Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(2 star).Show all reviews
on 8 February 2014
The game is not responding very well with the movements which is annoying as you need to move around a lot and it not responding to the wii remote so therefore i would not recommend to this a friend i would but it for the PS2 next time
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2010
Everyone raves about it, but these are the things I find annoying:

1. Some of the techniques you use with the remote are very difficult to grasp. The power slash is SO frustrating. I did the bloody fishing thing SO many times before I managed it. Even with the 'Z' button it was hard. Attempting to do anything involving that is very difficult. I am not a gamer so I admit it should be a little difficult, but my bf is a gamer and even he was shouting at it. Even attempting to get a 'straight' line to tick off the monster list annoyed the hell out of me. And when you fail to achieve the task, you have to go through the whole set up EACH TIME!

2. The fights went from repetitive to really bloody hard with the plant things. Just as I thought I wasn't doing too badly, I suddenly had to fight two. It was at that point my interest died. I want to know I have a chance instead of being pounded into the ground.

I wanted a game with a story, with tasks that were challenging but could be done with time and patience. I didn't find it in this game.

Looks lovely though.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2008
A lot of reviewers have treated Okami as some sort of classic and are mystified by it's lack of sales success. I'm pretty sure it failed because it's deeply flawed - it's frustrating really, because it's beautiful looking game, and the flaws could have been fixed on the Wii.

There are three main flaws, the broken drawing controls, terrible save system, and utterly unfair gameplay complete with having to endless click through dialog each team you fail and want to try again.

From forums, its seems like the drawing control weren't great on the PS2, but this is a real problem. In one task, for example, you have to draw 5 circles in a row. Problem is it seems to be utterly random as to what it will accept as a circle.

The save system relies on checkpoints (always a bad thing in my book), and you can get in situations were you can't complete a task (usually because of the broken controls) and can't exit and save. So you just have to switch the Wii off.

The worse thing, though, are the tasks where if you fail you have to go through about twenty lines of dialog that appear one word at a time before you can have another go. The task some times only take a few seconds to fail at, so you have about 5 seconds playtime to two minutes of replaying and clicking through dialog.

It's a shame really, these flaws could have been fixed for the Wii version - the graphics are amazing, and a lot of the game play is quite charming. At it was Okami flopped again (it's word-of-mouth must be terrible) and I'm left re-playing Zelda for some non-frustrating action adventuring.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 October 2011
I thought i would love this game it looked my type of game.I done my research on it as you do and what a disappointment this game was.The controls are frustrating when having to point with the wii remote.You get so far into the game and think why have i wasted my time im god damn bored.So you put the wii remote down and play a different game ie zelda or mario zack and wicki etc now im putting games in your mouth CLASSIC games games worth playing.If you love platform puzzle type games go for them games.This is just my opinion buy it if you really want too but buy them games i mentioned first on the wii you will be a lot happier
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse