on 18 June 2012
This is a really fun pedal! Anything you play sounds good on it and you can get quite creative. I bought it because I really like Angels and Airwaves and I wanted to be able to play some of their songs/make some of my own and you can do all of that with this.

The reason I gave it 4 stars not 5 is because it isn't metal and sometimes there is a high pitched hum when you're not playing, but that could be my leads cause one of them is very old. And when i fiddled with it it stopped humming. For the price it is, it is a really great delay pedal. So simple to use too. if you have £125, get a Boss one. If you don't, get this one.
on 21 September 2013
I bought this because I wanted to get a vintage delay with a similar sound to the one Hank Marvin got on his early recordings. This delay fits the bill exactly and provides a really authentic and professional delay. So if you want the vintage Shadows sound, this is the delay to buy.
I have owned mine for about four months now with it plugged into a mains adaptor and it works fine and feels sturdy. In my opinion, you would have to be a very clumsy and heavy footed guitarist to break the casing.
on 3 January 2012
Got This for Christmas, and i cant fault it its amazing. Works really well and sounds awesome !! Must Have effect pedal for any guitarist.
on 29 August 2013
I bought it to play rockabilly which does quite well. It didn't come with any instructions in English but it is a simple device and after a few minutes of expeiments with the controls soon gets it sounding good. Very good value for the money.
on 18 September 2012
So I've only just looked into buying pedals as I love the echo/delay effect that some amps have built in. This pedal really does have it all, the echo is great and setting the rate of repeats is easy and can make the experience much more fun for the user. Would highly recommend this pedal to anyone, plus its reasonably cheap! Can easily keep up with its competitors. 5 stars for this pedal.
on 30 July 2010
I wanted to get a reverb pedal, or amp... pretty much anything reverb as I really like shoe gaze music. I was looking around for a cheap pedal and came across Delay pedals which I've never heard of before. Behringer is a maker of a range of rather inexpensive of pedals, the reverb one being a little more expensive compared to this model. The Delay does the job and it seems to sound much better than it's counterparts from Behringer, cheaper or otherwise. I tried looking for clips of what they sounded like and this Vintage Delay seemed best suited as it creates a nice feeling of space around the sounds you make with your guitar (though you can use this pedal for Bass and Keyboard). I am only an amateur so I can only really give my opinion from this standpoint, I got this pedal because I like reverb and this pedal sounds the most like it to me.

It's sturdy and wont break if you stamp on it. Apparently there is a wave of fear amongst the gear buying community of guitar players who seem to think that plastic equals trash, but then who stamps THAT hard on pedals. So yeah, if you've a phobia of this then stay away from this pedal as your mighty musical skills will be far too much for this mere mite of a thing and it would surely be crushed to a thin piece of film smeared across the ground, almost as homage to your ineffable guitaring abilities. As you can see, as an amatuer I'm rather bemused by some of the trends that surface amongst the more militant muso geeks.
44 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 February 2016
This is a clone of the Boss DM-3 analog delay pedal made around 1983 to 1985 (ish). It is a true analog delay which copies the circuit design in as many respects as it can without being issued a lawsuit. I understand that the long extinct Panasonic chip which lies at the heart of the DM-3 sound has been reproduced. As with most, if not all Behringer pedals it uses tiny SMD components instead of the original full size parts. The only downside of this would be it very difficult to repair or modify, but even so-called 'boutique' pedals such as my Heptode phaser pedal use this technology and as far as my ears can tell it has no negatives on the sound.. Why would it?

I've owned a DM-3 pedal in the past and in my opinion it sounds exactly how I remember it. Warm, characterful and very controllable. I would say if anything it is possible to dial in and make micro adjustments more easily as the controls seem less sensitive but still have a similar overall range. The envelope of the decay is spot on - something that the Line6 DL4 model of this pedal did not quite get right and was hard to live with.

All the sounds it produces are usable and I finding I have a been using it as a slapback delay, a pseudo 'down a well' reverb effect and groovy Self- Oscillation sounds which I frequently sample on an old Akai s950 at low bandwidth and mangle further to great some great textures in my recordings. What I like in particular with this pedal is how the effect on guitar sits well in the mix. I sometimes record the direct out of the delay seperately so I can EQ the delay or add modulation to the echo trails.

Some people have mentioned noise but mine is fine and only what I would expect from 30 year old circuit design. Isn't it all part of their character .... you know the stuff that digital models go out of their way to reproduce?

The construction seems perfectly good enough - the pots have a nice feel and the sockets feel fine. There are other reviewers who moan about the case being made of plastic but it's ABS and is more than capable of surviving being dropped etc. Seriously, what do people want for eighteen quid including postage?

There are people who love to bitch about Behringer but I've had nothing but good experience with them. This pedal is no exception - it sounds amazing and I doubt many could tell the difference in sound in a blindfold test. It has a warranty, if it goes wrong return it and they will replace it just like any other pedal manufacturer would. What is there not to like?

I'm still trying to get my head round how I can buy a 100% genuine analog bucket brigade delay brand new for less than twenty quid that sounds just like my old Boss.

I'm super happy. The clone is dead! Long live the Clone!
on 26 February 2014
was looking for the kind of delay , for Floyd type songs,as in the wall and run like hell, this wee beauty does the job excellently, very impressed with it and for the buttons i paid for it you cant go wrong , it is made of plastic, but its very well made and will last a good while. cant complain in any way :) got a few of these Behringer pedals and everyone has been fine to decent.
on 26 January 2015
This is a 5 star product based on the price
What can I say? Firstly the delay and sound this creates is as good as a £100 delay. Ive owned many and this really is up there with them!
Ive used this for 8 months and has served me well and the plastic casing is strong so i wouldn't really let that worry you unless you jump on your pedals to switch them on.
Dont be a pedal snob and save yourself some cash this really is a great little pedal
on 2 April 2014
The good points: it's a reasonably clean sounding analogue pedal for slap back or up to 300ms delay and it's cheap.

The bad points: you pays you money and you takes your pick. The case would not stand up to road use but is OK for Studio or home. The echo are uninspiring; I've have a few different delay pedals and they all sound better. There's just something missing in the sound that either a vintage or more expensive pedal would have.