4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those with slim hands...
Published on 5 Jun 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).
Published on 7 Feb 2009 by David Jacques

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those with slim hands..., 5 Jun 2008
When I received these weights I was really impressed by the feel of them - they're not spongy, but hard rubber, which make them very easy to grip. One downside that I have found is that the bar could be maybe a centremetre or two wider - I have quite slim hands, and still I found that after a session I have a pressure mark on my thumb where it has been in contact with the outer section of the weights.

A note to mention - although these are described as 'dumbells' and show a picture of two dumbells on the product page - they price displayed is only for one! So make sure you double up! Easy mistake to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dumbbell for the price, 5 Jan 2013
Ms. C. Moore "C. Moore" (London) - See all my reviews
These are great, easy to grip and hexagonal so don't roll away. I was going to pay nearly double for the Tunturi ones but then saw these - so pleased I did! Many of the poorer reviews of these on Amazon are down to packaging problems and the fact that it is one dumbbell and not a pair so obviously buy 2 of them and you won't be dissappointed! I can honestly say Amazon did a great job with my packaging - each dumbbell was wrapped in loads of bubblewrap and then boxed up in small boxes and then put in a larger box for delivery, padded out with extra brown paper. The Yodel man moaned about the weight of the box but everything was very well contained in the package. Recommended but remember to buy 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good make, 9 Aug 2009
These are really good dumbbells. The grip is excellent and with them not being smooth, your hand doesn't slip when you start to get sweaty.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Nov 2011
This review is from: York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell (Sports)
This arrived promptly and is as described. Good coating and well made piece of equipment.
I would buy other York products based on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars To weight it up..., 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell (Sports)
These weights are excellent quality. I needed to go up a size and they are just what I needed. They are not too bulky and are non slip when in use. They don't scratch surfaces and are very comfortable to lift and lower etc. Brilliant... When I need 5kg weights I will be returning to hopefully find some in the same make!

5.0 out of 5 stars York 2kg dumbbell., 2 Jan 2011
Robust construction, safe easy parking due to hexagon shape, easy and comfortable to use. Just what a home exercise dumbell should be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 7 Feb 2009
David Jacques (London, England) - See all my reviews
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).

4.0 out of 5 stars More than expected, 27 Feb 2012
Items came within 3 days, was impressed with fast delivery. Both dumbbells were packaged very well and were in great condition when arrived. Was smaller than expected which I was pleased about. Thought the handle and grip was all satisfactory especially for the price it is going for. Although many people complain about how each dumbbell is sold separately, call me strange or whatever but I personally like this feature because I usually only use one dumbbell at a time as I find it helps me get into a better position. So in this case, it was rather convenient that I did not have the need to pay for the price of 2 when I only needed one.

Having said that, I purchased a pair anyway for the odd times I use both dumbbells at the same time because of its excellent price. it was much cheaper than expected and I would definitely recommend this to other buyers if they are looking for an economical simple but functional set of dumbbells.

Remember to read carefully and to purchase TWO (if desired) because dumbbells are sold individually. cheers.

4.0 out of 5 stars gd review, 9 Feb 2009
G. Dobson "geolights" (UK) - See all my reviews
Came quickly, packaging a bit worn due to the fact that the dumbells were heavy and while rattling around in inside the box had pretty much destroyed it. was a bit worried that if had fallen out in the back of the van no one would have noticed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 May 2013
This dumbbell is great it lets you grip it great and no chance of it slipping out of your hand, great weight and I only bought one but I just make sure I do the same amount of reps on each arm.

York 4kg Neo Hex Dumbbell