4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those with slim hands...
Published on 5 Jun. 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Review
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).
Published on 7 Feb. 2009 by David Jacques

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those with slim hands..., 5 Jun. 2008
This review is from: York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell (Sports)
When I received these weights I was really impressed by the feel of them - they're not spongy, but hard rubber, which make them very easy to grip. One downside that I have found is that the bar could be maybe a centremetre or two wider - I have quite slim hands, and still I found that after a session I have a pressure mark on my thumb where it has been in contact with the outer section of the weights.

A note to mention - although these are described as 'dumbells' and show a picture of two dumbells on the product page - they price displayed is only for one! So make sure you double up! Easy mistake to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dumbbell for the price, 5 Jan. 2013
Ms. C. Moore "C. Moore" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell (Sports)
These are great, easy to grip and hexagonal so don't roll away. I was going to pay nearly double for the Tunturi ones but then saw these - so pleased I did! Many of the poorer reviews of these on Amazon are down to packaging problems and the fact that it is one dumbbell and not a pair so obviously buy 2 of them and you won't be dissappointed! I can honestly say Amazon did a great job with my packaging - each dumbbell was wrapped in loads of bubblewrap and then boxed up in small boxes and then put in a larger box for delivery, padded out with extra brown paper. The Yodel man moaned about the weight of the box but everything was very well contained in the package. Recommended but remember to buy 2!

5.0 out of 5 stars To weight it up..., 21 Oct. 2011
These weights are excellent quality. I needed to go up a size and they are just what I needed. They are not too bulky and are non slip when in use. They don't scratch surfaces and are very comfortable to lift and lower etc. Brilliant... When I need 5kg weights I will be returning to hopefully find some in the same make!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good make, 9 Aug. 2009
These are really good dumbbells. The grip is excellent and with them not being smooth, your hand doesn't slip when you start to get sweaty.

5.0 out of 5 stars York 2kg dumbbell., 2 Jan. 2011
Robust construction, safe easy parking due to hexagon shape, easy and comfortable to use. Just what a home exercise dumbell should be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review, 7 Feb. 2009
David Jacques (London, England) - See all my reviews
Product is made well.

I was slightly surprised you have to buy weights individually though.

Do not do what I did, read the product detail properly, :-).

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for occasional use., 9 April 2013
I bought the 2.5kg weights to work out around 30mins a day.
I agree with some people's reviews that the handles could do to be a bit bigger for people with big-ish hands.
I find that using them for 30mins to an hour is fine, much longer and they start to rub uncomfortably.
Other than that they're great!
Good grip and worth the money in my opinion.
I'll be looking into getting larger weights in the near future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptive??, 2 Dec. 2009
This review is from: York Single Neo Hex Dumbbell (Sports)
Excellent Product. Just what I wanted. BUT!!!!!!! Does anyone EVER buy 1 Shoe??? Or 1 Glove?? Or a Pair of Spectacles with only 1 Lens?? I thought what I was buying was a PAIR of Dumbells. As a result, I had to buy a 2nd. Perhaps a little bit Unfair??? I think I also read another review where another buyer thought they were buying a pair and not 1 single Dumbell. Perhaps the Description ought to make this ABUNDANTLY clear???

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 19 Mar. 2011
there is nothing wrong with these weights I just think you would be better off getting hand grips or doing pressups or other excercises if you like lifting weights get these what I like about these is there not very heavy so you can lift them while watching TV while not thinking about it infact im lifting them as i type this they dont look like they will be very easy to hold but they are easy to grip there good for the money

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine for small hands..., 9 Jan. 2012
The hand grip is short and stocky, i found with even my small hands it still leaves a pressure mark after a workout, but the material is hard rubber and easy to grip. Be aware the price is for one single weight, so buy 2 if thats what you want!, also the box that the product came in seemed particually large considering the size of the weight, so be careful when picking up the box the weight doesnt fall through!

York 5kg Neo Hex Dumbbell