5.0 out of 5 stars Standard size + sold 1 disc at a time.
Fit's a standard bar. Sold one plate at a time, so buy 2 of them. I was wondering myself if this was a pair of plates. The free delivery was very useful.
Published on 23 Mar 2009 by S. Bickerstaff

3.0 out of 5 stars Product is good. Delivery isn't.
I've tried to have 3 sets of these delivered to my house but they use Yodel who are next to useless so have managed to receive 1 set and I was lucky to get that. The product is pretty good if you want to run the gauntlet on whether you'll get it or not!
Published 7 months ago by M. T. McGookin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Standard size + sold 1 disc at a time., 23 Mar 2009
S. Bickerstaff (Belfast) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Plate diameter, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: York Single Standard Cast Iron Disc (Sports)
For anyone wanting to know the size of these plates, they are 39cm - at least mine are. The only place I could find which stated the size before I bought them (despite alot of time spent trying) was another customer review on here - theirs were bigger - 43cm. As I am using these for deadlifts, this is a bit annoying as I still have to put a board under each plate to get the bar at the right height (which I believe is 22.5 cm off the ground - 20kg+ olympic plates are 45cm diameter as standard). However, the plates are good quality, not too wide (3.5cm), and I couldn't find them cheaper. Very quick delivery too, so overall I'm pleased and don't regret purchase - I just wish manufacturer's would state measurements. York are by no means alone on this, I struggled to find any standard weight plate's diameter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value plates., 25 July 2009
Mr. A. Hall (East Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Single Standard Cast Iron Disc (Sports)
I ordered 2x 25KG plates. They met all expectations.

These are pretty cheap compared with other options on the net and the free delivery makes them a very competitive option. Another bonus of getting the 25kg plates is watching the delivery guy struggle. Very funny. :)

Highly reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight!, 9 Dec 2013
Brian Sheeran "Brian S" (Warrington, Greater Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great. They're big, they're round, they have a hole in them and they're heavy. In fact they sound a lot like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for deadlifts, 19 April 2012
These are teh only discs you will find that fit a 1 inch bar that are the right height for deadlifts and since I bought them many people from the bodybuilding forum I am on have follwed suit and bought them too

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: York Single Standard Cast Iron Disc (Sports)
I bought two 20kg plates. They're metal, round and heavy.

Pros - good paint finish, good value for money compared to others I've looked at online for about 1.5 per kg.

Con - The 20kg plates are only 35cm in diameter, smaller than the norm for 20kg olympic plates. Have needed to place a couple of thick books underneath the plates to get the bar up to the regular height for deadlifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars 20kg Disc, 22 May 2014
Bought two of these, they fit a 1 inch bar nicely. Good paint finish, look smart, they do the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Delivered fine., 21 April 2014
This is a great product. Does exactly what it says on the tin. It's heavy, it's iron and thin so you can fit a fair few on the standard bar. Ideal for bench press and dead lift/shrugs etc. Yodel Delivery couldn't have been better. I paid for standard delivery but was happy to find it arrived the next day anyway in less than 24 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes, 5 Dec 2013
20 solid kgs. About half the size again of the 10kg plates. Well worth it for anyone with weights at home. Fast delivery. Yes

5.0 out of 5 stars Do the job nicely, 27 Nov 2013
M. S. TUNSTALL (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these for deadlifts, they are affordable and do the job well. I'd recommend them to any lifter. And, as mentioned before, you will enjoy watching the delivery man struggle!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›