5.0 out of 5 stars Your very own pet Dinosaur- Fantastic!, 13 Jan 2009
This review is from: Playskool Kota the Triceratops Dinosaur (Toy)
Kota the baby Triceratops is fantastic, he does everything "it says on the tin". We bought this for our 3 year old who is dinosaur mad and he loves it. I disagree with the previous review as my son can make Kota bounce and is also 3. I have a 5 year old who also loves Kota. The sounds amd movements are just what you want from your very own pet Dinosaur! Kota is really cute and soft to the touch. Highly recommended very lifelike. Just plain FANTASTIC!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kota for a 4 year old, 7 Feb 2009
This review is from: Playskool Kota the Triceratops Dinosaur (Toy)
My four year old son walked past this in a shop in town before christmas every friday for a month and it was all he wanted from Santa! A lot of money we thought but you are only young once so we treated him. ...We did a review or two on you tube first and thought it looked fun. Well fair doo's to Amazon, it came within 3 days of order and although it took up most of the room on christmas day, the face was a picture on the day!
I would rate this as a toy on the following...
1.) Immediate surprise 10/10 (Its big!)
2.) Cute and loveability 10/10 (Everyone goes ahhh!)
3.) Lasting appeal 5/10 (Once it has yawned, opened its eyes, eaten its leaves and yawned, it doesn't do much else!)
4.) Durability 7/10 (It will stand up to heavy use but has a cloth cover that would rip if abused, and motorised eyes, tail and head that I think would give up if forced)
5.) Value (for ages up to 5 i would say 10/10 in the first month, and 2/10 after 2 months!... but there's always ebay!)
6.) Overall: 8/10

4.0 out of 5 stars KOTA IS PRETTY GOOD FUN, 1 Jan 2009
Ms. C. L. Mason "BestBuyMUM" (GLOUCESTERSHIRE, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playskool Kota the Triceratops Dinosaur (Toy)
KOTA... WELL I JUST LOVED HIM EVEN THOUGH HE IS FOR MY SON WHO IS 3.
BUT TO BE HONEST I DONT THINK HE IS SUITABLE FOR KIDS UNTIL THEY ARE ABOUT 5 AND THIS IS PURELY BECAUSE KIDS ARE NOT HEAVY ENOUGH TO BOUNCE ON HIM TO MAKE KOTAS BACK MOVE AND THEIR LEGS ARENT LONG ENOUGH EITHER.
AS I SAID I TRUELY ADORE HIM AND HIS NOISES AND MOVEMENT ARE FANTASTIC.
BUT THINK WISELY BEFORE YOU SPLASH THE CASH.... IT SAYS MIN AGE 24MONTHS I THINK IT SHOULD BE AT LEAST 48 MONTHS TO BE ABLE TO GET FULL POTENTIAL FROM THIS CUTE DINO

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 3 Jan 2010
This review is from: Playskool Kota the Triceratops Dinosaur (Toy)
This toy is brilliant, its a week and a bit after christmas and its still as much of a hit as it was on christmas day!

5.0 out of 5 stars kota triceratops dinosaur, 3 April 2009
This review is from: Playskool Kota the Triceratops Dinosaur (Toy)
kota was bought for our grandsons 3rd birthday and he's fantastic, our grandson opened it he screamed with excitment,its kota,its kota.How amazed was i when its eyes opened and out came this cute little roar.Kota has been with us now for a week and the batteries are still working great,as it goes to sleep 60/90sec of not been touched.the sound/music are really good quality to.Everybody who has been to our house children and adults have had to stroke,pat and even feed him.This toy to us was worth the price paid as we know our grandson will play for hours and hours with him. IN THE WORDS OF OUR GRANDSON"KOTA YOUR MY BEST FRIEND".hope you have as much fun as we have had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Henry's Favourite Ever Toy, 29 Mar 2009
Playskool Kota the Triceratops Dinosaur

My son who is only 14 months old absolutely adores this toy. I know it says over 2's but he really loves it, and to be honest it would have been my dream as a child!

Anyway my son obviously cannot make Kota bounce without help but he can feed Kota the leaf, strokes him, makes his horns make the musical note and generally gets a lot of enjoyment out of him.

Overall I would say an excellent toy, while over 2's might get it's full potential I would argue that over 1's can still get a lot of fun from it and will be able to use it for a lot longer, plus it's actually really good fun for adults too (especially if you don't have a pet!)