on 15 April 2008
I was only lucky enough to watch a couple of the games on TV so have been itching to buy this DVD and it is brilliant! With extended highlights of all the games and especially the last game against France in full i lived through all the emotions as though i was actually at the games!! Not sure about the last reviewer saying it should have all the full games, with 4 hours of footage this DVD is the perfect length to let you re-live the great action of THE GREATEST RUGBY TEAM ON THE PLANET!!

A must have for any Welsh rugby fan!!!
on 14 April 2008
Bought this for my father who was at Cardiff for the France game. He's just sat through the whole game again (second disc in this double set). Last time he looked this happy was after the game itself. Great to get this historic game in full as well as the main review on disc 1. The main review is really well put together with extended highlights of all the Welsh games, along with interviews & reviews of each performance. We have the 2005 review which is also great, but after watching this tournament again it makes you realise how much better this victory was. A must have for every proud Welshman & genuine Rugby fans
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 February 2012
I've had this on my Wish List for at least a year and the price steadily dropped to £6 so along with a flush of pride for their current 6 Nations form (2 matches and two wins) I ordered this two disc edition and it came 2 days later.

It's a well produced DVD with some emotive nationalistic narrative up front, but when you're Welsh, that's all good - don't watch those parts with your English wife though!

The first match is at Twickenham - the narrator disappearing early and leaves it to the expert commentary throughout the extended highlights. The score at England 16 and Wales 3 and the Grand Slam of 2005 never seemed further away.

On-screen graphics are just the score whereas I'd like to have seen the time as well so as to be clear of where we were in the phases of the match.

It's a pleasure that it focuses on the sport rather than rhetoric but the narration adds significantly to reminding you of the state of Welsh rugby at the time and what a remarkable turnaround this Grand Slam was.

The bonus disc is the final game in full - Wales v France, a joy to be able to live through it again!

The sound and picture quality are fine - nowhere near as sharp as BBC HD, but once you get over that it's not a distraction

Overall this is a great package and at £6 why wouldn't you add it to your collection?
on 27 February 2012
I am not a Welshman but never the less this is riveting viewing. The rugby is splendid and the sense of involvement is intense. One cannot help but admire the attitude of the Welsh rugby team, with their grit and determination. Clearly they deserve their success and this DVD illustrates the pressures and joy of such a campaign.
on 30 May 2014
I bought these as a Christmas gift for my gramp I couldnt find this in the shops so when I seen it on here I had to buy it and I'm so glad i did my gramp face said it all he was so pleased him being a massive rugby fan item come perfect condition and very fast delivery
on 24 April 2008
I pre-ordered this item because I was so tense watching the live matches that I didn't really enjoy the actual rugby. Although the dvd does what is says on the box I would have liked to have had some more interviews included. Welsh rugby is not just a game, it is a cultural festival that unites entire communities and I would have liked some of that energy to have been reflected in the dvd. This is still a good dvd though and it was definitely more fun watching knowing that we won!! It's good value for money, and oh, did I mention WE WON!!!!!
on 27 June 2009
a great dvd showing wales progress to a grand slam ,i enjoyed the action from start to finish, i thought it was well presented and well worth the purchase.
on 12 July 2013
Haven't watched this DVD as a present for somebody, I hope that they enjoy this DVD. Delivery and packaging excellent as ever
VINE VOICEon 19 June 2009
Bought this for my husband when we won the Grand Slam after so many years an excellent DVD for any welsh rugby enthusiast
on 11 January 2010
Bought for elderly Welsh uncle, who doesn't get out much. He loves to watch it time and again.