on 11 August 2008
Nice bit of kit. Little pricey (purchased from Amazon for ~£32.50), considering (I think) Wilkinson sword now include a trimmer on some of their better razors.

The trimmer element is particularly good, especially as it goes down to 1mm, which very few of the other trimmers appear to go down to.
The shaving head works well, but only on very short hair ... otherwise it will struggle a little - but then I guess that's the intention?

The charging light only really indicates that mains power is attached, and doesn't change colour when fully charged (which would be useful). There is no form of charge indicator either, which is a shame.

Otherwise, a good product. Relatively light and well shaped/comfortable to use. Recommended.

In case anyone was wondering, a small bottle of lubricating oil for the blades is included too.
on 9 December 2009
One person here commented that this wasn't any better than anything else on the market, Well, sorry, but I disagree completely. I have been through 4 (yes, 4!) Babyliss iTrim Stubble shavers and they are awful. I have very closely shaved stubble, which is what this unit is best at I think - I use it on setting '1' which gets closer than the aforementioned competitive product and produces a much tidier 'cleaner' result. Take it round the ears to trim straggly hairs while you're at it.

Amazing battery life between charges (it just goes on and on, so you don't need the charger if you're away for 2 or 3 days), nice smooth powerful motor, and the slim design means it's easy to hold as you move around your face. Simple to clean, and you can rinse it under the tap!. This is also the only trimmer for stubble I've found with a carrying bag! (Simple thing, but convenient). I also very much disagree with the comment about cutting your face. I managed to do that several times with the iTrim but not once with the Remington.

If you're a short stubble man, buy this. If you want a shaver or a beard trimmer - in my opinion this is not for you. If you force me to find a negative then OK - it has no battery charge level indicator, but with the length of use between charges that it offers - who cares - it's not critical.
on 10 April 2009
Does exactly what is advertised and well.
The shaving attachments feel cheaply built but they do their job.
The unit comes with a standard uk power plug and not one of the shaving plugs which is excellent for me.
Overall I am very pleased with this product and cant believe it took me this long to get one.
No nicks or cuts, its very forgiving at all angles and creates the look that I want. Reccomended.
on 4 August 2010
I like my stubble about 2-3 mm which is a length this trimmer is rubbish at trimming. The guard, sorry "specialised comb", simply pushes the blades out and away from it at a 45 degree angle, so changing the tilt of the trimmer shortens the cutting length. It's hard to explain, but I'll save you wasting your money by saying don't bother trying it yourself.

Oh, the charging time's good and it's good without the guard, so half a star for each of those.
on 23 August 2010
I set the first shave to a medium to see what it was like. It was at this point that I found out that you really have to hold it at the right angle or you will expose the trimmer blade directly to your face and it will shave off whatever it comes across. So I gave myself a wet shave and thought I'd try again once the beard grew back.
Second time I was very careful to ensure that the grade fixing stayed flush to my face but this isn't so easy around the jawline and mouth area and was further compounded by the fixing popping off now and then due the poor design of the product. The result? Another wet shave.
Given that Remington specialise in hair removal equipment this product is dire. It was impossible for this to happen on my old trimmer and the new one I got from Babylis is unable to mess things up either - even better given that it really shaves close!
on 31 December 2009
I bought the shaver as it advertises itself as being able to trim stubble to between 1mm - 5mm. This is misleading it can actually only do 1mm OR 5mm.

Firstly the comb/guard attachment is very flimsy and doesn't attach easily to the trimmer, it took me about 20 goes, and feels like it will break very easily.

Then once you do actually manage to attach the comb/guard, it is absolutely pointless unless you have it on setting 4mm or 5mm. If on setting 1mm or 2mm it is so far away from the trimmer blade it has no use.

You therefore have to use the shaver without the comb/guard and are stuck with one setting (1mm), this isn't pleasant and is quite sharp - i managed to cut myself when shaving my neck.

This product is very expensive for what it is and doesn't work as stated.
I will be returning this and going back to using the 1mm trimmer on my (£10) Braun 370 travel shaver.
on 25 January 2010
Nice shave but the beard trim slips down settings when you put pressure against the contours of your face
on 11 January 2010
One of the biggest problem with most of the men who keep short beards / stubble is to find a perfect shaver+trimmer. Most of the people end up having a separate shaver with a clipper and trimmer as two separate devices.

This device sort of address this area. I have been searching of such shavers from a long time. Although its beard trimming is very good but unfortunately shaver side is not very impressive. May be I need to get used to of it bit more. Also dont expect to trim lengthy beard (more than 5 - 7 days old) with this device. Handy and practical but does come with 3 pin UK plug/transformer. I have to charge after two full uses, one use lasting 15 - 20 minutes.
on 26 May 2011
After a few weeks using it, I reverted back to using a gillette mach 3 razor. No time & energy to use it this beard kit.

EDIT: I had raised my rating from 2 to 3 stars, and had ended up using this as a beard shaver. It is great for removing the 2-3 week look as I cant be bothered to shave sometime. I end up looking like "Alan" from the film The Hangover.

I since gave up its use and downgraded to 2 stars as this was simply not good enough to select the day-look you are after.
on 28 May 2013
Need to recharge while trimming.
That really annoying when u r in middle of shave
Apart from the charging other stuff is good.