on 3 June 2008
This is a good value bike at full price (£90) but at less than £60 these are a bargin. the gear change seams a bit stiff when i set it up but i can not say what it is like when riding because i'm too big for it. If you want a good bike with non of that suspension rubbish then you can not go wrong with one of these.
on 20 June 2008
the bike was great for £60 gears are very stiff at first but sone losend up. the seat is very comfy for a nice ride to hunstanton
on 27 July 2009
Having chosen this model because of the "Raleigh" brand ( I should have realised that these are now made in China.) I am extremely dissapointed with the overall quality of the bike. Low cost components are used throughout, cheap stickers and paint job, brakes levers that snap when the bike is dropped and gears that are so stiff an adult struggles to change gear, let alone an 8 year old child.

If you are thinking of purchasing this becuase of the price, do yourself a favour, dont, spend a little more and buy a quality product that your child will be able to use and enjoy and that will take the inevitable knocks that happen to childrens bikes, if this is typical of their production buy anything but Raleigh.
on 12 April 2010
Raleigh 20" Boys Bike Streetwolf

We bought this bike for our 7 year old son. The gears, as others have pointed out, are far too stiff for our son to change especially 1st and 2nd gear, so we have to struggle with it for him! How pointless is that? Within 6 months a brake piece broke and had to be replaced. The actual brake pads stick to the wheels aswell and make it hard work for a child to push. All in all we are very disappointed with this purchase and feel let down by Raleigh. How can this ever be made for a child to use?
on 19 June 2011
Very disappointed with this bike. Thought buying a recognised name would ensure satisfaction. Totally wrong. First delivery as expected but seven year old could not change gears. Returned first bike and received replacement in quick time. This bike was no different as the gear change system was no better. I took the bike to a local bike shop who suggested the gearing system was of poor quality. It cost £30 to have the gear change system improved. Amazon were everything I expected and tried to help as best they could. Keep away from this bike.
on 5 September 2008
I bought this bike for my little brother who is 8 years old. This was the first time I ever bought a bike, so I was naturally horrified to find that i had put the bike together! But it was actually very easy to put together. i done it under 1hour. The gears was very stiff at the beginning but loosened up after a week or so. The only complain i can have about the bike is its seat. THE SEATS ARE NOT AT ALL COMFORTABLE TO SIT ON. This is the only reason this bike is getting a four star. Other than that, the bike is Very Good.
on 10 December 2010
For the price this bike seems like a bargain, and were it not for the gears it would be. The gears are changed by twisting the right hand grip, but they were so stiff that my son couldn't change gear at all. Even I had trouble when I tried. I took the bike to my local bike shop who changed them for a lever selecter type. Now the gears are fine - having spent 30.00 on them the bike is now functional. I could probably have returned the item, but it seemed easier to bite the bullet and get a news gear shifter instead. You might be lucky - others have reported that they loosened up, but ours didn't. Apart from the gear problem it's not a bad bike though.
on 29 December 2011
What a shock this Raleigh was, awful!!

Buying Raleigh you think you are getting a better product but this model was shocking!

Having been a bike mechanic some years back I now know how far Raleigh have fallen.

Shame!

Dont buy any bike from the net unless you know how to adjust the cones,re pack grease etc etc.

Remember its about safety of your kids

Go to your local bike shop let them have the stress.

Sorry Raleigh
on 21 May 2011
Bought this for my 7 year old, as thought it was a good price. However I will be returning this bike as the Gears just do not work. I can barely change them, and have not even been able to change to gears 1-4, not sure how they expect a 7 year old to change the gears. If this bike was fitted with decent gears it would be a bargain but as it is it's a dissapointment. This product should not be being sold as it is clearly defective and I am surprised it is still for sale.
on 3 October 2008
This is a great value bike at this cut price. Raleigh is a name for good quality products. As others have said, gears stiff at first but have had no complaints recently so they must have bedded in. My son is 8 years old and this is an ideal size for him with some growing room (he's about 135cm). We found it easy to assemble (although one pedal came off and we had to do it up tighter). Oh, and he likes the name - Streetwolf sounds cool!