5.0 out of 5 stars Big lumps of iron
Can't not give them five stars. They're big lumps of iron, they fit on standard bars, you lift 'em up. Perfect.
Published 13 months ago by Craig Saunders

Published 13 days ago by Adam McNestrie

5.0 out of 5 stars Big lumps of iron, 11 Dec. 2013
This review is from: York Fitness 10kg Standard Cast Iron Discs - 2 x 10kg (Sports)

5.0 out of 5 stars They weigh 10kg, 24 Oct. 2013
I wanted some discs that weighed 10kg.

I bought these, they weigh 10kg.

Happy is an understatement.

If you also want some discs that weigh 10kg. I'd recommend these.

10KG

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 Dec. 2011
Solid item, will last long and does the job...what more could you ask for! I use it for my home gym.
Delivery was a bit of a joke...failed once and didn't retry until a week later!

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy!!, 4 Mar. 2014
Great discs but I made an error when ordering. I thought the picture of the discs was "to scale"....Imagine my surprise when they turned up and weren't 1 inch in diameter!! The same thing happened when I ordered a bucket from Homebase. I really can't seem to get the concept of pictures on the computer not being to scale....how do they do that?

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you'd expect., 2 Nov. 2011
J. Farrow (England) - See all my reviews
Not much to say about this item, it is what it says - two standard 10kg weight plates for a non olympic bar.
Not a single complaint.

5.0 out of 5 stars good plates, 16 Sept. 2011
Great weight. Standard size not olympic. Not much else to say, you can't go wrong with them. I'll be buying more.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... of sets of these years ago and they were brilliant. The quality was high, 17 Jan. 2015
I bought a couple of sets of these years ago and they were brilliant. The quality was high, the finish was good - and they've been very durable. A few months ago I bought another set and they bear almost no resemblance to what I bought before. The shape of the discs has changed. They no longer have the nicely curved edge. They now look cheap and uneven - a bit of a mess as another reviewer has noted.

It's just a shame that the quality of the product has deteriorated so much.

The weight is right and they'll fit a standard barbell and they'll probably last. But they're as ugly as hell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job..., 9 Nov. 2009
StephenSEUK (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Ok so there's not much to expect from a standard 10kg weight plate, it's round and heavy and has a one inch hole in the middle. It certainly does the job. However I ordered two lots of York-10Kg-weights-x2 and both sets (4 plates) have an appalling finish: rough surface moulding, chipped black paint, one has started to show signs of surface rust, they look like seconds. I expect much better.
I already have a selection of Golds Gym weights and these are perfect, so there is no excuse from York. I really cannot be bothered with the hassle to return any of these to Amazon, so one day I spruce them up with fresh lick of metal paint.
At £[] on Amazon, for a pair, the best price I could find, but buy at your own risk!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to your weights collection, 15 Jun. 2011
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this set of two 10kg discs to add to my collection of weights at home. They fit perfectly on my 1" barbell and dumbbells. After having weighed them on a set of scales I can confirm that they do weigh exactly 10kgs. My only criticism would be the rough finish of the disks with chipped paint but this is not a problem for me as I don't mind what they look like. Overall, these are the best value 10kg plates on the market and are a great idea if you are looking to increase the weight you are lifting.

5.0 out of 5 stars York Standard Cast Iron Discs 2 X 10KG, 13 Sept. 2010
Excellent - Do exactly what you expect from 2 X 10Kg cast iron weights :)