on 2 July 2009
I got this game worried that it might not work from the other reviews that I have read on Amazon. From the first time that I used it I had no problem at all, no jumping or bad sound. When playing the game I thought that this is the best sequel to the Sims 2. I would recommend it to anyone considering getting this game.
on 25 June 2009
just to say, i think the game is really good. I have just recently purchased a new acer gamer and after playing the sims 3, my machine kept over heating and turning off, i just placed a fan next to the tower and its fine now, so i can continue to enjoy the sims 3, its really good and is an improvement of sims 2 =)
on 30 September 2010
I bought this for my son's birthday and he loves it.
I cannot believe the delivery service on this item.When I ordered it it was stated delivery would be within 5 days.
Less than 48 hours later the postman was ringing my doorbell with it.
If I could give 10 stars for the speed of service I would. Well done.
on 23 May 2010
I was thoroughly let down by this. For a start it has such hogh graphics that my computer always crashes when playing it. There is a small amount of cheats, half of which I can't work, and this maeans you constantly are returning home. You can't make your sims pretty with proper custom content unless you download off site other than exchange.
It only has a few new features which I would have been happy to have in my previous game. I like being able to hop from place to place and find fruits.
If you like to know the past of your sim then this isn't the game for you. Moodlets only last for a few hours or days at most.
After a few months of playing this game I was so bored I went back to the Sims 2, which is the best of the three versions of Sims.
VINE VOICEon 23 June 2009
Great game play again
looks very similar to SIMS 2
and indeed the original.

There loads more you can do, more editing, more control
and undoubtedly another excuse to sell you more expansion packs.
This game has higher hardware requirements, eg video cards -so check the details out.

Great Fun
on 30 September 2014
as expected
on 17 August 2014
As expected
on 5 October 2010
I was a very keen fan of the Sims 2 and I had in fact purchased several expansion packs. I was very excited about the Sims 3 and so I bought it.
I was at first excited with all the new features but however this excitement did not last.
Things began to get repetitive and boring.
Do not buy
on 17 April 2010
Ok I love this game because it beats the sims 2 at almost everything and I would only change some of the smaller details. However DO NOT BUY THIS GAME UNLESS YOU HAVE CHECKED THE SPECS WITH YOUR COMPUTER. This happened to me and at first it worked fine and didn't shut down. So I got addicted and then it started to shut down every half an hour and then every 20 mins and now when I load the sims 3 up it just switches itself straight off. I know some people will call me crazy but I am going to either update my laptop or buy a knew one because this one is falling to pieces anyway and half the keys have fallen off. I hope you read this because it is VERY important to check the specs.
on 26 January 2012
It a great game to say the least. Its just one of those games where you can make amazing things happen and do great things. This is a great game where you can control lives of people and whole towns. i also have lots of the expansion packs and there just great too.!! GET THIS GAME