5.0 out of 5 stars It really does Work
I was a little sceptical about this product - something that would kill that horrible algae on the patio and continue to keep it off for six months, well wouldn't you be a bit dubious?

Published on 9 Sep 2012 by A. Roberton

1.0 out of 5 stars My patio and path are still black
I sprayed the patio and path as directed with my hand held sprayer and 10 days later there is no discernable difference. Very disappointing when all the reviews contradict this
Published 7 months ago by Elaine Ashby

5.0 out of 5 stars It really does Work, 9 Sep 2012
A. Roberton "Alan Roberton" (Hinckley, Leicestershire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Algon Organic Path and Patio Cleaner Concentrate 2.5l (Garden & Outdoors)

So seven months ago I ordered the Algon, followed the instructions and left it to dry without washing it away. Then what, then nothing. The algae disappeared and has only just started to reappear, seven months later! As we live in wet west Wales this is amazing. Normally I would powerwash the patio three times over the summer season, and it the summer is particularly wet, just like the one we have had, four times. I have not had to powerwash the patio at all since before I used the Algon, this is remarkable.

Yes the patio is ready for another clean, but do I need to powerwash again in order to get rid of the green algae that has just started to appear? I think not, which is why I have just taken delivery of my second order of Algon. I shall be spraying it on this week, but this time I KNOW it will work, thus saving me having to powerwash a fairly large patio area.

Yippee!!!

No this is not an over the top review, it really does work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like they say 'It does what it says on the tin!', 26 Nov 2010
Like other users, I found it clears algae in a week or so. I applied it in consistantly wet conditions and it still worked. Happy to buy more when I need it.

1.0 out of 5 stars My patio and path are still black, 24 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 5 Mar 2012
I have a large area of decking which,after a long cold winter,was green with algae almost all over.I dreaded having to scrub it.I bought this product and I,m delighted.I just spread it on with a soft broom and the green has gone--no hard scrubbing required! It starting working after 3 days and now a week later,all algae has gone--brilliant !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 11 May 2014
This product did not improve our slabs at all.This however may be due to them being down for some time.
But I expected some results.

2.0 out of 5 stars Path Cleaner, 27 April 2014
P. J. Gilbert - See all my reviews
Used two weeks ago according to instructions. So far there is no visible difference to terrace paving stones at all. I will give the area a further spray and hope it will have some affect but am not counting on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars still waiting to see signs!, 20 April 2014
Bought this on the strength of the reviews, but still waiting to see an improvement. Maybe I should try again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as effective as I'd hoped, 1 July 2013
I liked the idea of not using acid to clean the bricks of our new (1985) house. Hence I though that this product sounded like it could be a great alternative. Maybe it is, but not on my walls or patio. The bricks are suffering from trapped salt staining caused by being covered by too many plants for too long. This does not touch it. I folled the instructions religiously and it did nothing that i could see with the naked eye. I would say that the pressure washing i gave the bricks first had more effect (but didn't eliminate the problem). On some old patio slabs i thought i would apply a "puddle" of mixture and just leave it to see what happened. To be honest, nothing happened. Not weeks and not months after the application! So this might work on light soiling that hasn't had a chance to ingrain itself into the fabric of the brick/slab, but for me it was ineffective.

2.0 out of 5 stars It did not work, 5 Jun 2013
I followed the instructions to the letter but after a week and a half could see no difference, very disappointed, would not recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time & money., 28 May 2013
A. Ferguson "alexfan-andy" (Seattle) - See all my reviews
Utterly useless - made no impression whatsoever on my flagged patio.
Now trying non-environmentally friendly 18% acid solution - which should at least have some impact.