5.0 out of 5 stars They weigh 10kg
I wanted some discs that weighed 10kg.

I bought these, they weigh 10kg.

Happy is an understatement.

If you also want some discs that weigh 10kg. I'd recommend these.

10KG
Published 17 months ago by Adam

2.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly disaapointed
Disappointing, usually York equipment is good. The finish is fair but compared with my other weights the central holes seem oversized for a 1" bar. Given the weight of the item; the wet and soggy packaging they arrived in, which couldn't be used again, the hassle of return didn't seem worth it: a replacement set might be just the same. It did mean I had to invest in...
Published 8 months ago by Keith

5.0 out of 5 stars They weigh 10kg, 24 Oct. 2013
This review is from: York Fitness 10kg Standard Cast Iron Discs - 2 x 10kg (Sports)
I wanted some discs that weighed 10kg.

I bought these, they weigh 10kg.

Happy is an understatement.

If you also want some discs that weigh 10kg. I'd recommend these.

10KG

5.0 out of 5 stars Big lumps of iron, 11 Dec. 2013
Can't not give them five stars. They're big lumps of iron, they fit on standard bars, you lift 'em up. Perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 19 Dec. 2011
Solid item, will last long and does the job...what more could you ask for! I use it for my home gym.
Delivery was a bit of a joke...failed once and didn't retry until a week later!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what you'd expect., 2 Nov. 2011
J. Farrow (England) - See all my reviews
Not much to say about this item, it is what it says - two standard 10kg weight plates for a non olympic bar.
Not a single complaint.

5.0 out of 5 stars good plates, 16 Sept. 2011
Great weight. Standard size not olympic. Not much else to say, you can't go wrong with them. I'll be buying more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavy!!, 4 Mar. 2014
Great discs but I made an error when ordering. I thought the picture of the discs was "to scale"....Imagine my surprise when they turned up and weren't 1 inch in diameter!! The same thing happened when I ordered a bucket from Homebase. I really can't seem to get the concept of pictures on the computer not being to scale....how do they do that?

5.0 out of 5 stars york standard 2 x 10 kg iron plates, 17 Feb. 2013
Hei (UK, Birmingham) - See all my reviews
They came packaged very well, though you have to be careful the way you hold them because the box still can rip, and if they land on your toes, you probably do more than just break them.

I ordered three, and the came in good time amazon even gave a tracking ID for each set (i ordered 3) and free delivery was a bonus it made it more attractive than just ordering from high street.

The prices for these weight discs have been rising over the years, i remember when you could get these from argos for £20, i got mine for around £29.99 each set, and now amazon has increased it by another 10%...

There isn't really much to say about these, they are just cast iron dics, nothing more or less, just be careful using them and you should be alright.

5.0 out of 5 stars They are heavy. Can you guess how heavy? 10kg!!, 6 Dec. 2013
I have four of these and am very happy with them.
They are heavy, but not too heavy.

At a guess, I would say they are about 10kg each.

They are made of metal and are black.

Because they are metal and metal is hard, they are quite strong, and do not chip or scratch much when being stacked or stored.

I have noticed some scratching to the hole in the middle because some of my bars are spinlock and getting them on/off without catching the thread on the bar is nigh on impossible!! This scratching does not affect their performance, however there is a chance that they now only weigh 9.999kg due to the lost material, which is an irritation.

If you like picking up and moving heavy stuff, then you will like these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job..., 9 Nov. 2009
StephenSEUK (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
Ok so there's not much to expect from a standard 10kg weight plate, it's round and heavy and has a one inch hole in the middle. It certainly does the job. However I ordered two lots of York-10Kg-weights-x2 and both sets (4 plates) have an appalling finish: rough surface moulding, chipped black paint, one has started to show signs of surface rust, they look like seconds. I expect much better.
I already have a selection of Golds Gym weights and these are perfect, so there is no excuse from York. I really cannot be bothered with the hassle to return any of these to Amazon, so one day I spruce them up with fresh lick of metal paint.
At £[] on Amazon, for a pair, the best price I could find, but buy at your own risk!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to your weights collection, 15 Jun. 2011
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this set of two 10kg discs to add to my collection of weights at home. They fit perfectly on my 1" barbell and dumbbells. After having weighed them on a set of scales I can confirm that they do weigh exactly 10kgs. My only criticism would be the rough finish of the disks with chipped paint but this is not a problem for me as I don't mind what they look like. Overall, these are the best value 10kg plates on the market and are a great idea if you are looking to increase the weight you are lifting.

York Fitness 10kg Standard Cast Iron Discs - 2 x 10kg