5.0 out of 5 stars great gloves
these gloves do the job perfectly, they have a thick padding and are pretty cheap. so if you are looking for a decent pair of weight lifting gloves im sure you wont be disappointed...
Published on 15 Feb 2009 by trev101

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for some
Published on 5 Dec 2009 by Mcghee

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for some, 5 Dec 2009
This review is from: York Weight Training Gloves (Sports Apparel)
First let me state I like these gloves for general exercise and light weightlifting/circuit training. They are light, supple and comfortable. However, if your aim is to use them for heavy lifting/serious training you will be disappointed. Made of material similar to a wet suit they cannot stand up to the rigours of hard use and will tear and deteriorate very quickly. Also because they are so cushioned they make gripping the bar securely a concern with the resultant twisting causing wrist strains. Otherwise good for ladies and men into general fitness pursuits.

2.0 out of 5 stars York Training Gloves, 28 Sep 2009
Peter Fraser - See all my reviews
Never had gloves before but my hands were becoming so bad with hard skin that I bought these gloves to protect them. They certainly helped my hands and grip but the grip on the palm started to rip off after first use!! After a week I had to throw them in the bin as the whole grip and ripped and was hanging off. Will 100% be buying another pair of glovess but they will 100% not be these gloves. Would not recommend them to anyone. Very poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gloves, 15 Feb 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars good stuff, 15 July 2013
the product is as advertised and stops me getting callouses on my silky soft hands. my mrs will be pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 27 Aug 2012
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: York Weight Training Gloves (Sports Apparel)
I use these with my rowing machine, to stop the palms of my hands from being ripped into little blistery shreds. For this purpose the gloves seem to be pretty well perfect.

The neoprene material is nicely absorbent, the elastic finger grips fit snugly but not tightly, and the palm sections are padded to add cushioning. The back of hand fastenings are closed by wide Velcro tabs and remain firmly shut during workouts - I have them done up nearly as tightly as they'll go, but there's plenty of room for adjustment without risk of the gloves coming open during use. They machine wash well (on a cold setting).

Good things, at a reasonable price.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable.., 28 Jun 2012
Georgios Panagopoulos "Jorje#" (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
Overall dissapointed.. Used 3 times at the gym. Thought to give them a second (and a third chance).Very chunky and uncomfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars They get the job done..., 28 May 2012
Well what more can you wish for? They have a nice feel, good quality make and get the job done. I would've given 5 stars, but I found that the fingers are mostly bare (I thought that these would cover at least half my fingers)... nevertheless, I still love these training gloves.

2.0 out of 5 stars york weight training gloves, 4 April 2012
This review is from: York Weight Training Gloves (Sports Apparel)
i have not long had these gloves and have been using them everytime i go to gym and have noticed they have started to fall apart as the stitching is starting to come loose and un thread. ( just like to mention i did get them in the right size for my hands) But for the extra few pounds you could get bit more better than these.

1.0 out of 5 stars very bad quality, 30 Mar 2012
Santi (Valladolid) - See all my reviews
very poor quality. after a week the rubber is broken and deformated, and the glove unstitches everywhere. not an item to buy

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfy but not hard wearing!, 15 Mar 2012
These are some of the most comfortable training gloves I have had yet, but they are not particularly hard wearing. I have been using my gloves for the last few weeks and I train approx 4/5 times per week, but they are already wearing away.
They are ideal for those who conduct lighter training on machines and use smooth or padded bars. However, they are not particularly robust when using ropes and deep knurled bars.

York Weight Training Gloves