on 16 September 2015
My expectations for this product were pretty low. I purchased it purely to avoid damaging my sink/bin. However, this little thing has changed my espresso making experience.

It is compact but it takes around 6 double pucks and emptying it every couple of days isn't such a hardship. This also means it fits neatly on my Gaggia Classic's dip tray when not in use and saves me from an ear bashing about my growing number of coffee-related items.

I was surprised by how little force is needed to dislodge the puck. One tap is all it takes for me. The product is sturdy and does not slip on my kitchen work top.

It is a simple product made to do a simple job, and do it well.
on 8 August 2013
This is a simple product, but very well made and clearly well thought out.
Unboxing it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, it works perfectly and looks great on my counter top beside my espresso machine.
Very reasonable price for such a nice product, recommended!
on 19 January 2014
handy worktop container for tapping your coffee grinds into , (instead of banging it on the side of your sink ) well made and fits in the coffee machine
on 7 April 2016
After reading the reviews of this puck receptacle I thought I'd give it a try - keep on using a thick ceramic container which I was scared to use as a heavy knock might chip/break it.
This was a breath of fresh air, and helps keep my kitchen tidy - also stores on my machine's drip tray so out of the way when not in use. A good and solid manufacture means I feel comfortable using it, and it also stays where you put it due to the rubber grip on the bottom. The knocking rod is really solid rubber - couple of taps and all is done - no marks on it yet either.
Very easy to clean, I empty mine into the food waste bin and run it under water to wash out most of the grounds, before washing up in the sink (quick wipe is usually all that is needed).
So good that I might buy another couple as gifts for coffee-head friends.
on 12 December 2013
The grindenstein is well made, very sturdy and dishwasher safe. The plastic is hard wearing and looks great - has a slight metalic look to the dark grey plastic. Best part is just throwing it in the dishwasher to clean.
on 24 May 2013
I had been knocking my puk out into a plastic pot, but never really got a clean dispatch. I was a bit sceptical when I fist got this but it works really well. Fits neatly under the brew group,of my Gaggia Baby Class
on 15 June 2016
Solidly made product, solves the problem of getting rid of used coffee grounds and keeps you from having to bang your handle on the garbage bin. The plastic is extremely solid as is the arm on which you bang the handle - I’ve only had it for a month or so but I really don’t see how you can do any damage to it. The little rubber grips on the bottom keep it from sliding and it is a low profile so it easily fits under most home espresso machines (and looks great as well with my black DeLonghi Dedica). Dreamfarm’s packaging is very good to and you even get a small booklet with info on how to recycle used coffee grounds for your plants.
on 29 April 2015
A lovely little knock box. It does exactly as required, the box is small which is perfect for a small kitchen, I store mine on the drip tray of my gaggia classic to save space.
on 3 June 2014
No I have no connection with the makers. This device is an essential for the home coffee maker - it works, avoids mess all over the worktop and stops you shattering the edge of the waste bin when banging the grounds out. Simple, well made and well finished.

My trusty Gaggia Baby Twin died after seven years. The replacement Gaggia Classic has a slightly different internal profile to the coffee filters that seem to stop the grounds knocking out so easily. Pity. Nothing wrong with the Grindenstein product though
on 30 December 2014
This is an ideal knock box for an espresso machine owner. The very solid bar has a rubber coating allowing you to knock out the grounds without damaging your basket or filter handle. Plenty of room for dead coffee pucks before it needs emptying.

The high-quality plastic is also very easy to clean - almost like a non-stick finish - just a rinse is all that's needed and there's no staining. The whole thing can then go in the dishwasher from time to time.