5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Scarer
I like cats but not what they were doing in my flowerbeds! Tried lots of ploys and won a few battles but not the war. This cat repeller is doing the trick and after about a month we seem to be winning. It doesn't make a nasty noise that we can hear, only a little click when it is activated. Absolutely Great.
Published on 29 April 2009 by Kindle Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars eats batteries
Published on 22 Feb. 2010 by Mrs. M. Hankinson

3.0 out of 5 stars eats batteries, 22 Feb. 2010
Mrs. M. Hankinson "micktoto" (bury lancs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mega-Sonic Cat, Dog & Fox Repeller STV620 (Garden & Outdoors)
having bought this i must say it does work but my god it chomps through batteries for fun you can purchase a psu separately but thats another tenner on top should come as standard with the product 6 aa batteries every 5 days is too much and when using recharable batts only 4 days very dissapointed with lack of power supply adapter should come with item.not have to shell out again for it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works OK, but kills your rechargeable batteries, 3 Sept. 2009
J. Needham (UK) - See all my reviews
This scarer works fine. (Yes it seems to keep the cats off my vegetables, no problems there)

The battery life in a typical use like my garden is much lower than the ~2 months quoted. Two weeks is about the limit.

I expected this to be not a problem, and promptly bought six new rechargeable AA cells. Problem is that the electronics is badly designed, such that the unit keeps on discharging the batteries well below the point where it should stop. This very low discharge voltage causes the Ni-Mh batteries to crystalize up with internal short circuits, and then impossible to recharge. ie in 2 weeks, it can damage £10 worth of rechargeable cells very easily unless you catch it in time. (Whch of course you won't). A really bad design fault.

I would not recommend buying one unless you intend to run it off the mains.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat Scarer, 29 April 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 3 Aug. 2011
I bought one of these to stop a neighbours dog coming into my garden, (we have a hedge with gaps and a new fence would be too expensive)
This device worked exceptionally well. Since installing this device, the dog has not crossed the border at all. I would recommend this to anyone with a similiar problem. Very easy to setup and seems to be well made.
In terms of battery power, I used the cheapest asda batteries I could find and they last me about 8 weeks. Keep in mind that the unit is set off by humans, so if you have children playing in the garden, you may well find the battery life is reduced, you won't hear it go off but you will see the red light flash to indicate it is sounding. If this is a problem, try relocating the unit, or face it away from the usual playing areas etc.
For me, this unit has worked and I'm happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars cat repellent, 6 Mar. 2011
Was a bit sceptical initially with the mixed reviews,but has worked extremely well.We had a couple of cats(neighbors) causing mayhem in our garden.Within a week of setting up the repellent - no cats in the garden.Feel sorry for my neighbor though as the cats are wrecking his garden now.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Big Cheese - mega sonic cat & dog repeller, 27 Sept. 2010
I was a bit dubious as to whether this item would do what it was supposed to do and having used it for quite a few months now can honestly say that I am pleased with the results.

1.0 out of 5 stars It does not work, 4 May 2013
I contacted the supplier because the foxes were curious and sniffing around the repellant, I was told to wait a month because the foxes would find the sound irritating and leave the area. The foxes are still around and so are the new fox cubs, none of them seem to notice the sound emitted by the repellant. I feel it has been a complete waste of money. Any suggestions how I can make the pest repellant work?

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 23 Aug. 2013
We have already got one of these cat defenders but needed another one to cover another area. They really do the job. As we do not have a cat, every one else's cat seems to fight under our under our bedroom window! defenders have stopped that. We have connected them up to the power supply in the garage. Excellent product.

1.0 out of 5 stars This doesn't work, 14 Feb. 2012
I honestly don't think this works at all. In the first week I had it I put it right in front of the flower bed and at the end of the week I scooped up 21 turds left that week. i know it's supposed to take a few weeks, but honestly I don't think any of the cats were at all bothered by it. In fact - I would quite like my money back. My lodger who has exceptional hearing and can often hear things I can't hear said he couldn't hear anything, but the light would light up when the sensor went off so I just am not convinced that these things are a good way to get rid of the cats. I have just tried the Scarecrow cat and I would advise anyone with cat poo problems to go straight to that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonic cat & dog repeller that really works, 18 Dec. 2010
We have a little visitor to our garden and he/she/it leaves a lot of unwanted presents for us as well as insisting on making changes to our planting by digging things up. We like cats and have one of our own so we did not want to harm our little friend - just discourage it. When I read the reviews on this item I was a little alarmed by the tales of it "eating batteries" but I ordered it anyway and it really does work. No more visiting cards in our garden and our plants and bulbs stay where we planted them!
I suspect that the reason some people have rapid battery use is from poor sighting, as trees and shrubs waving in the wind can trigger the PIR motion sensor. The answer is to choose the site very carefully so that the unit is not triggered by anything other than the animals you are trying to discourage.
I recommend the Big Cheese Sonic Cat & Dog repeller to anyone - It really does work and without fuss.