Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change

on 15 March 2009
bought grill & melt a few weeks ago to replace old toastie machine,it is great ,have used it loads for paninis,toasties ,chops ,it cooks salmon beautifully and in minutes.easy to clean when warm & store
on 7 May 2012
I bought this after carefully reading all the reviews - they helped me decide against removable plates. My first observation is how small it is - great for one or two people but definitely no more. Having said that it's a brilliant addition to my kitchen - i have used it so far for Steak, Chops, chicken, Vegetables and my husband even did his onion rings on it. It takes minutes to beautifully cook a steak and its all healthy with the fat draining out. My friend told me it does Fish Fingers very well but i have yet to try those. I took a tip from the reviews and bought the sponges to go with it - cleaning it is so easy with those, i just give it a wipe with the sponge whilst its still slightly warm, it really is that easy. One of the best things i have bought for my Kitchen !
on 13 March 2009
A compact grill which heated up quickly and food tasted good. Fairly easy to clean.
on 19 September 2009
On the whole, I am very happy with this purchase. I've been using it almost daily since I got it to make toasted sandwiches for the children when they come back from school. I like the floating design so that beans and cheese on toasts can be made without making a mess. It makes very nice panini and toasted sandwiches but sometimes I have problems putting grated cheese on the bread because the grill plate is not horizontal. I am wondering if the Cuisinart contact grill (the one which can be opened completely) will be slightly better in that aspect. Still I am happy I bought it and the price was quite good, compared with the Cuisinart one. It can be stored vertically which saves space.
on 5 April 2010
It's a nice and practical grill, solidly built, doesn't take up too much space and it gets very hot very quickly.
There are two downsides, which almost made me give it 3 stars:

1. The plates are not removable: I was surprised when I realized this, it's such a common feature that I was sure they would have been. Therefore it's a pain to clean: in order not to use toxic and abrasive cleaning products (because I don't want to eat them when I cook...), I have to balance the grill on the side of the sink, so that I can use the sponge and the regular dish soap. The top part is almost impossible to clean without getting the soap on the hinges, risking to wet parts that should not get in contact with water. If, instead, you simply clean it with water and non-toxic products like lemon juice solutions, be sure to smell whatever you cooked the previous time when you turn the grill on again.

2. The temperature of the grill is not adjustable, the only switch is the on/off button. Again, a very standard feature in lesser grills, missing from the multi-patented George Foreman machine. You don't need the whole power for bread or a ham and cheese sandwich, you risk burning the bun before the filling is toasty.

These two issues are pretty relevant, but I give it 4 stars nonetheless: the grill does its job, it's very easy to store, and it's cheap.
on 17 March 2011
A useful piece of kitchen equipment; I cleaned my old one to death!
This one cleans easily.
TIP - Put wet kitchen roll on grill as soon as you remove food - after switching off!!
Leave and remove at your leisure and it cleans with minimum effort.
Cooks food quickly and evenly.
Nothing more to say.
After years of sceptisism about these grills I finally bought the 14181 form Amazon. I was of the opinion that this would bebome like several other kitchen gadgets purchased in the past - initially used for the novelty value then it would gradually find its way to the back of a kitchen cabinet and be forgotten about.
I'm pleased to say how wrong I was ! We use this grill almost on a daily basis, be it for sausages, bacon, totmatoes in the morning or burgers, steak or fish at night. The grill heats up extremely quickly, it comes with 2 spatulas and 2 drip trays. Once used and cooled down it's easily cleaned with a damp sponge. The food does actually taste better as not only all the surplus oils and fat drained away from meat products but by utilising the top plate sears and seals the flavors - try it on a salmon steak and you'll see what I mean. I found it best to experiment with different cuts of meat as you can sometimes achieve better results by using the unit as a griddle and turning things over with the provided spatula - this avoids the top plate burning the top of the meat.
Since buying I've hardly used my old built in grill as the George Foreman is quicker, cleaner and much easier to use - plus the results are genuinely better. All I can say now is buy one and try one - you'll be pleased that you did !
0Comment|82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2009
I bought this grill for a friend who has an oven/grill. Because it was often the case that making a meal needed the use of both simultaneously, having a separate grill was a good idea! I found this grill on offer, and it seemed like good value for money. I watched a video of it on the QVC channel's website which convinced me that it'll do the job, and it did! The grill is neatly designed and big enough for most needs. The drip tray works fine and cleaning the grill is relatively easy. Overall, it is a good grill.
on 20 August 2009
This grill replaced an older foreman junior.Its great for just about anything that you would use an oven for.Yes do bacon,chops ,steak e.t.c.In the melt hinge setting try fish in batter, fish cakes, oven chips!I am learning what this little beauty can do, it takes my oven 20 mins to heat up ,by the time I have chosen whats for tea its hot and ready to cook.An ideal time saver. One warning in the melt setting do not press down the lid those hinges are not all that strong looking11
on 4 November 2010
waste of money.. broke in just 2nd use...though amazon did refunded the money but very dissapointed with the product.