5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT
Published on 4 Aug. 2008 by Bob Grell

1.0 out of 5 stars The Bad Hair Metal Archetype Band
Remember how back in the day "true" headbangers derided hair metal bands as "pansies who care more about their looks about their music"?
Published 9 months ago by Oliverio Casas

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 4 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Young and Crazy (Audio CD)
This has just been re-issued.As per my previous review this album is the best thing tigertailz ever did as they had Steevi Jaimz who was/is still one of the best singer/songwriter/frontman the uk has ever spawned.from star attraction to hollywood killer this album is up there with the first two motley crue albums...forget the albums after with kim hooker as his voice and style just grate.this is the real deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BRITISH ROCK ALBUM OF THE LATE EIGHTIES!, 18 Jan. 2008
This review is from: Young and Crazy (Audio CD)
It was 1987 and me and mates were off to see tokyo blade at the old marquee in wardour street soho london and getting there with time to spare we walked in to see (support)the most o.t.t band we'd ever seen -Tigertailz.Totally amazing sounding,great stage presence,catchy songs and probably the best frontman this country has produced.all those who were there and subsequent gigs-especially queuing up for two nights at the headline gigs at the same venue,will probably agree that this band at this time were untouchable and the album young and crazy captured this perfectly.
With their uber-glam cool look and sneer you could be forgiven for thinking this was sleazy recycled hanoi rocks or a.o.r... no way!..this is crunching in your face metal with a great pop edge.better than any yank band doing the rounds at the time.
Every song on this album is great from the opening crunch of "star attraction" and "hollywood killer" with its catchy cautionary tales of living life in the fast lane to the future chart pop single "livin without you"(forget the release they re-did with another singer-its like a wet weekend) this album is complete..if you liked the first two motley crue albums you'll love this.
The x-factor of this album though is steevi jaimz,who really was(and still is) underated as a fine singer/songwriter and exceptional frontman.
Susequent releases with a new singer were boring,samey and uninspired compared to this blast of energy.
why no-one has put this out properly on cd beggers belief as it really is that good...........

.....we went to the pub next door halfway through tokyo blades set as it seemed boring after the first lot on stage......

1.0 out of 5 stars The Bad Hair Metal Archetype Band, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Young and Crazy (Audio CD)
Well, I never agreed with that, since even if I was more of a thrash kid back in the day, I din't consider myself above liking hair metal... Mötley Crüe was the band that pulled me into metal originally, and the fact girls dug those bands gave us metal kids a common ground with the fairer sex, so I never had a beef with hair metal. Besides, Mötley, Poison, Ratt, Dokken, Cinderella and Winger, to name a few, were great pop songwriters who could, in some cases, surprise the listener with cool musical ideas or ferocious displays of interesting musicianship, so I never minded mixing Slayer, Metallica and Kreator with some hair metal in my walkman.
That said, besides Danger Danger, Tigertailz must be the worst hair/pop/glam metal band I've ever listened to, and it confirms the stereotype that opens my review.
The music in this CD is very raw and kind of punky, but despite the evident enthusiasm and attitude displayed by the band, TIgertailz sounds like a very bad Poison clone with sub par, hookless songs.
Personally, I don't mind the cloning bit, but even unoriginal, bottom of the barrel hair metal acts like Britny Fox could combine a good riff with one or two memorable hits and therefore deliver a good hair metal song now and then,something Tigertailz seems completely incapable of doing on this release... in fact, the only track that kind of stuck out in my head after repeated listenings was "Shoot to Kill", and that's only because the guitar riff is a blatantly ripoffs Duran Duran's "Hungry like the Wolf".
As far as I know, their second album was much better, and they managed to write a good hair metal single with "Love Bomb Baby", but this CD is just a confirmation of everything that could be really, really bad and embarrassing about hair metal back in the day.

Young and Crazy
Young and Crazy by Tigertailz (Audio CD - 2008)