5.0 out of 5 stars good deal
I have spin lock weights. The 1" bars had the spinlock collars; but being "plastic" they split and became un usable. These fit over my bars, they fit the spin lock and the plain bars and because of the price I got 2 sets.
Published on 13 Sept. 2011 by T-HILL75

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what it says in the description
Published on 28 Aug. 2009 by L. John-Baptiste

5.0 out of 5 stars good deal, 13 Sept. 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what it says in the description, 28 Aug. 2009
L. John-Baptiste (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
I am pleased with the product and was surprised about how fast it actually came. However, I do not believe that these are actually genuine York spring collars. The box it came in had Chinese writing on it and I am yet to find a york label anywhere on the product. I would have given the product 5 stars but as I was decieved and made to think I was spending my money on something else I will not.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 27 July 2009
Mark Smith (Birmingham, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
For years I struggled with the 'quick-release' collars which came with my bar. After buying these I'm gutted I didn't get them earlier. They are perfect - quick and easy to use - couldn't be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 13 April 2011
J. Bateman - See all my reviews
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
great springlocks exact same as the ones supplied with the york barbell so i do belive these are york products unlike some other reviews! recommend to anyone with a 1" barbell

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be doing the job so far., 16 Nov. 2014
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
Can't knock it. Haven't properly used it since I've had it, but it went on smoothly and holds on tight, after a few tests, it doesn't seem to be losing grip so that's the spring collars purpose! Whether that lasts is another matter, but not something I can say now! I think the price and delivery was the difference between the others, I'm assuming it's all pretty much the same standard.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lottery wether they'll fit, 1 Feb. 2013
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
The clips themselves seem fine and fit for purpose, but the problem I have with them is they're too big for some of my kit so won't work. I have a York Dumbell set and a York EZCurl bar both with 1" threaded spinlocks. The clips are too big for the EZcurl bar and ONE of the dumbells, but fit fine on the other dumbell - even though they are part of the same set.

Clearly the tolerance in the York bars varies so its anyone's guess if these clips will be any good for you. Just be warned that if they SHOULD fit - they may or may not depending on your luck !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
Bought these because I became tired of unscrewing the 'quick' release collars on my standard weights. Realise I should probably have bought the more expensive Olympic and weights bar now but thought these spring collars might be more economic. They're very tight so take some effort to get on and off but hold the weights very securely, especially as the bar is threaded. In fact, getting them on and off is now an exercise in its own right.

Only improvement would be a more dramatic angling to the levers so that they don't sit flush against the weights.

5.0 out of 5 stars spring collars, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
THEY WORK VERY WELL and seem well made and I am sure they will last for many years, so good! Been using for some months. Sometimes there is a little dampness on my weights and if so, and bar dips a little on one side ( this is with 25kg on each end ), then the collars allow the weight to slide, ( quite a lot ) so exercise ( no pun intended ) care. But I don`t see this as a problem, just wipe off the centres of the weights and the bar if condensation present. And just chuck it if it gets out of hand. Still 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good collars, 4 Jun. 2009
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
Bought these in hope they could replace the spinlock collars on my 1" bars but they are too big (probably because of the thread on the bars). They are a sturdy set however & would probably lock onto a smooth 1" bar brilliantly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality fine for the price, but don't fit the screw fitting bars, 21 Nov. 2013
This review is from: York Spring Collars (Sports)
Bought these under the assumption they would fit york dumbbell and curl bars which have the screw-thread ends. Unfortunately they do not and are not safe used like this. I assume york must also sell bars with smooth ends that are not olympic diameter (these collars are small ones). Quality is otherwise fine, and price was very low.

Pros
- Quality decent for the price

Cons
- Does not fit bars which are threaded

York Spring Collars