5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a reverb but...
Published on 30 July 2010 by Damian Pearce

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap product, crap company
I thought at this low price I couldn't really go wrong. But I was mistaken.

Published 23 months ago by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not a reverb but..., 30 July 2010
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
I wanted to get a reverb pedal, or amp... pretty much anything reverb as I really like shoe gaze music. I was looking around for a cheap pedal and came across Delay pedals which I've never heard of before. Behringer is a maker of a range of rather inexpensive of pedals, the reverb one being a little more expensive compared to this model. The Delay does the job and it seems to sound much better than it's counterparts from Behringer, cheaper or otherwise. I tried looking for clips of what they sounded like and this Vintage Delay seemed best suited as it creates a nice feeling of space around the sounds you make with your guitar (though you can use this pedal for Bass and Keyboard). I am only an amateur so I can only really give my opinion from this standpoint, I got this pedal because I like reverb and this pedal sounds the most like it to me.

It's sturdy and wont break if you stamp on it. Apparently there is a wave of fear amongst the gear buying community of guitar players who seem to think that plastic equals trash, but then who stamps THAT hard on pedals. So yeah, if you've a phobia of this then stay away from this pedal as your mighty musical skills will be far too much for this mere mite of a thing and it would surely be crushed to a thin piece of film smeared across the ground, almost as homage to your ineffable guitaring abilities. As you can see, as an amatuer I'm rather bemused by some of the trends that surface amongst the more militant muso geeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good... really good... really good..., 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
This is a really fun pedal! Anything you play sounds good on it and you can get quite creative. I bought it because I really like Angels and Airwaves and I wanted to be able to play some of their songs/make some of my own and you can do all of that with this.

The reason I gave it 4 stars not 5 is because it isn't metal and sometimes there is a high pitched hum when you're not playing, but that could be my leads cause one of them is very old. And when i fiddled with it it stopped humming. For the price it is, it is a really great delay pedal. So simple to use too. if you have £125, get a Boss one. If you don't, get this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr R Oliver, 3 Jan 2012
Mr. R. Oliver (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
Got This for Christmas, and i cant fault it its amazing. Works really well and sounds awesome !! Must Have effect pedal for any guitarist.

5.0 out of 5 stars great device fo playing rockabilly, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
I bought it to play rockabilly which does quite well. It didn't come with any instructions in English but it is a simple device and after a few minutes of expeiments with the controls soon gets it sounding good. Very good value for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
So I've only just looked into buying pedals as I love the echo/delay effect that some amps have built in. This pedal really does have it all, the echo is great and setting the rate of repeats is easy and can make the experience much more fun for the user. Would highly recommend this pedal to anyone, plus its reasonably cheap! Can easily keep up with its competitors. 5 stars for this pedal.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delay for 'The Shadows' guitarists, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
I bought this because I wanted to get a vintage delay with a similar sound to the one Hank Marvin got on his early recordings. This delay fits the bill exactly and provides a really authentic and professional delay. So if you want the vintage Shadows sound, this is the delay to buy.
I have owned mine for about four months now with it plugged into a mains adaptor and it works fine and feels sturdy. In my opinion, you would have to be a very clumsy and heavy footed guitarist to break the casing.

4.0 out of 5 stars There are better units for more cost, but this does a sterling job., 8 Nov 2014
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
I bought this to add to my growing collection of cheap pedals. For what it costs, it's actually quite good, but caveats exist.
The feel of the pedal is vague. This is probably because the switch is a micro-switch activated by a plug of rubber. Positive actuation would squish the switch through the PCB. The battery is mounted under the pedal lid, and I'm sure the pedal lid squishes it or affects the activation.
Yes, yes yes. O.K, here we go. It is made of plastic. And?. This is tough stuff. The method of battery changeout is detailed elsewhere and all I have to add to that is check the lugs are fully engaged then you won't join the ranks of Behringer haters whose pedal top popped off after they, and this may be key to any reliability issues, stamp on the bloody thing as if they're roach-phobic and King Cockroach is within reach.
Over stamping when run on external power may also kill the switch or detach/deform the rubber plug. Check for activation using just the pinkie ( owners will know what I mean as soon as you pop the lid ) first. I'm not fond on using a battery as a travel limiter.
Sound wise. Well, I can't complain. It adds a little noise when switched in and a tad when just in the chain. True bypass?. Use Olde English vernacular relating to testicles is it true bypass. It does drain the battery when deactivated but left in the chain.
It adds noise to supply rails so if you're planning on using a power brick with non-isolated outputs or daisy chaining. Not much, but some may object to the added hum.
Fantastic for the price. I'm using this as a second delay unit because I can't be bothered altering the main one from slapback to couple of repeats mid set. I just click slapback out and this one in when needed.
I've tried inducing radio noise by using my PMR walkie-talkie nearby and I have to get within 1' to get noise. Mobile phones don't trouble it much either, again, more than 1' away and no clickynoise badness when the phone rings or cell switches.
That matters to some too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love behringer gear, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
I love behringer gear. Not once have i had a pedal that is faulty or that ive pressed and the sheer weight of my almighty giant foot has crushed the pedal! They are sturdy and do the job. You get what you pay for and not in a bad way. If you want reverse and lots more control ten buy a pedal with all these gadgets, this is a really good pedal for a really good price. I recieved it earlier than expected as well and at a reall really good price. Well chuffed with this delay.

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap product, crap company, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Behringer VD400 Vintage Delay Effects Pedal (Electronics)
I thought at this low price I couldn't really go wrong. But I was mistaken.

I had the VD400 for about four months, but it was barely used in that time. I have several other echoes and this was just an extra - fortunately. In that time it had maybe fifteen minutes of use at most. Then I tried it and it wouldn't power on. The battery was fine, but I tried another one just to be sure. Then I tried a mains adapter. It revived for a few seconds and then went dead again.

I contacted Behringer, who were less than helpful, and vague about the warranty terms. I went back to their website and spoke to an independent dealer they listed for the UK, who kindly told me what Behringer should have told me, that I have the usual twelve month warranty. In the meantime Behringer emailed me to say they were closing the case. I emailed them back to reopen it, and sent them proof that I'd bought the item from Amazon, but they weren't interested in proof from Amazon's website and would only take the printed invoice enclosed with the item when it was originally delivered. Even then I'd have to pay postage if they repaired it. It wasn't worth the hassle and I don't believe in throwing good money after bad, especially when the item isn't anything special in the first place. So the useless thing went in the bin.

This is the last time I buy anything Behringer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 July 2014