I'd seen Being John Malkovich when it originally came out, and knew that I loved the film as a quirky, unique story, with brilliant visual work, fantastic script and excellent acting - so seeing it again on DVD, I was pleasantly suprised to find that none of my memories were falsely exaggerated - this is a great film, through and through!

As a double pack, this...
Published 16 months ago by Miss Claire Soper

3.0 out of 5 stars Language info
Audio (Adaptation): English, Italian. (Being John Malkovich): English, French, German
Subtitles (Adaptation): English (hard of hearing), English, Hindi, Italian. (Being John Malkovich): English, Dutch, French, German.
Published on 28 Mar 2012 by Claus Sternberg

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value double pack - but one film is definitely stronger than the other, 12 Mar 2013
Miss Claire Soper "Wednesday" (Cheltenham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adaptation/Being John Malkovich [DVD] (DVD)

As a double pack, this film comes with Adaptation - touted as connected to the first film due to the protaganist of Adaptation being the screenwriter of Being John Malkovich - it's based on a true story, but changed so that it is actually a work of fiction... and is surreal, but in a different way to Malkovich. Meryl Streep is, as always, brilliant; but Nic Cage (though he tries his best) leaves me feeling a little let down by how he handles the central protagonist - although I can't quite put my finger on why. It just feels like the film is building up to something, but never quite gets there. A little disappointing in parts, but overall it is worth a watch and there are some rather good moments throughout.

If nothing else - it'll leave you wanting to pick up a copy of The Orchid Thief to read afterwards...

3.0 out of 5 stars Language info, 28 Mar 2012
Claus Sternberg (Denmark) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Adaptation and BEing John Malkovich, 2 Jan 2011
Angel House "Poet" (South Oxfordshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Adaptation/Being John Malkovich [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this two-pack for Adaptation because it was suggested to me to view as part of a screenwriting course I am doing. I didn't really enjoy Adaptation. I thought the main character was a cliche and the dialogue uninspiring and the part of the plot in the swamp was almost funny - although not meant to be.

However, I really enjoyed Being John Malkovich - pace and dialogue more compelling. The plot is weird but intriguing. So worth watching, in my view.

The deal of both DVDs together cannot be beaten and as usual (in my experience) Amazon delivered promptly and without problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars And now for something completely different..., 15 Mar 2010
This review is from: Adaptation/Being John Malkovich [DVD] (DVD)
These movies will change the way you think about film. The stories are complex and highly strung but the direction of Spike Jonze keeps things on a managable level for the audience to follow at a safe pace. This will not be suitable for most casual cinema goers as it is a little unorthadox but both films are two truely original screenplays and ones that you really have to see to believe.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing brain twister, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Adaptation/Being John Malkovich [DVD] (DVD)
Adaptation - I just loved this film. I'm not a fan of Nicolas Cage but he was outstanding in this role; showing a degree of genuine acting skill I didn't expect from him.

Only Kaufman could've have written a story like this.

Being John Malkovich - this film is impossibly weird and compelling. Totally unpredictable.

Adaptation/Being John Malkovich [DVD]
Adaptation/Being John Malkovich [DVD] by Brad Pitt (DVD - 2008)
12.99