5.0 out of 5 stars PowerBee 15 Superbright LED Solar Power PIR Light
Please listen to the honest review of an absolute DIY-o-phobe.
I hate DIY with a vengance, because in my case, normally, if it can go wrong - it will. However, I was in need of some security lighting to illuminate my garage area, (front and back), and after reading the reviews of a number of products, decided to choose 2 of these items.
Lets just say, I am...
Published on 14 Nov 2009 by Mr. A. P. Weston

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
They work fine, but the only thing is the range of the detector is very limited. You are almost on top of the lights when they come on. Apart from that they work well.
Published 6 months ago by iMac_user

5.0 out of 5 stars PowerBee 15 Superbright LED Solar Power PIR Light, 14 Nov 2009
Please listen to the honest review of an absolute DIY-o-phobe.
Lets just say, I am absolutely delighted.
Simple, easy instructions, and easy to install. My garage area is below my house, so I wanted sensors to 'shine down' upon anyone trying to approach front and/or rear. I set the solar panels up on the balcony/patio area, and led the wires down to the sensors, positioning them 3 meters above the floor.
From the word 'go' - Excellent ! Simplicity in itself, and the illumination is very bright. (in my case, after only about 5 hours of sunlight/initial charging) - They worked perfectly.
Just one pont to note -
be gentle when you screw in the bracket that holds the actual light in place, As I say, I hate DIY and am heavy handed, and although I thought I was being careful, when I screwed in the 1st screw, cracked the housing a little bit - (but superglue fixed that easily).
The lights are nice and light, so theres no need to 'embed' the things into the wall. (be gentle).
An excellent product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright as a Button!, 30 Nov 2009
A completely idiot-proof easy to install porch light. The light is good enough for me to read the ghost stories of MR James under it!
It will be interesting to see how it perfoms one year from now. That will be the real test.
Update April 2010;
Performing well but beware waterproof it is not! I moved it from under the porch to a more exposed spot and it lasted three days before water seaped in and mullered it. I dried it out and moved the light back under the porch. Now it's ok again.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 9 Sep 2009
J. Swain (London) - See all my reviews
I have purchased a selection of budget solar PIR lighting and this is the one that works for me. It's consistent in it's rnage and lighting. Amazon were selling and I bought one a great little all in one unit that on the face of it would be perfect. I had two and the first was awful. It didn't work for more than a day. The second for 3 weeks. The Powerbee works well and gives out good light. I'd recommend two of these rather than 1 of a more expensive unit. Ok, it's not the best looking bit of kit but it does it's job well. For the price I'd go for it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: PowerBee Signaller Twin Head High Spec Solar Security Light with 56 latest technology large Superbright led's / Movement Activated / Adjustable PIR / Directional PIR / Directional lighting / Designed to work ALL year round in the UK (Garden & Outdoors)

4.0 out of 5 stars PowerBee Solar security light, 25 Oct 2013
I received the product in record time but unfortunately the rain arrived at much the same time as the light. I have not been able to install it on the outside of the house, but have tested it by mounting above the stairs for the moment. This works so well it has frightened everyone in the house. It unusual to be in a spotlight as soon as you turn the corner to go up or down the stairs in the middle of the night.

The light is easily bright enough to move around most of the bottom of the house without having to switch on any other lights. And the best bit about this - is its all free energy, that and no more forgetting to turn off the light.

I am hoping for a break in the weather on Saturday to finaly install it onPowerBee Signaller Amazing High Power Solar Security Light 54 latest technology large Superbright led's / Movement Activated / Adjustable PIR / Directional PIR / Directional lighting / mains equivalent for your home or business the outside.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Made, 24 Oct 2010
Not very well made. Not a bright light and not suitable for outdoors as it is not weatherproof.
The plug for the light from the solar panel doesn't fit properly. Not worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - Misleading reviews!, 22 Feb 2012
I was hoping to write a Amazon review for the PowerBee Sentry 15 Security Light which I ordered in mid 2011. To my suprise the Sentry has disappeared and been replaced by a completely different product called the Signaller. The problem is all the Sentry reviews are all still here disguised as reviews for the Signaller. When I purchased my Sentry 15 it had 40+ reviews so only a few of the reviews here are actually for the Signaller which you can see if you read them carefully (see reviews by DPryke, Maggie, Yamaha "hobbo", jsi, J.M. Krumins, Mr. A. P Weston etc).

Amazon's review system is supposed to be one of the few places where consumers can let each other know what products are really like behind the marketing hype of the companies that sell them. It's a shame this seller feels the need to manipulate that. I shall be reporting the matter to Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Sep 2009
S. Lowson (UK) - See all my reviews
Very surprised with the brightness, OK, it's not a 500w Halogen, but perfect for lighting small areas to see your way etc. 3 Weeks use now and battery still going strong, so must be charging ok. Would but again

5.0 out of 5 stars spot lights, 11 Sep 2011
As there are two lights I thought this would be ideal for lighting up two areas, I wasn't wrong, by fitting it on the corner or my house. When I open the back door it comes on to light up the back area of the house they are very bright lights, as I have an entrance to the garage around the corner the other light lights up that area too, No more fumbling in the dark to open the garage entrance door. It also adds security if anyone does manage to get in the back garden they will have to start singing and dancing because they will sure enough be in the spot light. As it is solar powered there is no need for costly electricians to install it, just screw it in position and set the dials for how long you want it to stay on, when you move out of reach of the censer and there you go,the wire from the light to the solar panel is quite long allowing the panel to be fitted away from the light. A good buy at reasonable price id well recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible attitude, bad service & quality, 20 Dec 2013
I wouldn't recommend buying from this company. I had really poor service recently and now I'm left with a solar light which has condensation inside the light units and will only stay on for maximum 1min 20 secs.
It has been especially frustrating as I had big problems with delivery. In the end I had to drive a 40mile round trip to pick up from a royal mail delivery office. The staff at powerbee refused to help and we're very rude in hanging up the telephone, blaming royal mail, etc. etc.
Maybe I have been unlucky and powerbee is a reputable company. However my personal experience suggests otherwise. Perhaps I've just been unlucky but would advise caution with this company.