5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product
Gave this 5 stars because it does exactly what it was supposed to do and is comfortble to wear. Product arrived on time and undamaged. The added bonus with this product is that it came with a carry case which is very good if you carry this product around with you.
Published 6 months ago by j

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable though sound quality is good
Published on 4 Aug 2010 by K. Amirineni

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable though sound quality is good, 4 Aug 2010
K. Amirineni "Hope" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
This headset doesnot suit everyone. It hurts my ears after wearing it for just 10 mins. I have a small head and this doesn't have an adjustment to vary the size round your head. I don't like it. It is worth spending few extra pence and getting a headset that can be adjusted as per your requirement. Sound quality is suprisingly very good, and mike works well. Mike is not very flexible to bend it near to the mouth. Mind you, this headset doesnt have USB connectivity, it is analog. Delivery is excellent, comes with a black pouch that can fit this completely foldable headset, an instruction booklet (though its justplug and play). Wirelength is very long, headset is light weight, portable as its foldable which is good and 2 stars for that. Overall, not a good go.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, 10 Sep 2010
G. Ward "Sotto Voce" (You are here ->) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
I bought a pair of these headsets so that I could utilise video and voice calls on my new PC for the first time.
Beinging a little unsure as to how successful the 'experiment' might be, I didn't want to invest considerably more money in a pair of 'high-end' headsets, and buying a pair of Microsoft branded headsets seemed like a safe and sensible option.

They are very simple to use, with a 3.5mmm socket for the headphone (speaker / 'out') feed and another for the microphone ('in'). The position of the mic' can also be easily adjusted, as it's attached to the headset with a sort of stiff, yet flexible, plastic boom.

Sound quality is spot-on, for the money, as is the sensitivity and clarity (from what I can tell); but as has been mentioned, the behind the head 'wrap' design, with the around the ear 'loops' for fitment aren't the most comfortable.

I find that anything more than five to ten minutes can become very uncomfortable, with either the 'loops' dragging down on the upper part of my ears, or the actually, foam covered, speaker parts pressing against my ears. It's far from ideal, when you just want to relax and engage fully in the conversation.

I can see my headset being pensioned off in the very near future, as I look for a better alternative. the investment my give me peace of mind (and my ears won't nip quite so much).

2.0 out of 5 stars Not awful buy there is much better out there., 9 April 2014
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
Pretty good quality but it's design is flawed. It can fit comfortably for a while but used at length becomes uncomfortable and painful on your ears. It is designed to fold up but is extremely stiff and very annoying to get back in it's tiny sleeve.

Overall I do not recommend buying this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works well for me, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
Long lead, comfortable fit , easy volume control and sounds good. I would recommend it for anyone not comfortable with the overhead models

4.0 out of 5 stars Let's be realistic, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
This is a cheap product. There are many reviews comparing it to top-of-the-range headsets, and of course, that's not helpful at all. I aim to give you a realistic and helpful (and short, if I can) review.

- Pro - It's decently priced.
- Pro - It's comfortable, and won't mess up your glorious hair due to its round-the-back design.
- Pro - It works well, and does what it was made to do (I say why buy something higher quality when this works fine?)

- Con - They don't last too long (I've gone through many of them in my time, but the main reasons they break are due to me tripping over the wire or something... just treat it like it's made of glass and it'll be fine.)
- Con - It can start to hurt after a while (but I do mean a while - if they're on your ears all day then you'll start to feel them biting. Otherwise, they're very comfortable.)
- Con - The clip on the sound scroll thingy breaks a bit too easily for my liking (but you have to snag the wire for this to happen. Again - treat it like it's made off glass.)

Overall: It's a great headset, and the only flaws with it can be overlooked due to its price. If you can't be bothered buying the same thing for five-times the price, just invest in one of these. Cheap and cheerful, no?

Note: Depending on the shape of your ears, it may not hurt as much as people say it does in the other reviews, and if it does, just scrunch up a bit of tissue and cushion it a bit. Come on, people, improvise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 13 Oct 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable and difficult to put on., 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
Although there is nothing really wrong with this budget microsoft head set (it works after all and is cheap), it is hard to recommend as it is both uncomfortable and not the easiest to wear. It is portable and would probably do as a on the go head set or as a back up emergency pair.

I have to say though that I would most likely recommend a more robust pair as a long term investment. I have a Plantronics 86050-05 Gamecom 380 Gaming Headset that while still budget, seems to have a fabulous microphone and is both comfortable and good enough quality.

Overall meh.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 20 Sep 2013
shortie17 (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
I was very disappointed when I received this product. The arms do not extend whatsoever so are thus only really suitable for children.

Having said that the product arrived promptly - so have raised my rating to 2 stars, because I couldn't fault the service.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice piece of kit!, 23 April 2013
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
Great bargain. They are very comfortable once you work out which way they go and even come with a carrycase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Good, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Microsoft LifeChat LX-2000 (Electronics)
Great value for the money Quality good i would recommend them to a friend
the only down side is they keep slipping off my head !

ARRAY(0xb514396c)