5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful
very beautiful and tiny, excellent quality and beautiful design. you can see that it's hand-made and painted. i think i will have it for decoration purposes only
Published 13 months ago by madmoutro

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured
The picture Alessi represents this product with is quite misleading. The jug pictures Alessi provide are surely plastic as you would never be able to produce colours as vibrant or as sharp on china (which is what this product is made from).
Published on 16 Jan 2012 by nje

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: A di Alessi Paradise Bird Milk Jug (ASG94) (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute & practical, 30 May 2013
Very good milk jug, lovely design which is too cute for words. A little over-the-top perhaps, but in a good way :)

5.0 out of 5 stars beauty, 1 Mar 2013
a small petite milk jug perfect for purpose i use for cream also when serving coffee colours not quite as strong as in advertising picture but still very pretty

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, 16 Jan 2012
nje (Australia) - See all my reviews
Upon receiving this product my first impression was that of surprise... It's tiny! How tiny? I can fit it in the palm of my had tiny.
My next impression was that the colours were not vibrant at all. And I realized based on the beautiful china this is made from that it could never be as the picture represented in regards to the colours.
I also purchased the salt and pepper set from the same range (also miniatures) and they are made from a plastic type composit. At least they look exactly as pictured by Alessi.
So am I happy with this product? Yes but It was not exactly as I expected.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically cute... and small, 8 Feb 2011
PB (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This milk jug is utterly beautiful. The colours are vibrant and the design is both functional and cute; the milk pours delightfully from the bird's mouth.

I bought this as a present for my Mother; I should have got one for myself too.

The only word of warning I would give is that it is rather small. It will just hold enough milk for 3 cups of tea (depending on how milky you take your tea, of course). So, while it will prove to be conversation piece, it won't be much use when you have more than 2 friends over.

UPDATE: I don't know what the other reviewer here (nje) received, but I can confirm that this jug IS made from bone china and NOT plastic.