4.0 out of 5 stars It's Huge!
I bought this expecting it to be on the big size as it was meant ot fit up to a 1500 piece puzzle.
After reading reviews and seeing that others had said a 1500 only just fitted I thought it was ideal for the 1000 piece jigsaws I was doing.
Published 16 months ago by GalaxyS

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a toy.
I was really disappointed with this Portapuzzle . It is supposed to take a 1500 piece jigsaw but I have just done one on it and it was a really tight fit , with edging pieces 'riding' up and coming undone. While the velcro fastening was really hard to open , I get the feeling that with continued use it will become weaker and weaker.
Although there are 2 extra boards...
Published on 5 Jan 2012 by S. Page

4.0 out of 5 stars It's Huge!, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle Standard 1500 Pieces (Jigsaw Puzzle Accessory) (Toy)
It is HUGE!! ... You can't sit in a chair watching tv and putting the jigsaw together as the sides are too floppy. You really do need a table to still lean on to support it. It isn't totally flat inside either but it does grip the pieces, unless you try storing it totally upright at 90 degrees against a wall, then they do tend to slide, give it a light angle to lean and it's fine.
Mine lies under the sofa, much easier to get to and put away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puzzle Mates Portapuzzle, 6 Mar 2013
Very good value for money. Well made and easy to use with extra pieces for keeping jigsaw pieces on which is very handy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jigsaw carrier., 10 Sep 2013
C. Peace (Leeds) - See all my reviews
I wanted the bigger one as I was bought a 1500 jigsaw trhat just wouldnt fit on my coffee table. I was really surprised with this as it opened out really well and inside there was 2 seperate piece holders. Fabulous for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seek and you will find!!!, 8 May 2010
Have been looking for an item such as this for many weeks,must say it is of excellent quality and should give me many hours of brainwork doing large jigsaws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Oct 2013
G. Taylor (Epsom UK) - See all my reviews
Good quality board, certainly large enough for a 1500 piece jigsaw. Well made and very handy to carry your jigsaw about in.

4.0 out of 5 stars 1500 piece Portapuzzle, 18 April 2013
S. Day (England) - See all my reviews
This is great for those larger jigsaws that do not fit on a standard 1000 piece board. 1500 piece jigsaws fit easily, as long as they are rectangular in shape. Sadly, my 1500 circular puzzle doesn't fit. The pieces stay in place when the board is closed, even when stored vertically. The velcro is hard to undo so you have to be very careful when opening the board otherwise your jigsaw pieces can go flying!

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a toy., 5 Jan 2012
S. Page (Hampshire , England) - See all my reviews
Although there are 2 extra boards to enable you to make up small areas of jigsaw . once the Portapuzzle is closed and moved to a storage area , the pieces all moved around and in some cases fell off the boards when the Portapuzzle was next opened (on a flat surface).
I already have the 1000 piece zip up Portapuzzle , which has ample room for for any 1000 piece jigsaw, plus 2 smaller boards again for making up smaller areas of jigsaw,so was really looking forward to using the larger one.

1.0 out of 5 stars very poor, goods not as described, 26 Sep 2012
I wish I had taken notice of some poor reviews on this item. It is very poorly made, the board is not very stiff, once opened out the sides are flimsy and fall to one side therefore I was unable to put any of the unused pieces on as they fell off as did the detachable side panels to use for this purpose ie placing unused pieces on whilst compiling puzzle. The cloth material inside is so loose not taught hence any jigsaw pieces you try to marry up do not fit together correctly. The material also has a big crease down the middle(to bend the board for portability)again non of my pieces would stay together when trying to build my jigsaw, they would not lay flat at all. Do not even bother trying to use this to convey your incomplete jigsaw from one location to another as pieces never stay as one,when I opened the board out again the pieces were all over the board so I had to refit a lot of them before I could carry on. I chose the 1500 piece board, unless you have a large rectangular table you will not be able to rest this anywhere other than the floor. I am seriously considering looking for a new board even though I only bought this 2 weeks ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 11 April 2013
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
Really pleased with my puzzle board. Incredible value for money. Does exactly what its needed for. Extra boards are really handy for keeping sorted pieces separate. Very happy customer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 15 Nov 2014
S. Broadbent "cyberspaceexpress" (Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a decent, good size puzzle board.
We only do a maximum of 1,000 piece jigsaws but I opted for this 1,500 piece board because
Amazon reviewers said that the 1,000 piece boards often weren't big enough to accommodate all makes of 1,000 piece puzzles.
This board is huge and a little difficult to get comfortable with because of its size. It will easily take any 1,000 piece jigsaw with room to spare but is awkward when trying to use it in a tight space or on your lap.
It is well made and has 2 detachable panels to hold the pieces not in position. It folds up neatly and can be slid into a thin space to hide it away.
I am pleased with this board, the size is to be accepted because we could always do smaller puzzles.
The pieces stick well to the velvet like surface.
For a regular puzzler I can thoroughly recommend the Portapuzzle 1500.