5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts everything evenly
Very happy with the product as it is easy to clean and cuts perfectly as well as it has 3 different blades depending with what you are cutting.
Published on 7 Nov 2010 by Anastasios Vazakopoulos

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed miserably, very disappointed
I got this product as I was getting into making bacon at home and wanted a slicer to cut it into neat slices. Instead I watched as the low rotation speed dragged and ripped the bacon slices through the machine. The machine is not up to the task and I'll see if I can get my money back.
Published 5 months ago by Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars Cuts everything evenly, 7 Nov 2010
Anastasios Vazakopoulos (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Andrew James Electric Precision Food Slicer 19cm Blade + Includes 2 Extra Blades For Bread and Meat

5.0 out of 5 stars The best customer service in the world, 28 Jan 2010
Brilliant, well designed, simple, easy to use, does exactly what it says on the tin. What warrants 5* however is not the product but the company - specifically its customer service. Our unit developed a fault 9 months after buying it - we rang the company to ask for service under warranty. What didn't we get:

1) A call center - our call was answered by a real person, almost immediately.
2) An unsympathetic response - the first thing the person we spoke to did was apologise for the inconvenience of having one of their machines break down. I suspect this is because it doesn't happen to them very often!
3) Any excuses - a replacement machine was immediately sent to us by courier. It got to us the very next day (in the middle of the snow-madness no less). They didn't even ask us to send the old one back to them!

Retailers take note - learn how customer service was always supposed to be! Wonderful company - I highly reccomend dealing with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Food Slicer, 13 Dec 2010
Brilliant, easy to clean, simple to use and any problems easily solved no queries !
Brilliant item from a brilliant seller !

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James Precision Food Slicer, 22 May 2010
Mr. Da Atkinson "Delephant" (Isle of Wight. UK) - See all my reviews
Super product. Amazed at ease of use and precision of cut. Machine is solid and easy to clean. Wife delighted.
Delivery was spot on too. This was a great buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST DOMESTIC SLICER, 9 Feb 2011
This is the third slicer I have purchased but the first Andrew James. I find it very efficient, but the main thing is that it so easy to clean and I am well pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for small business, 11 Aug 2010
Bean15 (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
Purchased this for a seasonal Snack Shack within an attraction to assist with portion control. We mainly slice mature and mild cheese each morning. Easy to clean and great quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James Electric Food Slices, 6 May 2011
I had been looking for a food slices for a long time. Bought 2 which I returned. This is all what I need in a food slicer. It is sterdy, keeps the sizes and price is right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 5 star review, 25 Dec 2010
I have recently started curing my own bacon and I wanted a slicer that could afford, that would cut the bacon very thin so I could fry it nice and crisp. This slicer easily meets all my requirements. It is easy to clean and to change the blades. The warnings in the instructions and on the boxes containing the extra blades should be heeded. The blades are wickedly sharp. I am very happy with this slicer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 16 Nov 2012
This product is excellent value for money if you are sick of cooking a Sunday Roast to perfection, only to ruin it in presentation by hacking it up roughly with tongs and a carving knife. This machine can then be used on the cold leftover bit of the joint to thinly slice the perfect Sunday supper sandwich meat.

If, like me, you also cure your own meat (pastrami or bacon for example)then this machine is a must in order to get that perfect thin and even slice. If you make your own ham too, in order to get that real ham taste (rather than that awful, watery supermarket stuff) then this machine is perfect for making that ham go further, or giving you that professional wafer thin look and taste... The same goes for home-baked bread; no more door wedge sandwiches, as this machine gives your own bread the perfect slices too.

The machine itself isn't as heavy as you think it might be (at least to me, it wasn't) but the build quality is very good nonetheless. It's a bit noisy for its size, but nothing that is a deal breaker. This slicer could probably do with having a more powerful motor, as it slows down a little too much for my liking, even when you put light stuff like bread through it... meaning it could probably do with a motor that has more grunt.

The Slicer comes with a universal blade fitted that cuts most things quite well (like roast meat) and two extra specialist blades come boxed separately... one for wafer thin ham/salami etc, the other one just for bread. Changing the blades is uncomplicated, quick and easy to do.

Cleaning is a breeze, and I can't understand how some people are saying it isn't... Most times a simple wipe down with a damp cloth does the trick. Every now and again it may be necessary to remove the blade and give the machine a more thorough clean, but as I said above, doing so is quick and easy.

Over all; a good and versatile product that is exceptionally good value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed miserably, very disappointed, 2 Nov 2013