Price:£15.27+ Free shipping

on 4 August 2010
This headset doesnot suit everyone. It hurts my ears after wearing it for just 10 mins. I have a small head and this doesn't have an adjustment to vary the size round your head. I don't like it. It is worth spending few extra pence and getting a headset that can be adjusted as per your requirement. Sound quality is suprisingly very good, and mike works well. Mike is not very flexible to bend it near to the mouth. Mind you, this headset doesnt have USB connectivity, it is analog. Delivery is excellent, comes with a black pouch that can fit this completely foldable headset, an instruction booklet (though its justplug and play). Wirelength is very long, headset is light weight, portable as its foldable which is good and 2 stars for that. Overall, not a good go.
VINE VOICEon 10 September 2010
I bought a pair of these headsets so that I could utilise video and voice calls on my new PC for the first time.
Beinging a little unsure as to how successful the 'experiment' might be, I didn't want to invest considerably more money in a pair of 'high-end' headsets, and buying a pair of Microsoft branded headsets seemed like a safe and sensible option.

They are very simple to use, with a 3.5mmm socket for the headphone (speaker / 'out') feed and another for the microphone ('in'). The position of the mic' can also be easily adjusted, as it's attached to the headset with a sort of stiff, yet flexible, plastic boom.

Sound quality is spot-on, for the money, as is the sensitivity and clarity (from what I can tell); but as has been mentioned, the behind the head 'wrap' design, with the around the ear 'loops' for fitment aren't the most comfortable.

I find that anything more than five to ten minutes can become very uncomfortable, with either the 'loops' dragging down on the upper part of my ears, or the actually, foam covered, speaker parts pressing against my ears. It's far from ideal, when you just want to relax and engage fully in the conversation.

I can see my headset being pensioned off in the very near future, as I look for a better alternative. the investment my give me peace of mind (and my ears won't nip quite so much).
on 27 January 2014
This is a cheap product. There are many reviews comparing it to top-of-the-range headsets, and of course, that's not helpful at all. I aim to give you a realistic and helpful (and short, if I can) review.

- Pro - It's decently priced.
- Pro - It's comfortable, and won't mess up your glorious hair due to its round-the-back design.
- Pro - It works well, and does what it was made to do (I say why buy something higher quality when this works fine?)

- Con - They don't last too long (I've gone through many of them in my time, but the main reasons they break are due to me tripping over the wire or something... just treat it like it's made of glass and it'll be fine.)
- Con - It can start to hurt after a while (but I do mean a while - if they're on your ears all day then you'll start to feel them biting. Otherwise, they're very comfortable.)
- Con - The clip on the sound scroll thingy breaks a bit too easily for my liking (but you have to snag the wire for this to happen. Again - treat it like it's made off glass.)

Overall: It's a great headset, and the only flaws with it can be overlooked due to its price. If you can't be bothered buying the same thing for five-times the price, just invest in one of these. Cheap and cheerful, no?

Note: Depending on the shape of your ears, it may not hurt as much as people say it does in the other reviews, and if it does, just scrunch up a bit of tissue and cushion it a bit. Come on, people, improvise.
on 14 May 2012
I have had a set of Logitech behind-the-headphones previously and have really enjoyed using them but sadly they finally gave up after to much abuse. I decided to give these a try as the Logitech ones I had previously are no longer available. I have found them extremely uncomfortable and even painful to use.

You have 2 options when wearing them 1. Place the ear pads on top of your ear where they will slowly slip down your head or 2. slip the top of your ear between the ear pad and the frame where your ear will be crushed which gets very painful really quickly.

Also with the Inline Volume Control it is extremely easy to catch it between your body and the desk, or a chair or even your arm. At which point you will suddenly loose all sound or be deafened because you have just knocked the slider.

To add to this the microphone boom is to long and will not go down far enough so I can't move it out of the way of my mouth and nose so everyone who I am talking to can hear me breathing or not hear me at all.

Save yourself the hassle, don't bother getting it.
on 29 April 2014
First "proper" headphone set I've ever had, bought on impulse - originally bought in the supermarket. Other pair recently died on me (after 4 years of abusive use), so I decided to go for the same ones again, after trying some other ones beforehand.
Once again, I'm happy with the purchase. Firstly, the price (important factor for me, as a student), then the clarity of sound (hard to achieve in this price range, from my experience), and lastly, the comfort of wearing - this is personal preference, but I could never get used to the rubber/leather headphones, so the design on those ones is a spot-on for me.

4 stars only, because it takes some time getting used to them - about 2-3 days before they fit comfortably on the head without slipping or biting, but once they're set, they feel like part of one's head. As for biting, it does occur in early stages of usage - but after VERY prolonged use (several hours straight) and isn't too serious.

All in all, I'd recommend them highly. As for me, I'm just glad to be working with them once again.
on 21 November 2012
I was surprised to see so many complaints about comfort. I have tried the LX-3000 which is much more uncomfortable (it presses against the whole ear, your head feels "blocked up" while wearing it), the sound quality is lower and it needs to run a seperate program to function at all. This headset suffers from none of these drawbacks. The sound quality is superb. For the price alone, that makes it a compelling purchase. It's also very light-weight. It won't hurt your ears after 15 minutes like most others, I can and do wear it for much of my waking day. The cable is long which is great for a variety of reasons. I enjoyed using this headset so much that when I broke my last one (crushed under my desk chair!) I immediately ordered another LX-2000. Think that says it all, really.
on 27 September 2013
Although there is nothing really wrong with this budget microsoft head set (it works after all and is cheap), it is hard to recommend as it is both uncomfortable and not the easiest to wear. It is portable and would probably do as a on the go head set or as a back up emergency pair.

I have to say though that I would most likely recommend a more robust pair as a long term investment. I have a Plantronics 86050-05 Gamecom 380 Gaming Headset that while still budget, seems to have a fabulous microphone and is both comfortable and good enough quality.

Overall meh.
on 9 April 2014
Pretty good quality but it's design is flawed. It can fit comfortably for a while but used at length becomes uncomfortable and painful on your ears. It is designed to fold up but is extremely stiff and very annoying to get back in it's tiny sleeve.

Overall I do not recommend buying this product.
on 20 September 2013
I was very disappointed when I received this product. The arms do not extend whatsoever so are thus only really suitable for children.

Having said that the product arrived promptly - so have raised my rating to 2 stars, because I couldn't fault the service.
on 13 October 2013
Gave this 5 stars because it does exactly what it was supposed to do and is comfortble to wear. Product arrived on time and undamaged. The added bonus with this product is that it came with a carry case which is very good if you carry this product around with you.