5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic LCD TV
I've had this TV for about 1 month now and I have to say that it is absolutely superb.

Published on 27 Jan 2009 by John

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice if it had arrived.
Never had chance to find how good this was.
Delivery entrusted to 'NightFreight' and never arrived.
Eventually received full credit from Amazon.
Published on 30 April 2009 by Mike Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic LCD TV, 27 Jan 2009
This review is from: Philips 37PFL7603D - 37" Widescreen 1080p Full HD LCD TV - With Ambilight & Freeview (Electronics)

I spent a lot of time in Dec '08 and early Jan '09 researching tv's and looking for the best deals. I nearly bought the Sony Bravia 40W4500, which is packed with features and looks great. However, when I calculated the optimum viewing distance in my lounge, I came to realise that a 40' tv was just a bit too big. So, I decided to go for a 37' and for an LCD in this size, this Philips is the pick of the bunch. Its a bit more expensive than many of its rivals, but it just cannot be matched for spec.

The contrast and colours are amazing and with a bit of tweaking the picture looks unbelievably great with my Sky, HDD recorder, and up-scaling DVD player. Even my downloaded avi video files look amazing. Sound quality is also first rate - especially for an LCD tv.

I have really developed a love of the ambilight too. I had never experienced this before, but when you watch a film in the dark with the ambilight on moderate mode its just truly spectacular.

My final point is that the tv design is very classy and sophisticated.

In conclusion I strongly recommend this tv!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking piece of kit!, 4 Mar 2009
GRC (Portugal) - See all my reviews
Having researched the alternatives I plumped for this 37" model with Ambilight. It certainly delivers the goods and looks sooo much better than many competitive products, with its rounded corners and glass bezel. And Ambilight is a joy and easier on the eyes than a hard black edge to the picture / set. Well recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy far, 22 Feb 2011
A. McHale (UK) - See all my reviews
This has been the best Tv ive ever had cant sing its praises enough looks beautiful and performs amazingly, you can really go wrong with a Philips brand as they make most of the components that build most equiptment. Spot on

5.0 out of 5 stars philips 37" full HD with amberlight, 19 April 2009
B. M. Salkeld (Merseyside) - See all my reviews
I found the product ideal and just what i was looking for. I feel that the amberlight is not just a gimmick, but gives a very good effect around the screen. I find the picture to be of a very high quality . If I had one small complaint (just to be pedantic) I don't feel that the quality of the sound is as good as on my previous television (which was a Sony)

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 7 Feb 2009
Marco Rossi (uk) - See all my reviews
the tv is just great.i am really glad i made this choice and i moved the smaller 26' in the bedroom :)the delivery was also spot on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice if it had arrived., 30 April 2009
Never had chance to find how good this was.
Delivery entrusted to 'NightFreight' and never arrived.
Eventually received full credit from Amazon.

ARRAY(0xb26d3e64)