4.0 out of 5 stars Plate diameter

Published 1 month ago by Dave

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Plate diameter, 9 Sep 2010
This review is from: York Single Standard Cast Iron Disc (Sports)
For anyone wanting to know the size of these plates, they are 39cm - at least mine are. The only place I could find which stated the size before I bought them (despite alot of time spent trying) was another customer review on here - theirs were bigger - 43cm. As I am using these for deadlifts, this is a bit annoying as I still have to put a board under each plate to get the bar at the right height (which I believe is 22.5 cm off the ground - 20kg+ olympic plates are 45cm diameter as standard). However, the plates are good quality, not too wide (3.5cm), and I couldn't find them cheaper. Very quick delivery too, so overall I'm pleased and don't regret purchase - I just wish manufacturer's would state measurements. York are by no means alone on this, I struggled to find any standard weight plate's diameter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Standard size + sold 1 disc at a time., 23 Mar 2009
S. Bickerstaff (Belfast) - See all my reviews
Fit's a standard bar. Sold one plate at a time, so buy 2 of them. I was wondering myself if this was a pair of plates. The free delivery was very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value plates., 25 July 2009
Mr. A. Hall (East Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Single Standard Cast Iron Disc (Sports)
I ordered 2x 25KG plates. They met all expectations.

These are pretty cheap compared with other options on the net and the free delivery makes them a very competitive option. Another bonus of getting the 25kg plates is watching the delivery guy struggle. Very funny. :)

Highly reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Weight!, 9 Dec 2013
Brian Sheeran "Brian S" (Warrington, Greater Manchester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great. They're big, they're round, they have a hole in them and they're heavy. In fact they sound a lot like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for deadlifts, 19 April 2012
These are teh only discs you will find that fit a 1 inch bar that are the right height for deadlifts and since I bought them many people from the bodybuilding forum I am on have follwed suit and bought them too

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 8 Nov 2014
Ordered two of these 15kg discs. One has been manufactured very well. The other however, is a bit on the shoddy side, with a bit of metal sticking out of the wall of the hole. There are also random bits sticking out of the disc and grooves where there shouldn't be. The disc fits on the barbell, it's just that the quality isn't consistent between the two discs. I'd probably go for a different brand in the future as I've bought cheaper discs from other brands where the quality has been better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 8 Aug 2012
This review is from: York Single Standard Cast Iron Disc (Sports)
I bought two 20kg plates. They're metal, round and heavy.

Pros - good paint finish, good value for money compared to others I've looked at online for about £1.5 per kg.

Con - The 20kg plates are only 35cm in diameter, smaller than the norm for 20kg olympic plates. Have needed to place a couple of thick books underneath the plates to get the bar up to the regular height for deadlifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars 20kg Disc, 22 May 2014
Bought two of these, they fit a 1 inch bar nicely. Good paint finish, look smart, they do the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job. Delivered fine., 21 April 2014
This is a great product. Does exactly what it says on the tin. It's heavy, it's iron and thin so you can fit a fair few on the standard bar. Ideal for bench press and dead lift/shrugs etc. Yodel Delivery couldn't have been better. I paid for standard delivery but was happy to find it arrived the next day anyway in less than 24 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars yes, 5 Dec 2013
20 solid kgs. About half the size again of the 10kg plates. Well worth it for anyone with weights at home. Fast delivery. Yes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›