on 7 May 2010
I bought this cable hoping to improve the reception quality, I was not disappointed and saw a vast improvement straight away.
on 9 April 2010
Previously had an unshielded cable and was getting a lot of inteference. Bought this cable and havent had a single problem since!
on 18 June 2009
Okayy, before buying a cable ensure that its the right type!!
I needed a coaxial cable for my new freeview box, and stupidly i bought 3 wrong types of cable before i found the right one!
This product is good quality and arrives quickly.
Very happy with it (:
on 9 March 2016
I ordered 3 of these to replace some ageing cables I already had.

You can see that these are GOLD plated cables, both in description and photo, but what arrived was not gold plated and the word gold was not on the label. I've attached a picture.

However, even without the gold plating, they're pretty good so to avoid the hassle, I won't be returning them.

I will be making a formal complaint, however.
review image
These are great value coaxial cables from Amazon. You are probably aware that coaxial cables vary enormously in price and you can pay anything from a £2 to £3 right up to £15 to £20 for 5M coaxial cables. I have bought all kinds of different quality cables before and I have to say these are just as good (or better) than others that are twice as expensive. They are really well made with strong moulded grips and high quality terminals. As you may know if you remove and re-insert coaxial cables a lot the terminal pins can sometimes detach and remain stuck in the socket. These cables are really well made and this clearly isn’t going to be a problem.
The resistance is only 75 Ohms so even at 5M length there is no perceptible deterioration in signal. The shielding also works very well so there is no perceptible interference.
The terminals themselves are male so obviously they connect to female sockets. You can buy separate male to female adaptors on Amazon if required. It is always worth checking on the socket type beforehand just to make sure.
Overall this is a great quality product at an excellent price. I paid about £5 for the 5M long cable on Amazon and consider it a great bargain at that price. You could easily pay three times as much for equal quality at your local electrical retailer.
on 13 June 2014
This is a another very good product from Cable Mountain. It delivers a high quality picture. I strongly recommend this company for the quality of its goods and services.

Chris Allen is a Technical Author and writer with the following books available through Amazon:
The Beam of Interest: Taken by Storm
Hypnotic Tales 2013: Some Light Some Dark
Call of the Void: The Strange Life and Times of a Confused Person: 1
on 25 May 2011
**Ideal, if like me you need to extend your dish/antennae to a different position, these are pretty useful. OK you can buy loose coax and ends cheaper, but these are professional 'swaged on' ends which make for the best signal transmission.

Why is that wives always want things positioned where services are non-existent, then, complain about "All these wires strung about the place?"

Well if like me, you have carpets, they go under. Always remember to leave any excess length in 'loose' coils to avoid any induction problems, and everything should work fine. Neat, tidy, well made**

** update - After being in service for a month my DTV picture started to pixillate. Moving the cable around worsened this.

I contacted "Cable Mountain", and explained exactly the problem, and that I had replaced it with the original "home made-up" coax, which worked perfectly.

They said 'problems of this nature' had 'never' been experienced before, but if I returned it, they would examine and test it, AND IF found faulty, they would replace it, which I thought was rather magnanimous of them.
on 20 March 2010
We live in a bad signal area but this didnt degrade that any further - smashing cable.
on 12 December 2013
Delivered within two days of ordering ,enabling me to set up tv in bedroom by connecting tv in sitting room by this cable saving me the expense of adding extension to outside roof
on 31 March 2011
This is a very high quality (and cheaply priced) item. The coating seems thicker than other ones ensuring that they won't get sliced as fast by doors or furniture. It's a lot cheaper than other stores and the cable should be long enough for the majority of people.