5.0 out of 5 stars The best dual layer discs I've ever used.
I use these to back up data on PC's and to archive TV programmes from my Sony hard disc recorders. I've not had a coaster yet. Not only that, but when I pass the discs around for other people to borrow I've not had one person say it wouldn't play on their home DVD player. That's got to be the best recommendation for any writeable DVD product.
Published on 19 April 2009 by C. Hatfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Totaly Hit and miss these days
Verbatim used to be great with these discs, i could never ever fault them i used to get 100% error free discs every time (Very Low PI Failures for those who know what im talking about)

But now these discs are totaly hit and miss to what quality you get, i go through 100s of packs a year and i have to send so many back now.

I think the problem is that...
Published 23 months ago by OMG

5.0 out of 5 stars The best dual layer discs I've ever used., 19 April 2009
C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect discs, 10 Oct. 2009
used these discs to backup xbox360 games,every disc backed up fine 100% worked,one of the best quality discs ive used,these discs are more expensive than alot of other brands but if you need high quality backups such as i do then they are worth every penny as you get alot of problems with the cheeper discs out there,now ive tested them i will only use these discs and be buying some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 July 2009
This review is from: Verbatim 43666 8.5GB 8x DVD+R Double Layer Matt Silver 10 Pack Spindle (Accessory)
I have bought Verbatim discs for sometime now and have never had a bad one. Despite doubts expressed elsewhere about the reliability of Verbatim discs from different regions, I have had great results with these labelled both Singapore & India. I shall continue to use Verbatim when I need a reliable result. Verbatim, Maxell & TDK are names that I have come to trust. Buy with confidence.

3.0 out of 5 stars Totaly Hit and miss these days, 20 Jun. 2013

I think the problem is that the verbatim factory extended to india, and when this first happend we all used to have to look out for the Singapour made discs.

Verbatim have soon cottend on to this method and have now packaged all the discs with the ''made in singapour'' even if they are being made in tiwan and india aswell, so now we have no way atall of telling them apart. we have to play the lottery with what we will get,

so many batches i have had have had marks all the way round the top part of the disc, it seems like some of the printable surface has come off onto the disc edges below them as the top and bottom disc are always fine, probably rushing the production process these days and not giving the surface enough time to dry before packing up. you should look out for this issue its like they have got spray coat on them at the edge.

i wish these discs would go back to the way they were as nowadays the PI FAILURES on the duff batches i get are too much and make the discs unreadable for purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems encountered., 2 Mar. 2009
This is a recommendable DL disc and one that has never let me down, ever. I note that the price has gone up two Pounds in the last month or two with amazon, which is unfortunate given that there are other places to buy these cheaper. Finally, I also note that the larger size pack of these actually costs you more to buy per disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless, 29 Aug. 2009
S. Thomson (UK) - See all my reviews
Not much to say here, but I have been through at least 60 of these things, probably more, and I am yet to find a single dud disc. Every write has worked perfectly, and there are no signs of early degradation. Having tried various other makes, I can say that if you want DVD+R DLs you should pick these over any of the alternatives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 26 April 2009
I had purchased some Philips DVDs but found at least 1 in every 10 was faulty. I purchased the Verbatim and i had no problems at all. I would highly recommend the Verbatim to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for macs....!, 25 Mar. 2009
If you using these discs to burn XBOX 360 backups. Then there is no better disc if you are using the macs superdrive other cheaper discs like AONE will not work as the heat is too much for them. i can't recommend these enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Dual Layer disks, 8 Aug. 2009
R. White "richx_uk" (Sussex, ENGLAND UK) - See all my reviews
Great dual layer dvds highly recommended for backing up your xbox 360 games if you can get hold of the singapore made disks. out of around 27 burns, only one disk failed. bit more expensive than other brands, but well worth it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Verbatim DVD+R Duel Layer, 11 Nov. 2009
No problem burning to disc, managed to fit on 8GB with no errors, disc's played on several different players, even an old one, would buy them again.