5.0 out of 5 stars SMALL IN SIZE BUT BIG IN DELIVERY
Published on 21 Jan 2009 by S. Hughes

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not heat up
I've had a standard George for ages and had only one complaint: it was difficult to keep clean as you couldn't put it in the dishwasher. I decided to upgrade to this model which has removable grills hoping that this would improve on an already great product: it didn't!

Published on 7 July 2010 by John R. Gladstone

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not heat up, 7 July 2010
John R. Gladstone "Mr Flibble" (Romsey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: George Foreman 14066 Three Portion Grill with Removable Plates - Black (Kitchen & Home)

The grill plates simply did not heat up enough. My old George would be sizzling hot in a few minutes and leave some nice griddle marks on the food in moments. This thing was a totally different story. The thermostat light seemed to take an absolute age to go out (at least 10 minutes). According to the manual it is only after this light extinguishes that the grill is hot enough to cook. After a further 20 minutes attempting to cook a pork steak I admitted defeat. The steak was cooked but it was a pale, dry, unappetising piece of food - it wasn't even that thick.

I assumed that the product must be faulty so asked for a replacement. A new one turned up and... same problem. It takes forever to heat up. Sent this one back and got a refund.

My old George was great but this new design seems to have a design flaw that prevents the heating element from achieving decent heat transfer to the grill. My advice - get a standard one

5.0 out of 5 stars SMALL IN SIZE BUT BIG IN DELIVERY, 21 Jan 2009
S. Hughes "scarysezzer" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
I "downsized" from a George Foreman Cafe Grill to this smaller grill. The main reasons being a) the Cafe grill takes up a lot of workspace b) the plates are not removable c) after a while the plates started to lose their non stick. This grill takes up a very small space on my work surface. There are two of us and I agree it really is only a grill for 2 portions. You could just about fit 3 chicken fillets on if you put them top to tail, but not with steaks. However, the beauty of this grill is that the plates are removable so it makes washing them a dream. Just pop them in warm soapy water and hey presto, a few minutes later, wipe over and they are good as new! For this alone I rate it 5 stars. This one does not have an adjustable temperature guage but as yet I have not found that a problem. I would recommend this grill to those with limited space or for a single person or couple who want an easy to maintain George Foreman model.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small but not perfectly formed, 6 Dec 2010
Tommo47 (Northants England) - See all my reviews
I bought the 14066 grill to replace my old(ish) model 11760, which still cooked well but the plates were getting worn and harder to clean.I fancied the 14066 for its compact size and the removable plates.

My first impression was the flimsiness of build..e.g two tiny screws holding the lid on.
The plates were easy enough to remove, but a fiddle to replace.

O.K. I could live with that, but the cooking performance was nothing like as strong as its predecessor. It took over 4 mins to heat up and,even then,was barely hot enough to sear the meat... I should have checked the wattage ; 1000 watts isn't enough.

I've sent the 14066 back, and will go for a bigger grill, probably 13622,as recommended in the latest Which? magazine.In the same review (Dec 2010)model 14066 only rated 48% in their tests, which sounds about right.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what you expect from a GF grill, 16 Aug 2010
Maybe because of the removable plates but it just doesn't get hot enough to seal/sear meat. You don't get the desired lines that a GF grill would normally sear into meat and it takes an age to cook a good sized steak. There are better value grills than this and mine has already gone into the bin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 30 Mar 2009
N. Bingham - See all my reviews
Bought one - took 40 mins to cook two thin pork loin steaks - so took it back and it was exchanged for another. Second one gets hotter - but still not hot enough to sear meat both side to seal juices in, consequently meat is always dried out before it is cooked and rarely gets brown on the outside. Pity, as this was replacement for the largest GF grill that we have used sucessfully for many years. Will look for another make. Would give this no stars at all - but review system says minimum I can give it is 1 star!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little grill, 11 Jan 2009
Barbara Si (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
I love my new little grill, it is fast, effective and very easy to clean. The food tastes great and the fat just runs away. However it is little and is just right for my kitchen - But - Not 3 portions, perhaps 3 small burgers, but it will take 2 chicken breasts, just, or just one steak. No room for veg. You can work this out by looking at the stated dimensions, so recommend you do that before you decide which one to buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Small, 9 Jan 2009
A. Elliott - See all my reviews
Got this a couple of days ago and have used it with great success cooking steaks, the 3 star rating on this does not reflect the cooking ability but more on the size of the grill. This is supposed to be a three portion but to be honest is only suitable for cooking for 1 if doing steaks. The removeable plates work well, I've not had it long enough to judge if the appliance has cold spots reported by others but time will tell.

1.0 out of 5 stars George Foreman, 16 Aug 2010
This product was a complete let down. The quality was poor and it didn't compare well to my well-worn basic model which was bought about 5 years ago. (I wanted to upgrade to one with removable plates). The grill seems to regulate its temperature by turning itself off and on - this means the food takes much longer to cook as it keeps cooling down. I tried to cook bacon on it which took an age and left the bacon pink and soggy - I had to finish it off in the frying pan! Would definitely not recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good George Foreman product, 7 Feb 2009
How I sang with joy when I saw there was one with removable plates. FINALLY! I don't have to carefully manoeuvre the cloth between the ridges, joins, springs, underneath its greasy little feet... oh the joy! Stick the greasy bits in the last of your washing-up water to soak it all off, then clean them! Or better still, for those with larger kitchens and the appropriate plumbing, just whack those darn things in the dishwasher! Sheer wonder.

My ONLY criticism is that you really mustn't underestimate the delicacy of the teflon coating - be extremely careful if you're using a sponge or an intensive dishwasher setting because it comes off really easily, leaving the metal underneath exposed.

All in all though, a brilliant product and I am delighted that I bought one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not working well!, 20 July 2010
I bought this grill a few months ago thinking it would replace my previous George Foreman grill but with the added advantage of the removable plates. Unfortunately the plates don't get very hot. It takes ages to cook anything and it tastes like it has been boiled...not grilled.