5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product
I bought this as a present and the recipient was absolutely delighted with it. It is a really nice colour plus a nice finish with plenty of room inside to organise your beauty products. I am very pleased with the purchase.

Carmel McCann
Published on 11 Jan 2010 by Ms. Carmel Mccann

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality!!
Published 20 months ago by R Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Product, 11 Jan 2010
This review is from: Beauty-Boxes Valene Rose Cosmetics and Make-up Beauty Case (Personal Care)

Carmel McCann

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully presented, 25 Jan 2009
A. G. Green "bears7" (Wallasey, Wirral. UK) - See all my reviews
This make up case comes to you extremely well packed. No doubt due to the easily dented nature of aluminium and protection against gorillas in the postal system. No less than three cardboard boxes including the outer Amazon one! (A pity then that the same couldn't have been said for the appalling way my order for £600 worth of VCR/DVD recorder was packed which I immediately returned to Amazon for refund as it was damaged).
Product Features are somewhat misleading though not deliberately so, I think;

* Stylish design, absolutely!
* Strong chrome hinges, yes
* Lockable catch, prevents other's from using your stuff but not a determined thief/sister etc
* Soft lined internal compartments, slightly coarse but attractive black nylon lining
* Deep internal drawer, no drawer. Non removable spacious lower compartment for bottles and hairbrushes
* Make up case
* Cosmetic case
* Nail accessories
These last three do not exist as separate items. I can only think the description meant storage compartments for these items.
You only get what you see in the product images

My only major niggle? The box we received had a detached cantilever which swings the upper trays in or out as you open and close the case. It had never actually been attached as the locking nylon washer that holds the lever in place was still on its fixing rivet. It was an easy fix of half a minute or so but may have spoilt someone's surprise had it been sent directly as a gift to a friend. Not wanting to finish on a negative point I will say that the rest of the box is so beautifully crafted that I can only assume that this error is completely untypical of this manufacturer. Inside you will find two keys, carbon/silica gel, inspection slip, and a small catalogue of some of the other equally impressive products by Beauty Boxes.com which also includes a £5 off voucher towards a future purchase from their website.

It's real value for money when compared to plastic items you find in bargain stores which start at £15. It packs away a lot of otherwise fiddly stuff for its size and is comfortable to carry thanks to its slightly oversized handle. It also looks expensive, which is important for some.
Although these boxes are available in black/silver, pink/silver and all aluminium, I chose the red one as it's the only one where the order is stocked and fulfilled by Amazon and I had some Amazon vouchers to play with!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality!!, 11 April 2013
R Baker (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this exact box in 2009 and love it! As does my niece - so I just ordered one for her birthday. Well, it just arrived. It is terrible quality! Unlike the photos, which are the exact same box as mine, the compartments in this one aren't lined. The mechanism is really shonky, the outside of the box looks tacky, and the handle is plastic. I've booked a return and bought an alternative!

5.0 out of 5 stars beauty case, 8 Jan 2010
Needed something of a decent size, but not huge and bulky. Read the reviews and decided to order. Order was delivered much quicker than had been advised and i am delighted with the case. The colour is much better than the picture, funky deep pink! Perfect for what i wanted it for, plenty space for everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal, 10 Aug 2010
I've had this for almost 2 years now and its still as good as new, as is the one I bought for my mum and sister. It holds TONS of makeup and would be ideal for nail polish too. I use mineral make up pots and they spill everywhere, but in this box they lie flat so it is not messy and nothing is wasted.

You can easily fit in suntan lotion bottles/cleanser etc for travelling, so ideal for trips away too.

Brilliant product and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

3.0 out of 5 stars When opening the levers for the top boxes don't seem to be working properly., 15 May 2013
I have had a close look to see if I can screw them in myself but can't. I remember seeing a comment like this before I bought this but thought they might have resolved it. I should send it back but can't be bothered.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, 5 Jan 2010
It looks nice, has lots of useful little compartments but after a few weeks mine stopped closing and so is now completely useless. Next time I'll have to buy a more expensive one - lesson learned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Make up case, 22 Mar 2011
Absolutely love this product. Had it for almost 2 years and its as good as the day I got it. Highly recommend it to anyone. You can pack a hell of a lot of kit in. Its a surprisingly large make up box, and there are several compartments within for all your bits and bobs! The actual case itself is very strong, and has been packed away and travelled far without any damage to either the box itself or my make up. Would be a fantastic gift as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Moudly and rusty, 15 Dec 2013
The packaging was great - well boxed up and supported. Took it out and it was wet, rusty, mouldy and smelled disgusting. It had a sticker saying packed by Karen, however Karen can't have actually looked at it because it would not be fit to sell...you couldn't give it away. It was all over the case, not just on one small part. So relieved that I didn't give it to my 9 year old for Christmas without checking it first. Wish I could attach photos to this review!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 2 Aug 2010
it is a good product. it is not as big as i think, but i still can put lots of my make up in it.i love the pink colour, specially my daughter. delivery is fast.thank you Amazon.

Beauty-Boxes Valene Rose Cosmetics and Make-up Beauty Case