5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to your weights collection
Published on 15 Jun 2011 by William Percival

3.0 out of 5 stars As expected... but second-hand?? (or simply very dirty!)
The discs are as expected. Standard weight, and they fit very well in the standard dumbbell bars (I use the York ones with the spinlock).
The reason for the average rating is because the packaging was bad and the product seemed like second-hand!
Published 18 months ago by Vassilis

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition to your weights collection, 15 Jun 2011
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
I bought this set of eight 1.25kg discs to add to my collection of weights at home. They fit perfectly on my 1" dumbbells. After having weighed them on a set of scales I can confirm that they do weigh exactly 1.25kg each. My only criticism would be the slightly rough finish of the disks but this is not a problem for me as I don't mind what they look like. Overall, these are good value 1.25kg plates and are a great idea if you are looking to increase the weight you are lifting.

3.0 out of 5 stars As expected... but second-hand?? (or simply very dirty!), 4 May 2013
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
The discs did not come each with its own plastic wrapping (as they were in all the other similar purchases I made) and they were very dirty, leaving black smudges in your fingers every time you touched them. FInally, some of the edges of the discs were chipped off or whetted or something...
Of course, they're perfectly usable. But not as you would like for a 5-star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's iron - what could be wrong, 17 May 2014
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
Cast iron weights - what's to say: they're made of iron & cumulatively weigh a lot,
My only gripe is that they were poorly packaged & it took forever to clean the parcel tape glue off of them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective with poor manufacturing issues!, 8 April 2014
Breeder (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
This batch of York Cast Iron Discs have obviously been manufactured somewhere different to previous discs, and they cannot be exercising any quality control, as the center holes are way too big for 1inch bars and the holes are also poorly formed, if you try to use them they flop about on the bar and things get dangerous!

They are nothing like the quality of Yorks previous batches (which I currently own and have used for many years)

These are not fit for purpose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 1 April 2014
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
After all my old discs being so old and rusty it was nice to have shiny new ones come out the box

5.0 out of 5 stars weights, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
What can one say, good quality weight plates that get the job done, were not rusty or bad quality and did not smell bad.

3.0 out of 5 stars A weight is a weight, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
Only problem is that the black paint on it is really tacky and ruins the look of them making them look fake and plastic

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
8 x 1.25kg disks for use with a dumbell, well made, no rust and they fit perfectly. All I could ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!!!, 13 May 2013
C. C. Charles "CC in London" (Ilford, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
I had two 5kgs already and wanted to increase the weight on my bar slowly. These little weights for added a bit of extra weight to challenge yourself. Extra quality. Pleased as punch with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars does its job, 9 Aug 2012
This review is from: York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg (Sports)
normal weights. does the job. 1 inch holes.

note: it is slightly wider then my other 1.25 plates. and in return slighly shorter. but this shouldnt hamper things.

York 1.25kg Standard Cast Iron Discs, 8 x 1.25kg