5.0 out of 5 stars Very worthwhile!
Slightly different to the original model that I purchased some years ago, but I find it indispensable! This new version has a slightly stiffer action when new, but an hour or two flicking it open/closed whilst watching the TV makes it very slick. I use it every day in place of a regular 'stanley knife' and can open and close it with one hand in once second or so...
Published 1 month ago by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design but with bad design flaws
Great looking, small, light weight and strong. It's an attractive little knife that could have been so much better with some minor design improvements:

Published 11 months ago by Kevin Turvey

5.0 out of 5 stars Very worthwhile!, 16 July 2014
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)

The only trouble in the 5 years with the previous one was that the blade retaining screw sheared while I was installing a new blade. (top tip: always fit good blades Irwin, Fat Max, Stanley carbide etc; they're really worth the extra). I managed to replace the screw with one from my computer and that managed to last 18 months, until I lost the knife.

I have average sized hands, but I do wonder if this might be a bit too small for somebody with large hands. Also opening and closing with one hand is probably something that you'll have to practice if you aren't naturally dexterous!

In summary, I think this is an excellent product and is substantially cheaper than it used to be! Go get yourself one :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Go for this Clam style, not the other one!, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
This has been perfect for what I need it for at work. I have a Leatherman but sometimes you just need quick access to a sharp blade and this is serving really well. Fits nice on belt and can draw it quick but safely. Had the other style one (fine edge) with the vents in it but the belt clip snapped on it after a month, this one is a lot better as the belt clip is intergrated more into the structure of the unit itself, great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lock knife - be warned, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
This knife locks into position (lock knife), so unless you have a very good reason to be carrying it in public, you may be breaking the law. I had mine confiscated by the police today.

5.0 out of 5 stars gerber eab pocket knife, 9 Nov 2012
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
a very small little knife. very well made. possibly too small for some craft uses but gets 5 stars on build quality . great as a pocket knife but buy a normal retracting stanley knife for heavy duty jobs

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10, 10 July 2014
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
Quite Simply the best utility knife I've ever owned. SO small clipped into your watch pocket and 9 times out of 10 as functional as a full size Stanley knife. All the advantages of a pocket knife without having to worry about those jobs that would permanently damage your victorinox blade. And it looks gooood! I now have two: one for me and one for my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and useful, 6 Jun 2014
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
Where I work, I am often opening boxes and cutting tape. Before, I carried a Stanley Knife around - but that was a bit cumbersome. This is so small, that I clip it inside my Watch Pocket (small front-right pocket on jeans). I manage to fit an Olight I3S Torch in there too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gives you a really sharp edge when you need it, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
How many times have you needed a really sharp edge to trim or accurately cut something ,but a Stanley knife is just something you don't want to carry around with you.This tool is not for heavy cutting but solidly made and so usefull.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy delivery, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
Very quick delivery and the best price I found. Good quality knife and you don't have to worry about sharpening the blade. Many thanks!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice design but with bad design flaws, 8 Sep 2013
Kevin Turvey (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)

1. Gerber need to get rid of the slotted screw and replace it with a thumb screw. You could then use the screw head for one hand opening. The screw on the one I bought was seated so tightly that I damaged the knife slightly with the force needed on the screwdriver to remove the screw. The screw had to be put back in very tightly to hold the blade in place. Just an eighth turn slacker on the screw and the blade moved so much as to make the knife unsafe to use.

2. I'm still searching for blades that are thick enough to fit this knife, as mentioned by another reviewer. Standard 'heavy duty' blades (0.64mm or 0.025") aren't thick enough for the screw to hold the blade in place. You need 0.86mm (0.035") thick blades apparently. Making a blade holder with a clamping mechanism to accept all blade thicknesses would eliminate this irritating feature.

With those two design improvements this would be, for me, the perfect utility knife. As it stands, the knife loses two stars for the above design problems that any product designer worth his salt would have spotted and fixed right away. As it is, Gerber have made two attempts at designing this knife and they still haven't got it right!

For a value for money alternative with a tried and tested design, the retractable Stanley utility knife can't be beaten for a couple of quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best knife i've, 19 Aug 2014
Mr. Am Lane - See all my reviews
This review is from: EAB Pocket Knife - Clam (DIY & Tools)
Use this at work, and it's solid. Best knife i've owned

EAB Pocket Knife - Clam