on 2 December 2009
I should have known better, it seemed too good to be true and it was. This battery will not charge in the Nikon charger that came with my D40. It must have had some charge when I first got it, because it seemed to work in the camera when I tested it. Of course, when I actually needed to use it it was dead and it won't recharge and it's too late to send it back. Massive fail.

If you've got yourself a D40, then my advice is don't bother getting another battery. I've found that you should be able to take over 1000 pictures on one charge, and I've never been in a situation where I needed more than this between charges.
on 21 September 2008
This is not a Nikon-produced battery, but other than the much cheaper price, its has been indistinguishable from the original battery. It has retained its charge when not in use and done a perfectly good job of powering my D60 camera when in use through 100s of shots, many with the flash. Keeping one of these as a stand-by is good but cheap way of ensuring a flat battery does not ruin your day's shooting.
on 27 November 2008
I took a while to make up my mind on this item simply because, as a rule, I tend to go along with the "Original is best" view.
Well ---- I can honestly say that I was wrong this time. This battery is so good I bought two! Seems to work as well as my Nikon batteries. They may not last as long, only time will tell, but as a back up battery this is a wonderful buy. So far they match Nikon in every way. Recommended.
on 10 October 2009
I bought this wanting to have a spare battery for my Nikon D60. I have been using it for a few months now and haven't had any problems. It seems to last just as long during usage as my original battery (no scientific testing, just instinct). One thing I have noticed is that the battery doesn't seem to keep it's charge as long when not in use but at a quarter of the price of an authentic Nikon battery you can't complain and it's a small point. At the price buy a couple and you'll always have power.
on 17 October 2009
had this for 2 months as a backup for my HND photography trips - used it a total of 7/8 times and then it died - completely, the truth is the original NIKON battery hardly ever ran out of charge so i consider this a waste of money.
on 11 May 2009
Had the product for around 3 months in which time it was only used a handful of times. After 3 months the battery has failed completely, no longer accepts a charge at all. I suggest potential buyers think twice and only go for the genuine Nikon version.
on 21 February 2011
As one generally expects, you get what you pay for. A replacement branded Nikon battery can cost you upwards of £40, and anyone who is going away for an important event always wants that extra photograph that your battery may not want you to get. This battery fits a Nikon D5000 and presumably therefore any other camera that requires this battery. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, but unlike the true branded batteries, it doesn't give you as long. Possibly the major problem with this battery though is it's discharge rate. Out of the camera, this battery I have found is discharged in under a week so it's really a desperate use item, but has saved my neck in the past.

Not to say don't buy. If you're worried about your battery not lasting for the entire wedding/party/safari/weekend, it's useful to have this as an extra to cover you for some more shots, but it will not last nearly as long as the genuine thing.
on 9 January 2012
I purchased this in May 2009 as a back-up battery for my Nikon D40. It has served that purpose well, although I have never counted the number of shots per charge for either this or the Nikon battery supplied with the camera. Over the last year it has been increasingly difficult to remove from the camera and finally (January 2012) has swollen so much that I had to prise it out of the battery compartment. So, it's bin and replace time. For an outlay of less than a third of the price of a Nikon battery I've had 30 months use which seems not bad to me. Be alert to the problem of swelling so that if it occurs in the warranty period you can get a replacement.
on 8 April 2011
Like the other reviewers have said this battery is too good to be true. I had it for just a couple of months, started off OK, then would quickly lose charge. After a few weeks when I hadn't used my camera, I went to take it out but it had developed a bulge, and wouldn't come out. I had to very carefully "dig" it out of my D60, thankfully with no serious damage.

Waste of money and it almost cost me my camera - in future I will only by genuine Nikon products.
on 10 April 2010
Not a genuine Nikon battery but seems to work perfectly well and it's less expensive than the genuine article. Very good.