4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those with slim hands...
Published on 5 Jun 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).
Published on 7 Feb 2009 by David Jacques

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those with slim hands..., 5 Jun 2008
When I received these weights I was really impressed by the feel of them - they're not spongy, but hard rubber, which make them very easy to grip. One downside that I have found is that the bar could be maybe a centremetre or two wider - I have quite slim hands, and still I found that after a session I have a pressure mark on my thumb where it has been in contact with the outer section of the weights.

A note to mention - although these are described as 'dumbells' and show a picture of two dumbells on the product page - they price displayed is only for one! So make sure you double up! Easy mistake to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dumbbell for the price, 5 Jan 2013
Ms. C. Moore "C. Moore" (London) - See all my reviews
These are great, easy to grip and hexagonal so don't roll away. I was going to pay nearly double for the Tunturi ones but then saw these - so pleased I did! Many of the poorer reviews of these on Amazon are down to packaging problems and the fact that it is one dumbbell and not a pair so obviously buy 2 of them and you won't be dissappointed! I can honestly say Amazon did a great job with my packaging - each dumbbell was wrapped in loads of bubblewrap and then boxed up in small boxes and then put in a larger box for delivery, padded out with extra brown paper. The Yodel man moaned about the weight of the box but everything was very well contained in the package. Recommended but remember to buy 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good make, 9 Aug 2009
This review is from: York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell (Sports)
These are really good dumbbells. The grip is excellent and with them not being smooth, your hand doesn't slip when you start to get sweaty.

5.0 out of 5 stars To weight it up..., 21 Oct 2011
These weights are excellent quality. I needed to go up a size and they are just what I needed. They are not too bulky and are non slip when in use. They don't scratch surfaces and are very comfortable to lift and lower etc. Brilliant... When I need 5kg weights I will be returning to hopefully find some in the same make!

5.0 out of 5 stars York 2kg dumbbell., 2 Jan 2011
Robust construction, safe easy parking due to hexagon shape, easy and comfortable to use. Just what a home exercise dumbell should be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 7 Feb 2009
David Jacques (London, England) - See all my reviews
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive??, 2 Dec 2009
Excellent Product. Just what I wanted. BUT!!!!!!! Does anyone EVER buy 1 Shoe??? Or 1 Glove?? Or a Pair of Spectacles with only 1 Lens?? I thought what I was buying was a PAIR of Dumbells. As a result, I had to buy a 2nd. Perhaps a little bit Unfair??? I think I also read another review where another buyer thought they were buying a pair and not 1 single Dumbell. Perhaps the Description ought to make this ABUNDANTLY clear???

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for occasional use., 9 April 2013
This review is from: York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell (Sports)
I bought the 2.5kg weights to work out around 30mins a day.
I agree with some people's reviews that the handles could do to be a bit bigger for people with big-ish hands.
I find that using them for 30mins to an hour is fine, much longer and they start to rub uncomfortably.
Other than that they're great!
Good grip and worth the money in my opinion.
I'll be looking into getting larger weights in the near future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hardwearing, 3 Mar 2013
I've been using these dumbbell for 4 years now and they're still like new. Easy to grip, not too expensive and last well. What more do you need?

5.0 out of 5 stars A sensible choice, 25 Feb 2013
J. Hermosa - See all my reviews
Nice rubber coating gives good grip. Very pleased with this purchase. Order came fast too. I've been looking for lighter ones to complement these and I think I will buy from the same brand and vendor.

York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell