5.0 out of 5 stars Great for backpacking, 5 Feb 2009
F. Karran - See all my reviews
This set of bags is ideal for anyone going backpacking; I thought that the material they are made of would make them quite bulky but they're very lightweight.
The sizes are also great - I didn't know whether extra small would be useless but it comfortably fits my purse, phone, document wallet, torch and first aid kit. The others are good for sleeping bag and clothes.
Absolute bargain!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bags, 22 Jun 2009
This product was excellent much more sturdy than expected, have taken camping / hiking and found very useful.They actually work a bit like compression bags.Even the small one isn't to small to be usefull for batteries / lighters and valuables.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 24 Aug 2009
Flaco "flacolito" (Maidstone, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Exped Fold Dry 4 Pack Drybag (Luggage)
I use these when kayaking. On the pack it states that they are waterproof but cannot be submersed(?) Either way, water stays out completely and that's the main purpose.

By closing them in a specific way, I can get them to retain quite a bit of air. This makes them super-buoyant; in the medium (8 ltr) bag I had a full flask, ice pack, food, 1/2 ltr bottle of water. I placed it on the water and it floated very high up on the surface, hardly sunk at all, and because of the shape of the bag, the 'open' end is always up and out of the water completely.

If you seal them in a different way, it must be easy to get the air out before closing so that you can get everything nice and compact for putting into a ruck sack. They will keep everything bone dry.

The only reason I don't give them 5 stars is because I'm not sure if they are tough enough to stand up to long term use. They are very light and thin. Time will tell.

UPDATE 25 Apr 2011: They don't get a huge amount of use, but they seem to be holding up very well in terms of seams maintaining integrity, so they still keep things bone dry. Their [very] lightweight materials and construction make them a real joy to have and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Oct 2009
These bags are fantastic. The colours are great and bright! The material is lightweight, strong and soft.

When packing in a rucksack these bags allow you to pack into seperated waterproof segments. You can remove excess air from your things through compresion and allow these bags to take the strain -rather than put strain of your ruck sack stitching.

Pack these bags full of what you want and then compress them so the exess air gets force out - twist the flat top strap 3 times clip it and its sealed and compressed!

Bags have a strap on bottom for suspension or tying together etc. Bags smell good (not rubbery) and keep washing dry and smelling nice.

Great for seperating things and very good at airport when quickly balancing weight between two rucksacks so that neither is overweight on a checkin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Survived the Commando course..., 29 Sep 2010
This review is from: Exped Fold Dry 4 Pack Drybag (Luggage)
These bags survived extreme conditions and howling winds for 10 days; plus being submerged in water for ten minutes. Not much more you can ask for from a waterproof bag... I would suggest you always double-bag though... Just in case you tear one!

A must for all those in the military or those who work outdoors...

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential gear for backpacking/camping, 30 Mar 2010
J. Roberts (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I've just come to the end of a four month trip through Asia and I took three of the four bags that complete this pack along with me. I have found them invaluable for keeping items in my pack sorted, separated and dry. I used one for dirty laundry; and as it's easy to expel all the air from the bag you really can fit in a lot of clothes into the 2nd smallest yellow one. The smallest orange bag I used for keeping smaller items in one place and the red bag was used occasionally when I needed to keep items dry ahead of a boat trip where there was always the chance my pack could land in the water.

All of the three bags I've had with me have held up very well with no sign of damage. They occasionally get dirty but are easily washed. As they take up so little space when empty I will be carrying these great little sacs with me whenever I travel or go camping. Couldn't recommend more...

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry bag set perfect gift, 20 Dec 2010
This set of four bags are both easy to use and useful in size. We've used a small one for years for mobile phones and keys and the bags really do keep the contents dry. The bags are very easy to seal and re-open, are durable and the sizes are handy for walking, camping, sailing and kayaking. The bright colours make it easy to sort your stuff and find it again. You'll never go without a dry pair of pants again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buyer, 24 April 2012
Product as described & has survived weeks of hard use by my 11 yr old son whilst sailing, kayaking & camping. Delivery prompt & arrived before expected. Overall great product & good service

5.0 out of 5 stars No looking back, 8 Feb 2012
I bought these about a year ago and I can't imagine life without them. I used extensively camping / hiking in Scotland during 2011 and I never had any issues segregating wet and dry kit. Using compression, reducing pack size and colour coding are also fantastic features. The blue bag is a great size to take to the pool / beach.