5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job
Long enough to for me to secure through the bike frame and wheel and a post easily. The self coil means i can fit it in my pocket. Now I have a lock, 10 minutes walks become 1 min sprint races on my bike. Good times.
Published on 10 Jun. 2011 by Ricky Jervais

1.0 out of 5 stars How to get your bike STOLEN -Buy this lock
Bike STOLEN within seconds whilst using this lock. For anyone reading this review, I strongly advice - DO NOT BUY IT, Unless off-course you have money to buy a new Bike
Published on 1 July 2012 by gko

1.0 out of 5 stars How to get your bike STOLEN -Buy this lock, 1 July 2012
This review is from: Master Lock 1800x8mm key self coiling Cable Lock Black (Sports)

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible quality lock., 29 Jun. 2012
The key made from such cheap soft metal that it snapped off in the lock 2nd use. I had to break the lock which took approximately 40 seconds of hitting it with a stone.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 10 Jun. 2011
Sadly I cannot comment on how strong it is as I have not had time to try a chainsaw on it but I would think a bike thief would be rather conspicuous if he were to go to such lengths...

2.0 out of 5 stars Thought bike would be safe....., 14 May 2013
I was very pleased with this lock when it arrived and thought it would be perfect for my brand new bike bought 5 days prior to this review. Today however, i used this lock for the first time, on my 5 day old bike, and have seen neither bike or lock since!!! Be aware, this item will very, very easily be cut off your bike with bolt cutters as i heartbreakingly found out today.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID, 3 Jan. 2013
Jason (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
HAD one of these on my bike, until a security camera recorded 2 dark figures simply breaking it off with nothing more than they're own hands. don't be a skinflint like i was with a lock. you think it will never happen to you, that no one will want to take your rusted old bike, so why bother spending anymore than a fiver? they see this lock and see an opportunity, don't give it to them. get an proper chain and tempered padlock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Jun. 2011
To cut a long story short, this is a great buy. But if you want more specific answers, read on...
The product arrived on time and I was happy with it straight away. It has a lovely weight to it, however it is light enough to carry around in your bag, on your bike etc. There are two keys and both work perfectly well, it is always reassuring and handy to have a back-up! You would be silly to think 'It's too cheap, I'll get a more expensive one that will be better.' Don't be fooled by the price, it does the job perfectly well, it is genuinely a very good price! Would recommend to anyone wanting a trusty, cheap bike lock.
ps. If my bike gets stolen I will be very embaressed, but I will write another review :)

5.0 out of 5 stars good for the job., 1 July 2011
Seems a fairly solid build. Just the right length to tie to lampost,metal railings and other structures in close proximity. It comes coiled up(as shown in the image,but not impossibly tight) so if you are thinking about stretching it alot then you may find it slightly fiddly. I can comfortably take my bike to most places without fear of it getting stolen. Being key operated it does mean another key to add to my increasing collection of keys! However, I would rather prefer a key than try to fiddle with a code-especially when fingers get a bit numb in the cooler months.

1.0 out of 5 stars its not warth even making a lock like this, 15 Nov. 2012
i did have a lock like this on a bike that i did have no one should get this lock why its a cable lock if some one wanted your bike all they need is sharp wire cutters and your bike is gone get your self a hardened chain and strong padlock i learned my lessone by somone taking my bike i had a cable lock on it and my bike was gone in day light no one looks at my bike now i have a big ass chain on it get your self a big chain if not cable lock if your bike dose not matter much to you

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy for the price!, 4 July 2013
I first bought this item three years ago and it does the job. I decided not to splash to heavily on a lock because I thought if someone is going to steal a bike and break a lock, they will do it with whatever lock is on the bike. Although this not be entirely true, I still have my bike and the lock has been brilliant.

Unfortunately, the key broke in the lock after having the lock and key for three years and the key had seemed to become very malleable and weak, which may reflect the quality and durability. However, this has not stopped me buying the lock for a second time, costing less than £5 and I have had it since the start of January and its seems that it will last for another couple of years (currently as good as new).

Therefore, if you are looking for a good bike lock for a very good price I see no reason not to buy this bike lock and even if it does break after several years, as was the case for me, its cheaper enough to buy a new one. One last comment, I had no difficult in locking the bike frame with the front wheel and the object I was locking it too, it coil was longer enough for the job, although it may struggle to reach both wheels comfortably.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very low security level, 2 Jan. 2012
J. Black "JB" (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very light product with a thin chord that can easily be cut by a small cable or chord cutter which a bike thief may easily conceal in his pocket. Consider a lock with a thicker steel chord which will take a much larger cutter and one that cannot be so easily carried to the scene of a crime (undetected) by a thief going equipped to steal.
Thanks for reading me