5.0 out of 5 stars Works well

Published on 2 Dec. 2009 by C. Robson

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, 2 Dec. 2009
C. Robson "Flat Dog" (Salisbury, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
I should have known better, it seemed too good to be true and it was. This battery will not charge in the Nikon charger that came with my D40. It must have had some charge when I first got it, because it seemed to work in the camera when I tested it. Of course, when I actually needed to use it it was dead and it won't recharge and it's too late to send it back. Massive fail.

If you've got yourself a D40, then my advice is don't bother getting another battery. I've found that you should be able to take over 1000 pictures on one charge, and I've never been in a situation where I needed more than this between charges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 21 Sept. 2008
David Bradshaw "hassleddad" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
This is not a Nikon-produced battery, but other than the much cheaper price, its has been indistinguishable from the original battery. It has retained its charge when not in use and done a perfectly good job of powering my D60 camera when in use through 100s of shots, many with the flash. Keeping one of these as a stand-by is good but cheap way of ensuring a flat battery does not ruin your day's shooting.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was rather "Iffy" about this., 27 Nov. 2008
P. J. Long (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
I took a while to make up my mind on this item simply because, as a rule, I tend to go along with the "Original is best" view.
Well ---- I can honestly say that I was wrong this time. This battery is so good I bought two! Seems to work as well as my Nikon batteries. They may not last as long, only time will tell, but as a back up battery this is a wonderful buy. So far they match Nikon in every way. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap replacement for original battery, 10 Oct. 2009
M. Loebell (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
I bought this wanting to have a spare battery for my Nikon D60. I have been using it for a few months now and haven't had any problems. It seems to last just as long during usage as my original battery (no scientific testing, just instinct). One thing I have noticed is that the battery doesn't seem to keep it's charge as long when not in use but at a quarter of the price of an authentic Nikon battery you can't complain and it's a small point. At the price buy a couple and you'll always have power.

1.0 out of 5 stars lasts a few months tops, 17 Oct. 2009
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
had this for 2 months as a backup for my HND photography trips - used it a total of 7/8 times and then it died - completely, the truth is the original NIKON battery hardly ever ran out of charge so i consider this a waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frankly rubbish - avoid, 11 May 2009
Mr. Js Card "JC" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
Had the product for around 3 months in which time it was only used a handful of times. After 3 months the battery has failed completely, no longer accepts a charge at all. I suggest potential buyers think twice and only go for the genuine Nikon version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon spare battery, 10 April 2010
Ian A. Robinson (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
Not a genuine Nikon battery but seems to work perfectly well and it's less expensive than the genuine article. Very good.

1.0 out of 5 stars best avoid!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 31 Dec. 2009
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
bought this earlier this year - used it 6 times. Started off well, as good as the Nikon, but then completely failed. Don't bother with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, 28 April 2014
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
Got 2 of these for my camera and they dont last as long as the original but still as good. One of them went back but it was left in the camera for a couple of month and was hard to get out. Other one is working fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars xsource vertical battery grip & battery for Nikon D40, 25 April 2014
This review is from: ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60 (Electronics)
I am yet to test the battery grip ,but battery was superb value for the cost.I used the battery today 7 was very pleased with the photos taken.

ENEL9 EN-EL9 Battery for Nikon D40 D60