Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on 11 December 2008
I bought these for my old Zen Vision M and on first impressions they look very impressive, the style is sleek, the build is solid and the cable is easily long enough. But and this is the main problem: the BASS isn't the greatest, it's good and you can hear it also the deep end 'is' visible, but it lacks good old fasioned clout, that said though the overall sound is very good and treble is spot on (not to tinny), mids (vocals and guitar are crisp and well defined and the deep bass stands out fairly well at high volumes.

Bottom line, if your looking for quality sound with clarity above all, then buy these, but if you want more furious bass then these arent for you, invest in some 16mm sony accoustic twin turbo's.
on 14 January 2009
The whole concept of many of these bass-enhancing is to create a vacuum in your ear by producing a seal between the coil and the ear canal. These most certainly do this - if your trying to cut out any unwanted noise (almost anything at all.. for that matter) these are definitely a good ticket - but probably not if you're cycling or live in a particularly dodgy neighbourhood!

There's always a downside though! The problem that I've encountered with these earphones is that whenever the cable touches your collar or any outer clothing, you can REALLY hear it through the earphones. Perhaps it's something that people can get used to, but it really does get on my nerves.. especially when i'm in a room with very little background noise.

Other than that, the sound quality is very clear and crisp. Lots of mids, but could be slightly deeper. At this price though, who really minds!
on 8 March 2009
Yes, these earphones are very good and do offer a decent playback of a wide range of music but after rare-moderate use over the last couple of months the left earpiece still plays but only at about 5% compared to the right which is very annoying when you play songs recorded and defined in separate ear pieces.

Now that's a long sentence.

Anyway, all in all a good product but they haven't lasted as long as I'd have liked them to.
on 21 December 2009
I found that the bass and the sound quality was actually amazing. Much better to most - even better then the new ones i just bought recently (sony).
But why did i buy new ones?
Well the fact is, is that these have only lasted me 3 months until one of the headphones has stopped working (the wire insulation is torn or something and it is losing connection...) - despite my careful care of the product it still managed to break which is trend in creative headphones that i have used in the past. They all had greatsound quality - usually cheap - but they NEVER last long.
on 13 February 2010
Read other reviews for more info on sound quality. All I will say is that they do have very good sound quality, especially for the price.

BUT...

There is one major problem with them that seems to have happened to many other people as well. The rubber rings at the base of the jack snapped off within a short time of my getting them and, after four and a half months of frequent use now, the wiring has broken or become loose inside at the end, where the rubber rings were supposed to be protecting. The right earphone has therefore stopped working, and only starts working again with a bit of careful wiggling, and then leaving the wire as stationary as possible. This, of course, means I now can't use them unless I'm sitting, and sitting very still.

Very annoying, as they are very good earphones, 'Y' shaped (none of this asymmetric cable nonsense) and very comfortable. Shame they don't work any more.
on 18 March 2010
I am a big fan of the EP-630s earphones which, like all of these types of earphones, don't last for ever if you use them frequently with an iPod or something like that, because the continuous flexing eventually leads to failure of the sound cord. When my last EP-630 pair failed I bought one of these, thinking the sound would be better as they were the next model up. However, I prefer the sound from the EP-630: it is slightly duller but I found the EP-830 sound too whispy, so that you would have to turn the "loudness on" or "bass boost" switches on your equipment up, which I don't like to do.

Ultimately, it's a matter for personal taste, but I would say that more expensice and "next model up" doesn't necessarily make for better sound. My advice would be for you to try the cheaper ones first.
on 10 July 2009
Read all the reviews and was convinced,so I bought a set.I'm afraid they didn't come up to expectations giving a very tinny high end and somewhat lacking in bass.I listen mainly to 'early' classical music which does not have a'head banging'bass end but the EP830 was a disappointment all round.I'll keep using my old Sonys.
on 9 May 2013
Purchased Creative Ep-830s after owning a set of ep-630 earphones (sadly broke), did the logical thing and bought the next one,s up. Take my advice and don't bother!

The bass has less punch than the 630s, have a tendency to sound dull and lifeless. The mid freqs are also lacking in definition, sounding woolly and soft. The only highlight is the upper freqs which are sharp and clear.

Think creative missed the boat with these earphones. You can improve the sound quality by using an equaliser, but only just. If you own a set of 630s - stick with them.
on 27 July 2009
Pros: Snug, comfortably fitting earpieces. Good sound quality (admittedly I've mostly been listening to audiobooks). Cut out 90% of street noise which is brilliant, if a little isolating at times.

Cons: As mentioned by many other people, the cables are unshielded leading to loud banging noises any time the cable moves. This is accompanied by weird noises caused by wind rushing past the earpieces.

Ultimately - fine if you are staying still and indoors, I used them in hospital and found them very useful but not so good if you're walking around outside.
on 9 May 2011
The head phones give a great sound and fit very well in the ear. but they just don't last long enough. I am on my third pair now. The first two lasted about a year but this most recent pair has only lasted 7 months. Going to see how much hassle the warranty is but will probably try and find something that will last a bit longer next time.