5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!
Unlike a previous reviewer I strongly believe in the Solgar brand, including this product.

Before purchasing I did a lot of research about Magnesium and found that the 'chelated' type is the most easily absorbed by the body, so it seemed pointless to me to buy any other type.

I have IBS-D so I started with this product slowly, taking only one tablet...
Published on 3 Jun. 2012 by Cam

2.0 out of 5 stars Dishonest
Published 2 months ago by M. J. Bolt

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!, 3 Jun. 2012
Cam (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Solgar Chelated Magnesium Tablets - 100 tablets (Personal Care)

I have IBS-D so I started with this product slowly, taking only one tablet after my evening meal every 3 days. Within a month I had upped the dose to one after my evening meal every day - this seems to be right for me, i.e. it causes no adverse stomach issues.

For me it's working - my cramping leg muscles have now ceased, plus I'm sleeping deeper and longer (these are my two main reasons for taking this). Personally I think this product is great!

Just a note of warning though, these oblong tablets are quite large - so far I've not had any problems swallowing them and I'm usually rubbish with even small tablets. Perhaps it's because these have a smooth rather than chalky surface, though I still wish they were a litte smaller as I still find the size a little off-putting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the price, 16 Mar. 2013
As pharmaceutical industry tries to ban natural vitamines and mineral supplements (as it undermines them selling their 'medication' full of side effects). It is great to have found this 100 mg Magnisum Chelate product. Chelated products are better absorbed then unchelated products. Its a shame there is not a stronger version like 200 mg or 400 mg of this product available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but large awkward tablets, 14 April 2014
Does the job nicely but the tablets are large and an awkward swallow. As they are 100g you need to swallow 4 per day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this brand regularly., 19 May 2014
I always purchase chelated minerals which help with the absorption into ones body and as a
result very little is excreted through the digestive system. It is worth paying a little more to ensure
most of the product can be utilised by ones body.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dishonest, 7 Jan. 2015
The label says 4 tablets contain 400g magnesium "as magnesium glycinate chelate, magnesium oxide". Which can only mean that it contains both magnesium glycinate and magnesium oxide, despite the slightly confusing wording. It doesn't say how much of these two very different ingredients I have paid for, under the name "Chelated Magnesium". Magnesium oxide is not chelated magnesium, is very much cheaper and is hardly absorbed in the gut at all. It's also a laxative. In other words it's pretty much useless as a nutritional supplement. I think this is dishonest marketing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 29 Dec. 2013
Great product but they are a rather large lozenge shape which could be difficult for some people to cope with if they have problems swallowing tablets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Booster, 13 Jan. 2013
S. Keyne - See all my reviews
This was for my sister who was looking a bit frail and slow, but with these and a few others, she seems much better in just a few weeks

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent., 26 Mar. 2013
As someone who takes an enormous amount of supplements ,magnesium is one of the building blocks of life,and i rate this highly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as good as the others I have taken, 31 Oct. 2014
I obtained this product because I had run out of the 'Doctors Best' variety and could not get any more at the time. Although 100mg chelated tablets, I did not feel as well on these and can really feel the difference now that I have gone back to taking my old type. I do not know the science behind this, just how I feel. I am sure they are a good product but I prefer the others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: These pills also contain Calcium (a total of ..., 15 Aug. 2014
Warning: These pills also contain Calcium (a total of 135 mg in the suggested serving size of 4 tablets) something which is not stated in the ingredients list here or appears in the picture of the label. Will not buy again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›