5.0 out of 5 stars The most fun title I have played in years
Having played both past GTA games and the first Saints Row I do not buy into the whole you can only like one or the other.

First of all lets get the comparisons out of the way. GTA IV looks better and for a critic would be well ahead of Saints Row 2. However GTA IV is based on realism, Saints Row 2 is based on fun and that is the main theme of the game...
Published on 28 Oct 2008 by Kevin Macphail

3.0 out of 5 stars Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360)
Arrived in good time and condition. A good game but for some reason every saints row i play on xbox becomes un-readable within 2 months of purchase. I take care of my games, so I do not no the cause, just be prepared for it to not work. I recommend installing this game to your harddrive as soon as possible.
Published 17 months ago by Jason

3.0 out of 5 stars For previous Saints Row fans only!, 18 Oct 2008
T. Fellows "Salad Dodger" (B'ham, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Firstly, i loved the intro to the game. Nice to see a game which follows on from the previous game in the series. Fitted in perfect, and got me ready for what i thought would be a top class game.
Before i start, i feel its important to make this clear. We all have a biased opinion on "sandbox" games, which come out, and 100% we think " this is better/worse than GTA IV. I, myself think this, with any game ( i even compared bully to GTA :$ )
without trying to compare, to what is one of, if not best sandbox style game, there is a few problems with SR2.
After playing it 8 hours, i feel that the game is ridden with glitches. Pressing Y to get out of the car, when drivers door is next to a wall, the character appears at the front of the car. Not realistic, yeah?
motorbikes standing on their rears after wheelies, cars randomly appearing in the freeways, and yes, dissapearing.
Park benches, hydrants, signs, and people randomly appearing when driving.
the gameplay also is a let down. Its so hard to actually get respect, unless it is nighttime. I spend 2 hours riding around, getting respect. Lack of money/ammo meant i couldnt do the rival killing minigame.

good points is graphics. i feel that the moving feeling, in cars, running and bikes are second to non. also, new weapons, amazing! i spent ages running around with sledgehammer, and stun gun. good fun!

Overall, i feel that if you had SR1, and want to carry on the story, its a good buy. But if you want another "GTA IV", which compares to the greatness of it, then i would give it a miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going to be sweeet, 13 April 2008
S. I. JOHNSON (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Just take a look at what Saints Row 1 offered us, now take that and combine with everything that was missing and you have this!
The Co-op story mode intrigues me the most, most comparable to that of Crackdown, think of the amount of times the AI buddies in number 1 got you killed, well now your friend can come in and show them how its done.
Boats, Planes and helicopters are added in to really add to the freedom factor.
The customization has been turned up a knotch, which i always look for in games.
I loved number 1, ill love number 2, the only thing that ever ruined number 1 was the people you meet on multiplayer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Steaming pile of..., 12 Feb 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Had this game for a while and just got round to playing it. My opinion save your money and buy GTA offers much better VFM.

graphics and gameplay are poor as they offer no realism, however if you liked mercs 2 then you will enjoy this (control, graphics feel the same).

for me far to repetative, each mission you have to repeat six times! games have moved on to much for me to enjoy this. Plus being playing the game for 4hours and no achievements!

1.0 out of 5 stars Could have been good, 13 Jan 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This game was kind of fun at first, and, to me, had a lot of potential, but it never lived up to this. This is mainly due to the fact that the game is INCREDIBLY buggy. I've gotten very far, at time, in the 'diversion' missions, only for the game to completely freeze (note: it isn't my 360, as I've never encountered this is any other game). THQ released a really buggy game, and they aren't going to bother fixing it.

1.0 out of 5 stars A dumbed down GTA copy for chavs., 2 Nov 2008
B. Pinner "Mr.Nogood" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Probably one of the worst 360 games I have ever played. It feels like a beta version of an unfinished game. It's just a really chavvy version of GTA with all it's stupid ghetto lingo and stupid glitches.
The driving physics feel like something out of PS1's ridge racer. The graphics are so unpolished and unfinished with very little texture on the cars.
I played this game for just under an hour, then immediately wrote an advert on ebay for this game - I feel sorry for the poor sucker that brought it.
If you want a game like GTA, do yourself a favour and just buy GTA.

2.0 out of 5 stars Teenage kicks!, 14 Aug 2009
Mr. John Hickman "hydrojon" (devon,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
If your in to swearing, violence, youll love it. Not for me im afraid. i suggest you keep it away from younger children under 29!

4.0 out of 5 stars saints row v gta, 17 Jun 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
obviously GTA IV is better than saints row but when you put all these new things in like helis and even PLANES you have to think that it can rival Grand Theft Auto IV!

1.0 out of 5 stars Have just played this...., 7 Oct 2008
O. Keys "Florida" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
As the title states, I have just played this and thought I would let you guys know my thoughts - I'm afraid they're not good, this is not a good game. The graphics are awful, a touch better than GTA: San Andreas, but only a touch. The voice acting is also terrible. As to gameplay, I just couldn't get into it. The vehicles look awful and thats how they handle, very very unrealistic. I played for all of about 45 minutes before giving up all hope of this being a decent title.

Do not buy this if you're looking for a GTA killer, this certainly isn't it.

Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360)
Saints Row 2 (Xbox 360) by THQ (Xbox 360)
12.70