5.0 out of 5 stars I'm giving this 5 stars as it's such a great value item
Published 2 months ago by KittyP

3.0 out of 5 stars hedstrom wavy slide
I have just purchased the hedstrom wavy slide for £57.99, for my daughters first birthday, i found this slide to be of best value.

Published on 7 July 2011 by Kerri

3.0 out of 5 stars hedstrom wavy slide, 7 July 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)

My husband is a joiner by trade and is very compatent at putting things together, but he was nearly beaten by this slide, the instuctions are not very clear, and the screws all look the same but there is a 3ml difference in them so be warned. only buy this slide if you have a lot of patients. it took my husband nearly 5 hours to put together.

Having said that after finally putting it together it is one sturdy strong slide, It's just ashame they put a wave in them,it would be far better if it was just straight.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm giving this 5 stars as it's such a great value item, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
I'm giving this 5 stars as it's such a great value item. I got it for £32 with free delivery and for that price it's an absolutely excellent item. As other reviewers suggest it is quite difficult to put together and you really do need to sort the screws, bolts, etc out first and keep them in a clear order as you work, even though that requires going through the whole book as there is no index of these parts at the beginning of the instructions. The instructions could also do with being a bit more detailed as small omissions such as the direction to put in a nut and bolt can mean having to re-do some sections. Lastly, if possible, use a proper, long-handled, allen key and spanner, I can't imagine how frustrating it would have been to assemble using the provided tools.

But all that aside, once it's assembled it's well worth the money. My 21 month old loves it and should get several years of enjoyment out of it. The slide actually looks much bigger in real life than it does in the above photograph. The chute is 6ft long and compared to similarly priced toddler slides, this is just so much more enjoyable and we will get much more mileage from it.

3.0 out of 5 stars I ignored the earlier reviews about how difficult this was ..., 22 July 2014
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
I ignored the earlier reviews about how difficult this was to put together, and learned the hard way that it was true!! Absolute nightmare, instructions not clear enough, had to disassemble and reassemble several times in order to get some sections correct, and the room for using tools is severely restricted. Having said all that, now that it is finally put together correctly, our 3 year old Grandaughter loves it, so worth the effort snd frustrations!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Slide, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
I bought this slide for my granddaughter's 4th birthday and she loves it. Strangley enough so does our pet rabbit!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, eventually., 17 May 2012
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
To build this slide you need:
4 arms
2 midget hands
2 giant hands
a back of steel
the patience of a saint
and of course the ability to read the designers mind...

5.0 out of 5 stars Should last for years, 2 Oct 2014
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
This is a great sturdy slide and has so far survived a summer of children (ages 2-7) and 1 Grandad(!) playing on it.
The metal 'frame' is navy blue in colour, and the 'T' shaped base is not as thin as it looks on the photo (about 2cm). The rest of the metal work is thicker about 2.5cm.
It did take a good while to put up as there are some very tricky nuts and bolts to tighten underneath the slide, but it's so sturdy compared to some it's well worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 13 July 2014
Mr. Michael Merreywether (Weston super Mare) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
The instructions were not clear and assembly was a nightmare. It took me nearly four hours to complete

3.0 out of 5 stars I got this slide at an absolute bargain price and ..., 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
I got this slide at an absolute bargain price and unfortunately didn't read the reviews about how difficult assembly would be. This has taken 2 of us over 4 hours. The instructions are far from clear, the difference in bolt size is minimal. Wish I'd paid a little bit more for one that didn't take half the time to assemble

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for the quitters ....., 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
After putting this slide out me & my partner lernt a few horrible things about what each other thought lol...
It's a bloody nightmare and even wen up (5 hours later) still wobbly as out...
Kids love it so guess all that matters
My tall 119cm 5 yr old is too big tho so suited for 2-4 yrs old in my opnion

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly a good slide...if you manage to put it together, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Hedstrom Wavy Slide (Toy)
This is awful to put together! This was given as a gift. Not meaning to sound grateful but had I been looking for a slide for my toddler I would not have chosen this one for the reviews, the assembly is not good. 3 hours on and I am still putting it together. Instructions awful. Might be here all night!

Hedstrom Wavy Slide