5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles ever bought
Published on 30 Sep 2008 by kash mac

1.0 out of 5 stars Never again
We bought these because we felt that the normal small goggles left a red mark on our child's face after a while wearing them, and there was too much pressure on their eye sockets. We thought larger face mask type goggles would be better. And they were, for about a week.

The rubber / plastic around the edge of the goggles has split badly, all the way around...
Published on 5 Aug 2011 by Amanda

5.0 out of 5 stars best goggles ever bought, 30 Sep 2008
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles (Misc.)
aquasphere goggles are by far the best goggles i have ever bought. having 5 children who all have been to swimming lessons i have spent a small fortune over the years on various goggles. These goggles are very easy to adjust and even very young children find them very comfortable. Had a few parents at swimming lessons ask where my daughters got their goggles from as they seem to be the only kids in the class that never have to adjust them or complain of their goggles filling with water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little faces!, 11 Oct 2009
My child has a small face and goggles usually let in water. These are great-good fit, no leakage. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Why didnt I buy these sooner!, 26 May 2009
Fantastic, my little boy no longer has screwed up eyes and marks on his face after his swimming lesson.

Even he rates them and he is 4!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles (Misc.)
Goggles in the past have either broke or not been water tight. These on the other hand are excellent. My only concern when viewing the product was there was no reference to age, just "kids". My son is coming up to 13 and in my opinion I would say these goggles are ideal from age range 8-18yrs

5.0 out of 5 stars Best goggles yet!, 20 Mar 2011
M. D. Lambert "Toyhunter" (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
Bought these goggles for my grandaughter aged 6 who has just learnt to swim. Excellent all round view, and she
does not keep taking them off as they are so comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 10 Jun 2014
Brilliant product worth every penny my 3 year old son seems a whole load more confident in the water, tried and failed with other brands of goggles. Brilliant service from amazon delivered within 2 days of ordering. Thanks aqua sphere and thanks Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't let water in, 7 Jun 2014
These goggles have really helped my 4 year old daughter build her confidence under water. She hates water in her eyes, but because of the design of these goggles she now very rarely gets water in her eyes and its helped her learning to swim.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best kids goggles, 29 May 2014
My daughter is now 4yrs old, but has been swimming since she was a tiny baby. We have tried several types of baby or kids goggles, and none have fitted her properly, each leaking within a few seconds. I bought these after seeing how easily her swim teacher got her adult version on and off with one hand. They are quite soft and flexible, very light, and most importantly, are comfortable to wear, with hardly any leaking. My daughter has a small bridge to her nose, which is why a lot of goggles don't seem to fit, but these fit very well, without leaving typical goggle marks on her skin afterwards. Most importantly, she can get them on and off by herself, with only a little help to adjust them. She loves swimming, and now spends at least half her lesson with her head underwater, as she can see so clearly. They seem to fog up more slowly than regular goggles too, so we can usually go the whole lesson without clearing them. Recommended. I'm going to buy a pair of adult ones for myself...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles, 16 April 2014
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:50 Mins

I own the adult version of this and swear by them.

I have made a video review to help show the goggles' features.

* Fitting: I was taught the following when learning to scuba dive. To see if a mask (or pair of goggles) fits, place the goggles over your child's face *WITHOUT putting the strap over his/her head* and push with a very, very small amount of pressure. The goggles should stay stuck to your face without falling off due to air pressure alone. These stuck to my daughter's face for about 2 minutes without falling off - that's how good the seal is for her. If they fall off, they don't fit - they fall off because air is getting in, and if air gets in, water will get in.

As the box is hinged and (at least my one was) not sealed (as shown in my video), you can test them easily for fit and then return them if they don't fit.

If they fit using the above method but not when your son/daughter wears them then it's because he/she is inadvertently breaking the seal - normally either by trapping hair between the mask and face, or by having the strap too tight. A common misconception is that to get a good seal the strap should be tight - that actually makes it more likely to leak (and far less comfortable to wear, and it gives your son/daughter great 'goggle eyes').

Everyone's face is different so some people will find that these don't fit - I suggest that you use the above method to find a different pair that does.

* Reusable hinged case: They come in a reusable plastic box (as shown in my video). There are holes in the back to drain water & let air in - handy in case you forget to open the box to let them dry out, though I would always store them with the box open until they have dried. It is important to encourage your child to keep them in the box (other than when drying out) to stop the lenses getting scratched.

* Comparison with eyecup style goggles: This style of goggle beats the eyecup style hands down in my opinion. They give far better vision and a wider field of view because you've got more flat plastic in front of your eyes, and you're less prone to 'goggle eyes' (the red mark around your eyes when you remove them). More importantly, they are a lot safer if your son/daughter accidentally gets knocked in the face - in that respect I think that eyecup style goggles are positively dangerous as they are roughly the same shape as the eye. If your son/daughter has eyecup style goggles, I wouldn't hesitate to replace them with this style - any model and any brand, not just this one.

* Fogging: When new, they don't fog up for a while. My adult version took about 6 months before they started to fog up.

In my video, the backing card got in the way of putting the goggles back in the box, and opening and closing the box. If you look at my video review of the adult version of these goggles, you can see how easy it is to do those two things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great goggles, 14 Mar 2014
These are recommended by my daughter's swim school and I can see why. Despite constant fiddling they always seem to keep the water out and she loves the lurid colour. Great.

Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles