Pipemania (PS2)
Platform: PlayStation2Change
Price:£3.68+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

VINE VOICEon 1 September 2008
In the early 90's, when I had an Atari ST, Pipemania was a game where you helped a local plumber get the water from the tap to the drain, it was fun, fast-paced and overall I wasted hours on it. What a sad moment it was when I saw this from Empire.

I'm all for change - but this is no where as good, one level you even have to get a train from A to B: so where's the pipe there? It's all very kiddie too, with it's cute graphics - not that it's a bad thing, but I think they could have made it more grown up, like Tetris, as really this is a good game for everyone. The music isn't much cop either, but I think this is really been levelled at pre-school level.

This is really disappointing for a retro fan like me, I was hoping for some classic action on the PS2, with huge grids where I can wind pipes around me like nobody's business, but alas it's not to be. I write this review mainly to help like-minded people like me, who will sadly be disappointed.

If you have a child between the ages of 4-7 I recommend this- it's good fun and it teaches them skills like how to route pipes and hand-eye co-ordination.

Lets hope the next Pipemania revival caters for everyone, old and new players alike.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again