5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for Purpose
Published on 11 April 2012 by HanaBi

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems nice quality apart from the rusted hooks!
Published 23 months ago by squiff

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for Purpose, 11 April 2012
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
Owning a motorcycle meant that I was in desperate need of some reliable bungee hooks to strap packages to the rear seat. In the past I have stupidly gone for the cheap & cheerful route, only to find on reaching home one missing package and two missing or snapped bungees! So rather than repeat those events, I opted to spend a little more and trust the opinions of others here. And now I am very pleased that I did!

I have uploaded a few photos with this review. The first thing you'll notice is that they become in a plastic jar with a screw-top lid. There's also an instruction sheet (basically warning you of not to overload the hooks otherwise they will eventually fail). There are three sets of paired bungees in yellow, green & red. They also come in different lengths: 60mm, 80mm & 100mm.

Handling the straps was encouraging because they felt well-made. The hooks were rigid, as was the bungee cable itself. They were certainly more substantial than the cheap & cheerful set I bought a few weeks ago at least!

I have used the 80mm pair for my bike, and was pleasantly surprised how they gripped the package to the seat. So much so that I didn't have to feel behind me while riding to see if it was still there!

I also used another set to hold some packing boxes in place in the boot of my car. And again they did a great job: even going round sharp bends I couldn't hear anything sliding about in the boot.

Of course I cannot say how long they will last: it could be months, could even be years, depending on the load & frequency placed upon them. But I am very happy with the final result, and heartily recommend them for everyday regular use.

5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Two each of three different sized bungees, 23 May 2010
John Meanwood (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
I work as a new car delivery driver and quite often the new cars have dark privacy glass at the rear. This means that any trade plates placed in the back window cannot be seen by police or speed cameras and would therefore be illegal. Because of this I have found that two 80cm bungees hooked together and wrapped round the tailgate of the car, allowing the plate to be on the outside of the car is ideal.

The other two sizes are 60cm and 100cm and are in different colours so you can tell them apart without stretching out each one. They come in a plastic jar with a twist top and can be left inside when not being used. For the price that are excellent value and much stronger than the thinner ones being sold for a higher price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Securing Option, 24 Oct 2010
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
These... 6 Piece Elastic securing are brilliant for what was required of them... could not be faultered...

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems nice quality apart from the rusted hooks!, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
I needed a set of variable length bungees for moving boxes of goods about easily on trollies and these seemed ideal - I liked the fact you got a mixture of lengths that were colour-coded. When I took out the bungees to check them they certainly seemed strong and well-made, but then I noticed a brown mark on my clothes... all the hooks were rusted and that rust had just deposited itself on my jeans, grrr. I assumed this was a one-off, a faulty batch, so I sent them back and Amazon sent me a replacement - the next set had exactly the same problem! It looks to me like the plastic (?) coating on the hooks is so thin that it doesn't cover the metal properly which just rusts... it's ridiculous in this day and age that something so basic isn't done to a proper standard.

If you plan to use these in a dirty environment where you don't mind indelible rust stains on your clothes and items you're securing then they might be OK to use - otherwise they are pointless and I would advise you do what I'm about to do... look elsewhere!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
No great amazing science behind these bungee cords. Mainly use these for tying onto my bike rack and the varying lengths mean I've always got the right size. The hooks at the end grip well too. I'm 100% happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 24 April 2011
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
I use these to secure all my stock and stop it moving around and falling off the racking in my van. Can't seem to find this quality at a sensible price on the high street and the supermarket ones are cheap and useless. Top marks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy selection, great quality, 4 Feb 2014
S. Burke "Steve Burke" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
I’d bought a few bungees locally on impulse and they’ve all transpired as being lousy quality. This handy selection however are well made, the end hooks are properly affixed and do the job properly. The colour coding according to length is a useful feature to help in choosing the right length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 19 Jan 2014
Ms. H. Jones (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
These bungee clips are brilliant. The recent high winds meant my bike cover kept coming loose. However, looked out the window last night and my bike was as snug as a bug securely held in place by one small one through the wheel at the front and two larger ones clipped together across the centre of the bike. Couldn't be happier well made and sturdy and a handy container to keep them in when not been used.

4.0 out of 5 stars boing boing boing, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
Seem sturdy enough - they are holding and doing their job. Reasonable quality for the price, and nice container for storing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy things to have around, 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar (DIY & Tools)
We use these to make certain our golf bags do not fall off their trolleys, particularly in up and down terrain. Works perfectly well.

Master Lock 6 Piece Bungee Jar