Size: Medium|Change

on 5 December 2009
First let me state I like these gloves for general exercise and light weightlifting/circuit training. They are light, supple and comfortable. However, if your aim is to use them for heavy lifting/serious training you will be disappointed. Made of material similar to a wet suit they cannot stand up to the rigours of hard use and will tear and deteriorate very quickly. Also because they are so cushioned they make gripping the bar securely a concern with the resultant twisting causing wrist strains. Otherwise good for ladies and men into general fitness pursuits.
on 28 September 2009
Never had gloves before but my hands were becoming so bad with hard skin that I bought these gloves to protect them. They certainly helped my hands and grip but the grip on the palm started to rip off after first use!! After a week I had to throw them in the bin as the whole grip and ripped and was hanging off. Will 100% be buying another pair of glovess but they will 100% not be these gloves. Would not recommend them to anyone. Very poor quality.
on 13 February 2012
If you go ahead and buy these, make sure you go for a size larger than what you think will fit your hands. E.g. I would say my hands are medium but I went for the large and they fit perfectly.

I really like these gloves, the rubber reinforced palms means that you get a really good grip on most surfaces. I do a lot of press ups, chin/pull ups and these gloves grip way better than the York leather gloves they are replacing York Leather Gloves

The padding around the finger areas is also good and will be good for light to moderate use, only issue I can see is if you lift really heavy weights and you need to get a tight grip, the padding might work against you!

As you'll see from the photos the gloves are open on the top, but this doesn't mean your hands will sweat less, if I remember correctly, it's your palms that sweat not the top of your hands! Saying that, this design should mean that the gloves dry quicker as it can be opened up virtually flat for drying.

I have been using them for a couple of weeks and so far no signs of any damage.

Overall, I am pleased with my purchase and prefer them to the York leather gloves they are replacing. They are comfortable to wear, provide good protection, look good, and they are pretty cheap!

UPDATE - A month or so after buying these, the rubber padding on the palms has started to come away in small chunks. Still going ok so far but I think the whole padding will come away after a few more months. If you are a heavy user then I wouldn't recommend these at all.

UPDATE 17/09/2012 - Ok these are just falling apart, the rubber padding on the palms are shedding like mad. I can't recommend these at all now, avoid!
on 2 September 2010
Have been using these gloves for over 8 months now to assist in my weight training. I normally go around 3-4 times a week to the gym and always use these gloves in each session.

The gloves are very robust and have not torn or ripped. Having the open back hand allows the hand to breathe more while the grip part of the glove provides very good comfort and grip for the weights. They are easy to wear and fell comfortable.

These gloves are also machine washable and I have already washed them quite a few times with no problems at all.

Maybe the only negatives I could think of is that it needs slightly more padding. But I am sure if there was more padding it may restrict the movement in the hands and fingers. Also of course as you sweat a lot when you take the gloves off they don't smell overly pleasent but this would be the same with your clothes etc. after a heavy session! :-)

Otherwise a throughly recommended product as I have used other gloves before over these past 3 years which have fallen apart over a few months, especially the leather ones.
on 31 October 2013
I got these gloves to solve my problem of sweaty hands when doing dead-lifts. However the thick neoprene doesn't allow me to grab the barbell fully and I abandoned them instantly in training.

They would be fine for other pulling exercises such as lat pulls and chin ups you don't use your thumb as much. But for dead-lifting they were very annoying. They would also be fine for pushing like bench press.
I use these with my rowing machine, to stop the palms of my hands from being ripped into little blistery shreds. For this purpose the gloves seem to be pretty well perfect.

The neoprene material is nicely absorbent, the elastic finger grips fit snugly but not tightly, and the palm sections are padded to add cushioning. The back of hand fastenings are closed by wide Velcro tabs and remain firmly shut during workouts - I have them done up nearly as tightly as they'll go, but there's plenty of room for adjustment without risk of the gloves coming open during use. They machine wash well (on a cold setting).

Good things, at a reasonable price.
on 18 January 2011
I have had a pair of these gloves for around 5 years now, i lift at least 3 times a week, and they although are now looking old they are still doing a relatively good job, the covered palms are badly worn and around the finger edge is also worn, so aesthetically it's time to get a new pair of gloves rather than a loss of performance.
The Good
These gloves give great grip.
Fairly open back, my hands have never gotten sweaty in them.
Cheap.

The bad
Thick palms makes every weight handle feel larger [thicker].
Not the stylish of gloves.

Overall a good pair of budget gloves, that at first i thought would last about 6 or so months, i was proved very wrong.
on 15 February 2009
these gloves do the job perfectly, they have a thick padding and are pretty cheap. so if you are looking for a decent pair of weight lifting gloves im sure you wont be disappointed...
on 15 March 2012
These are some of the most comfortable training gloves I have had yet, but they are not particularly hard wearing. I have been using my gloves for the last few weeks and I train approx 4/5 times per week, but they are already wearing away.
They are ideal for those who conduct lighter training on machines and use smooth or padded bars. However, they are not particularly robust when using ropes and deep knurled bars.
on 5 June 2010
I have had these for about 6 months now and they are fine, well padded and have a good grip. If you are left choosing between sizes go for the larger one as they are cut small. I know people ahve been having problems with the stitching coming undone but I haven't had this problem; they have been good quality, good value for money.