5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles ever bought
Published on 30 Sept. 2008 by kash mac

2.0 out of 5 stars Great fit but not very good build quality
Published 12 months ago by cris

5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles ever bought, 30 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles (Electronics)
aquasphere goggles are by far the best goggles i have ever bought. having 5 children who all have been to swimming lessons i have spent a small fortune over the years on various goggles. These goggles are very easy to adjust and even very young children find them very comfortable. Had a few parents at swimming lessons ask where my daughters got their goggles from as they seem to be the only kids in the class that never have to adjust them or complain of their goggles filling with water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little faces!, 11 Oct. 2009
My child has a small face and goggles usually let in water. These are great-good fit, no leakage. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded Expectations, 20 Sept. 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I bought these for my 5 year old nephew because his parents were always complaining about the problems that they had with other ones that they had bought for him.

The goggles are well build and are made of material that's fit for purpose. They have a decent strap that's easy to adjust even when they are on your child's head and have a strong integral seal.

Several weeks after giving it to my brother in law, the feedback that I received from them was of a very positive nature. They said that my nephew refused to wear any kind of goggles in the swimming pool and in the sea because they did not fit him well and they ended up hurting him. Not only did they steam up but they allowed chlorine and other undesirable chemicals from the water to enter his eyes and caused acute inflammation.

When we took him swimming this week he seemed a lot happier in the car on my way to the pool and was quite happy for us to put them on him. I can verify that they did not leak, generate steam or leave red marks on his face,

I believe that the quality of the swimming goggles that children wear contributes heavily to how much children enjoy the whole swimming experience and I highly recommend this product.

Feedback:
If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below.

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didnt I buy these sooner!, 26 May 2009
Fantastic, my little boy no longer has screwed up eyes and marks on his face after his swimming lesson.

Even he rates them and he is 4!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles, 16 April 2014
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:50 Mins

I own the adult version of this and swear by them.

I have made a video review to help show the goggles' features.

* Fitting: I was taught the following when learning to scuba dive. To see if a mask (or pair of goggles) fits, place the goggles over your child's face *WITHOUT putting the strap over his/her head* and push with a very, very small amount of pressure. The goggles should stay stuck to your face without falling off due to air pressure alone. These stuck to my daughter's face for about 2 minutes without falling off - that's how good the seal is for her. If they fall off, they don't fit - they fall off because air is getting in, and if air gets in, water will get in.

As the box is hinged and (at least my one was) not sealed (as shown in my video), you can test them easily for fit and then return them if they don't fit.

If they fit using the above method but not when your son/daughter wears them then it's because he/she is inadvertently breaking the seal - normally either by trapping hair between the mask and face, or by having the strap too tight. A common misconception is that to get a good seal the strap should be tight - that actually makes it more likely to leak (and far less comfortable to wear, and it gives your son/daughter great 'goggle eyes').

Everyone's face is different so some people will find that these don't fit - I suggest that you use the above method to find a different pair that does.

* Reusable hinged case: They come in a reusable plastic box (as shown in my video). There are holes in the back to drain water & let air in - handy in case you forget to open the box to let them dry out, though I would always store them with the box open until they have dried. It is important to encourage your child to keep them in the box (other than when drying out) to stop the lenses getting scratched.

* Comparison with eyecup style goggles: This style of goggle beats the eyecup style hands down in my opinion. They give far better vision and a wider field of view because you've got more flat plastic in front of your eyes, and you're less prone to 'goggle eyes' (the red mark around your eyes when you remove them). More importantly, they are a lot safer if your son/daughter accidentally gets knocked in the face - in that respect I think that eyecup style goggles are positively dangerous as they are roughly the same shape as the eye. If your son/daughter has eyecup style goggles, I wouldn't hesitate to replace them with this style - any model and any brand, not just this one.

* Fogging: When new, they don't fog up for a while. My adult version took about 6 months before they started to fog up.

In my video, the backing card got in the way of putting the goggles back in the box, and opening and closing the box. If you look at my video review of the adult version of these goggles, you can see how easy it is to do those two things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 9 Mar. 2009
These are by far the best goggles that I have ever purchased. Both my children attend swimming lessons and we've tried cheaper versions in the past. These goggles provide excellent visibility and are incredibly easy to adjust, you don't have the problem of desparately trying to run bits of rubber through various holes when adjusting.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than Zoggs, 7 Mar. 2014
It seems no goggles are entirely without risk of leakage, but generally the easy side adjustment and kid friendly aspects of this product still make them a winner and better than the other fiddly Zoggs we've purchased countless times before!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great fit but not very good build quality, 3 Mar. 2014
I've been using swimming goggles like these 2 times a week for the past 3 years. When I got the chance I bought Aqua Sphere Kids goggles for my 3 kids. The ones I bought for my older kid are this model, just blue lens and clear shell. The product is the same. Even thought they fit well, the seal is of good quality and they look nice the product doesn't last long. After less than 6 months of daily use they started to leak near the middle symbol and then they broke. They were always stored in their shell while not in use. Now one can accept that they sustained excessive force at some time, or something happened. The problem is that when you try to contact Aqua Sphere you get no answer at all (must be an Italian thing I never got any answer from any Italian manufacturer). This is unaceptable from a company that claims that they sell the best goggles available, which they can be but they're not if they don't last any reasonable timeframe and they don't even care.

Also beware they're unuseable if your kid needs to make any competition traning at all as it's almost impossible to dive in with them. You'll need normal goggles for that.

The ones I use are Speedo Rift and they've sustained some amount neglect and abuse for over 3 years. Apart from very scrathed lens they're still in very good shape. Guess Speedo does know how to manufacture quality products, whereas Aqua Sphere has a lot to learn on that (and have customer service too)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 28 April 2012
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles (Electronics)
Bought these for a trip to mexico and practised in the bath with my 3 year old before going. She loved putting her head under to get rings I put under the bubbles. On holiday we put little things in the pool and she stretched down and eventually took her feet off without realising. Really gave her confidence and she started swimming unaided. Didnt leak. Used a headband to stop hair getting in the seals. Tip - wet hair first if you dont want screaming complaints! Have bought another set with snorkel from same manufacturers was that pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loves them., 23 July 2013
I bought these for my 6yr old son for holidays. They are a great fit and easy to adjust with click lock system. They fit around the face so don’t hurt the eyes and don’t leave deep red marks around the eyes. He used them everyday and said they never leaked even when diving and jumping in the pool. I even tried them myself and found them really good. They didn’t seem to fog up like some goggle do and would recommend them for anyone looking for some good goggle for their child.

Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles