5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:50 Mins
I own the adult version of this and swear by them.

I have made a video review to help show the goggles' features.

Published 8 months ago by Mister G

2.0 out of 5 stars Prone to lens breaking near nose
My daughters have had 3 pairs of these goggles and all broke in the same way. The lens breaks close to the nose. They are almost like a face mast rather than separate eye cups but the design is weak at the nose. Be very careful not to bend them but we were and lucky to last a year.
Until they break they are very good goggles.
Published 12 months ago by R Heslop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles, 16 April 2014
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:50 Mins

I own the adult version of this and swear by them.

I have made a video review to help show the goggles' features.

* Fitting: I was taught the following when learning to scuba dive. To see if a mask (or pair of goggles) fits, place the goggles over your child's face *WITHOUT putting the strap over his/her head* and push with a very, very small amount of pressure. The goggles should stay stuck to your face without falling off due to air pressure alone. These stuck to my daughter's face for about 2 minutes without falling off - that's how good the seal is for her. If they fall off, they don't fit - they fall off because air is getting in, and if air gets in, water will get in.

As the box is hinged and (at least my one was) not sealed (as shown in my video), you can test them easily for fit and then return them if they don't fit.

If they fit using the above method but not when your son/daughter wears them then it's because he/she is inadvertently breaking the seal - normally either by trapping hair between the mask and face, or by having the strap too tight. A common misconception is that to get a good seal the strap should be tight - that actually makes it more likely to leak (and far less comfortable to wear, and it gives your son/daughter great 'goggle eyes').

Everyone's face is different so some people will find that these don't fit - I suggest that you use the above method to find a different pair that does.

* Reusable hinged case: They come in a reusable plastic box (as shown in my video). There are holes in the back to drain water & let air in - handy in case you forget to open the box to let them dry out, though I would always store them with the box open until they have dried. It is important to encourage your child to keep them in the box (other than when drying out) to stop the lenses getting scratched.

* Comparison with eyecup style goggles: This style of goggle beats the eyecup style hands down in my opinion. They give far better vision and a wider field of view because you've got more flat plastic in front of your eyes, and you're less prone to 'goggle eyes' (the red mark around your eyes when you remove them). More importantly, they are a lot safer if your son/daughter accidentally gets knocked in the face - in that respect I think that eyecup style goggles are positively dangerous as they are roughly the same shape as the eye. If your son/daughter has eyecup style goggles, I wouldn't hesitate to replace them with this style - any model and any brand, not just this one.

* Fogging: When new, they don't fog up for a while. My adult version took about 6 months before they started to fog up.

In my video, the backing card got in the way of putting the goggles back in the box, and opening and closing the box. If you look at my video review of the adult version of these goggles, you can see how easy it is to do those two things.

5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles ever bought, 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles (Sports)
aquasphere goggles are by far the best goggles i have ever bought. having 5 children who all have been to swimming lessons i have spent a small fortune over the years on various goggles. These goggles are very easy to adjust and even very young children find them very comfortable. Had a few parents at swimming lessons ask where my daughters got their goggles from as they seem to be the only kids in the class that never have to adjust them or complain of their goggles filling with water.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love them, 5 Sep 2009
J. Pinnell (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these goggles for my 6 year old and my 3 year old to take on holiday as they both struggled to get on with 'normal' goggles. I was amazed at how easy the aquasphere goggles were - both kids were able to put them on by themselves after a few practise attempts and there they stayed - all holiday! In fact, my son wore them so much, he ended up having a very strange suntan on his face!!!!
Would definitely recommended and will be buying more as soon as either of the kids lose them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little faces!, 11 Oct 2009
My child has a small face and goggles usually let in water. These are great-good fit, no leakage. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 20 Sep 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I bought these for my 5 year old nephew because his parents were always complaining about the problems that they had with other ones that they had bought for him.

The goggles are well build and are made of material that's fit for purpose. They have a decent strap that's easy to adjust even when they are on your child's head and have a strong integral seal.

Several weeks after giving it to my brother in law, the feedback that I received from them was of a very positive nature. They said that my nephew refused to wear any kind of goggles in the swimming pool and in the sea because they did not fit him well and they ended up hurting him. Not only did they steam up but they allowed chlorine and other undesirable chemicals from the water to enter his eyes and caused acute inflammation.

When we took him swimming this week he seemed a lot happier in the car on my way to the pool and was quite happy for us to put them on him. I can verify that they did not leak, generate steam or leave red marks on his face,

I believe that the quality of the swimming goggles that children wear contributes heavily to how much children enjoy the whole swimming experience and I highly recommend this product.

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didnt I buy these sooner!, 26 May 2009
Fantastic, my little boy no longer has screwed up eyes and marks on his face after his swimming lesson.

Even he rates them and he is 4!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 10 Jun 2014
Brilliant product worth every penny my 3 year old son seems a whole load more confident in the water, tried and failed with other brands of goggles. Brilliant service from amazon delivered within 2 days of ordering. Thanks aqua sphere and thanks Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Goggles!, 6 Jan 2010
Ms. Geraldine Coombe (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
A great product! I bought these for my son primarily to wear in the bath as he detests having his hair washed and getting shampoo in his eyes! He also wears them swimming! He loves wearing them - they're easy to adjust and they seal the area around the eye - they don't actually sit upon the eye like a lot of smaller goggles do. they come in a range of colours - but mu son wanted blue. He's 2 years old, but they adjust to fit a child a lot older. A fab buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Zoggs, 7 Mar 2014
It seems no goggles are entirely without risk of leakage, but generally the easy side adjustment and kid friendly aspects of this product still make them a winner and better than the other fiddly Zoggs we've purchased countless times before!

4.0 out of 5 stars great goggles...but, 1 Mar 2010
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles (Sports)
i love these goggles, because my 4 children love wearing them - BUT I have bought 12 pairs over the last 3 years because i find that the straps break. You can tie a knot in the remaining strap for a while, but it's not ideal. That said, I wouldn't consider buying any other goggles as these are by far and away the best I have ever seen - i just wish I didn't have to buy so many of them as they are not cheap!

Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles