5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles ever bought
Published on 30 Sep 2008 by kash mac

1.0 out of 5 stars Never again
We bought these because we felt that the normal small goggles left a red mark on our child's face after a while wearing them, and there was too much pressure on their eye sockets. We thought larger face mask type goggles would be better. And they were, for about a week.

Published on 5 Aug 2011 by Amanda

5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles ever bought, 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles (Sports)
aquasphere goggles are by far the best goggles i have ever bought. having 5 children who all have been to swimming lessons i have spent a small fortune over the years on various goggles. These goggles are very easy to adjust and even very young children find them very comfortable. Had a few parents at swimming lessons ask where my daughters got their goggles from as they seem to be the only kids in the class that never have to adjust them or complain of their goggles filling with water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles, 16 April 2014
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:50 Mins

I own the adult version of this and swear by them.

I have made a video review to help show the goggles' features.

* Fitting: I was taught the following when learning to scuba dive. To see if a mask (or pair of goggles) fits, place the goggles over your child's face *WITHOUT putting the strap over his/her head* and push with a very, very small amount of pressure. The goggles should stay stuck to your face without falling off due to air pressure alone. These stuck to my daughter's face for about 2 minutes without falling off - that's how good the seal is for her. If they fall off, they don't fit - they fall off because air is getting in, and if air gets in, water will get in.

As the box is hinged and (at least my one was) not sealed (as shown in my video), you can test them easily for fit and then return them if they don't fit.

If they fit using the above method but not when your son/daughter wears them then it's because he/she is inadvertently breaking the seal - normally either by trapping hair between the mask and face, or by having the strap too tight. A common misconception is that to get a good seal the strap should be tight - that actually makes it more likely to leak (and far less comfortable to wear, and it gives your son/daughter great 'goggle eyes').

Everyone's face is different so some people will find that these don't fit - I suggest that you use the above method to find a different pair that does.

* Reusable hinged case: They come in a reusable plastic box (as shown in my video). There are holes in the back to drain water & let air in - handy in case you forget to open the box to let them dry out, though I would always store them with the box open until they have dried. It is important to encourage your child to keep them in the box (other than when drying out) to stop the lenses getting scratched.

* Comparison with eyecup style goggles: This style of goggle beats the eyecup style hands down in my opinion. They give far better vision and a wider field of view because you've got more flat plastic in front of your eyes, and you're less prone to 'goggle eyes' (the red mark around your eyes when you remove them). More importantly, they are a lot safer if your son/daughter accidentally gets knocked in the face - in that respect I think that eyecup style goggles are positively dangerous as they are roughly the same shape as the eye. If your son/daughter has eyecup style goggles, I wouldn't hesitate to replace them with this style - any model and any brand, not just this one.

* Fogging: When new, they don't fog up for a while. My adult version took about 6 months before they started to fog up.

In my video, the backing card got in the way of putting the goggles back in the box, and opening and closing the box. If you look at my video review of the adult version of these goggles, you can see how easy it is to do those two things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little faces!, 11 Oct 2009
My child has a small face and goggles usually let in water. These are great-good fit, no leakage. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didnt I buy these sooner!, 26 May 2009
Fantastic, my little boy no longer has screwed up eyes and marks on his face after his swimming lesson.

Even he rates them and he is 4!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Never again, 5 Aug 2011

The rubber / plastic around the edge of the goggles has split badly, all the way around. The second pair we got for our other child did exactly the same. One was pink and one was blue.

They then started letting water in because of the splitting, on both pairs. They look kind of frayed now, all the way round. The only thing on the instructions we could find was that they were not supposed to be in direct sunlight. So what do you do when your child is in and out of the pool on holiday? Are they only to be used in indoor pools?

They were never left out in the sun at all once the kids were out of the pool. They were dried and put back in their cases, then in a closed beach bag. I can't see it being the water, such as too much chlorene or anything, because the water didn't sting your eyes.

And they did leave the red mark on the face, and they did steam up.

They served the purpose for the first week, and we struggled through the second week. I will not go near this brand again, although the larger mask type goggles are much better than the normal sized ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 10 Jun 2014
Brilliant product worth every penny my 3 year old son seems a whole load more confident in the water, tried and failed with other brands of goggles. Brilliant service from amazon delivered within 2 days of ordering. Thanks aqua sphere and thanks Amazon

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Zoggs, 7 Mar 2014
It seems no goggles are entirely without risk of leakage, but generally the easy side adjustment and kid friendly aspects of this product still make them a winner and better than the other fiddly Zoggs we've purchased countless times before!

4.0 out of 5 stars Goggles for kids, 27 July 2009
Dr. Julia Aked (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This was the third pair of Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles we have bought for our son. The first pair we bought when he was four years old. They are very comfortable, have a good field of view and are quite easy to adjust. We have had to replace them because the lens gets scratched very easily to a point when visibility becomes an issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 9 Mar 2009
These are by far the best goggles that I have ever purchased. Both my children attend swimming lessons and we've tried cheaper versions in the past. These goggles provide excellent visibility and are incredibly easy to adjust, you don't have the problem of desparately trying to run bits of rubber through various holes when adjusting.

2.0 out of 5 stars Prone to lens breaking near nose, 7 Dec 2013
My daughters have had 3 pairs of these goggles and all broke in the same way. The lens breaks close to the nose. They are almost like a face mast rather than separate eye cups but the design is weak at the nose. Be very careful not to bend them but we were and lucky to last a year.
Until they break they are very good goggles.

Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles