4.0 out of 5 stars thrusting
Got the barbell pad recently for doing weighted glute bridges and hip thrusts. Excellent quality and the pad is tough as hell. Handles 170kg bridging easily with no pain on the hips.
Published on 27 Sept. 2011 by dope540

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thick beware!
I baught this thinking it would be better than the one inch but when using it found that it made it harder to balance. Padding is very good but for lighter weights is not recomended as the one inch is more than enough.
Published on 13 Mar. 2011 by Hasanul

4.0 out of 5 stars thrusting, 27 Sept. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Jun. 2009
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
Great product, helps take the pain of the Olympic bar away when squatting heavy weights. A must have for comfort.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too thick beware!, 13 Mar. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 Jun. 2009
Angela Cohen "Angie" (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
Having just bought a new bench and my first barbell, I found that I was having trouble squatting because of the pain of the bar across the back of my neck. A friend recommended a barbell pad and I got this one.

It is easy to use, enables me to lift much heavier weights, and is extremely comfortable. There's really not much else to say. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Barbell Hip Thrusts/Glute Bridges, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
My favourite booty-building exercises are barbell hip thrusts and glute bridges, but a heavy bar across your pelvic region is less than comfortable. I've actually suffered awful bruising from it causing some raising eyebrows from my husband! I used to wrap a yoga mat around the bar, which works, but it's a palaver. This thing is the answer. It's perfect and makes the exercise totally comfortable and safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 24 April 2014
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
I use it for hip thrusts and love it because it is so thick that it's a lot more gentle on the front of the hips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
Very happy with this pad, it's made squats a lot more comfortable: Thick padding and wide enough to spread the load properly. The foam padding is protected by an outer sleeve with velcro fastner and looks made to last. Designed for olympic bars but perfectly useable on a standard bar as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for comfortable squatting!, 14 Oct. 2011
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
I bought one of these 2 years ago to stop my back and shoulders getting sore from the heavy barbell during squats. This pad is brilliant- it's thick and provides very good cushioning to make squatting a lot more comfortable (well, as comfortable as can be expected when doing a heavy set of squats!).

I actually ended up buying two more to put as cushions on the safety bars of my power rack, so that the bar does not clash against the safety bars during squats and bench press. The clashing can be very off-putting and distracting.

Overall, very good product and does its job! Mine has lasted me 2 years and it's only in the last 6 months after HEAVY FREQUENT use it has started to fall apart, i.e. it fails to hold itself together very well anymore.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra thick pad provides comfort, 17 Sept. 2014
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
Bought for my wife who has problems with "bulging" discs in her neck and upper spine, which were causing her problems with squating, even with just the 20kg bar, but the problem has now been greatly improved by using this extra thick barbell pad - it must be twice as thick as the pad the gym used to have - so my wife loves it and is now squatting with 50kg. Also the outer sleeve is attached to the foam, so it doesn't move around. My wife and I work out together and I find that the pad does make the bar feel more comfortable on my shoulders, but it's a bit too thick for my liking as I like to be able to feel the bar to make sure it's in the right position.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK product for glute bridges, 14 Feb. 2012
This review is from: York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad (Sports)
I bought this item to be able perform glute bridges. I haven't gone heavy on this exercise yet. With light weights, pad removes pain caused by bar making the exercise comfortable. I was first trying too look for Hampton bar pad (recommended for glute bridges), but could not find the dealer which ships to my country in reasonable price. So far I feel like York bar pad is a good substitute.

York 2" Heavy Duty Barbell Pad