on 5 January 2012
i was fed up of going through various umbrella breakages each winter so i decided to invest in a decent one for a change. this has excellent build quality and i have had zero problems with wind. would highly recommend.
on 14 September 2011
I'm going to give this umbrella a 4 for now. I'm giving this a 4 based on looks and build, but I've yet to see how it holds up in a bit of wind, specially seeing as the tag on the umbrella claims it's a storm umbrella...

It is a very nice umbrella though and I'm quite pleased with it. My only quarel if anything is the little button you press in expand the umbrella isn't what I'd call great, it's very easy to catch your finger in and pinch. But nothing major.
on 25 June 2012
Bought this for my boyfriend, picking it on its looks and sturdiness as it needed to be smart and able to cope with the frequent wind and rain in Manchester. It really looks the part, but after a couple of months use, suddenly two of the support struts snapped and the canopy ripped in half on opening it in a gust of wind. Could have been a faulty one, but not sure whether to repurchase...
on 2 February 2014
Purchased as a Christmas present this umbrella left me feeling totally embarrassed when on second use the mechanism broke! I thought I was purchasing my husband a quality product but he has had to go back to his faithful marks and spencer brollie! Very disappointing.
on 7 April 2013
Great quality. Brilliant in the wind. Feels very sturdy and the wood used seems to be a good quality. Im 6ft and the length is a little short but still long enough to lean on .
on 22 February 2010
This is basically a very good, light and elegant brolly - but its isn't remotely as tough as its beefy Huntsman cousin. Its just very good quality for the price.
on 15 September 2015
DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!! Hinge mechanism broke after fairly little usage. Very flimsy and not well made at all. Such a shame as a very nice looking item.
on 15 February 2013
Bought as a present. Recipient is very pleased, no complaints. Works well. Happy with the price and suitably packaged for delivery.
on 25 February 2013
excellent value for money strong and durable good in windy weather did not blow outside in also good for walking stick
on 7 May 2015
I bought two umbrellas, this one arrived later than the other one. it is smaller than i thought, but I still like it.