5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandma, 17 Nov. 2010
B. Huckstep "Grandma" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
Having used this typing programme with dyslexic children at school, I decided to purchase it for home use for my Grandchildren. It is excellent, whether the children are dyslexic or not, great fun and the children do not realise they are not only learning to type correctly, but improving their spelling skills at the same time. It is never too early to teach correct typing as so many children move up through the school being unable to touch type.HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Kids!!, 17 May 2011
S. Wilkinson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
There are many touch type teaching programs available, but few can come close to Nessy Fingers. I currently use this software at my school for all children in Primary, and they absolutely adore it. Even most of the staff have been sneakily trying it!
With just 5 basic lessons covering all areas of the keyboard, this software will have you touch typing in no time! The sizable selection of mini games allows users to regularly practice without getting bored ( Something even adults find difficult to do! ) and in-game achievements and trophies mean that children gain a great sense of achievement.
With multiple difficulty settings available, this software is suited to a huge range of abilities, and very much allows users to develop at their own pace, and the addition of user generated word lists means this software can be easily tailored to personal needs.
All in all, this is a great piece of software, giving Children ( And myself! ) a fun, easy way to develop their touch typing skills, in such a way they don't even realise it's educational!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nessy Fingers, 4 Feb. 2010
A Kid's Review
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
I type this on behalf of my 10 year old daughter who uses the programme and enjoys it immensly. It has been a great motivator in her aim to type faster and aid her learning. I can recommend it to others who have learning difficulties and want to get ahead with typing.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MAC LATEST VERSION 2014, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
Don't buy if you have a new Mac. We bought this in 2013 and upgraded our PC to a Mac this year, with the latest version of Mavericks installed. The disk no longer worked. When I phoned the company they just bluntly said they do not support Mac anymore and it was just tough on us. As our disk is a year old we can't seek a refund from Amazon, but would wish other buyers not to waste their money!

5.0 out of 5 stars essential early learning, 7 Nov. 2011
C. Smith "Kit Smith" (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
It was recommended to me as my son is dyslexic but I really think it ought to be on everyone's 'shelf'. I learned to touch-type as soon as I left school (1988) & it really is an essential skill. Get them touch-typing as soon as they are interested in computers - otherwise they won't want to slow down & learn it properly. If they're using the keyboard at all, they're not too young.

Combine with a lower-case keyboard (search "coloured keyboard") for younger kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for children, 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
My 7 and 8 year old sons love this product and have made great progress with their touch-typing. The challenge games are an excellent idea, because they make the children want to practice typing faster and more accurately in order to win the next prize.

3.0 out of 5 stars No better than the free typing tutors that are out there, 12 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
My 10 year old son loved the trial version of this program (although I had my doubts about its methods) so I bought the full version for him.

The trial version just uses the left hand and is limited to the letters A to G - very strange as all other typing tutors I have seen start with the home keys and spread outwards.

The full version continues with this alphabetical order approach and includes all of the games. He got on well with learning to touch type but quickly lost interest in the program and needs to be nagged to use it now.

We have since tried out other free programs recommended/used by his school and available on-line which use the more conventional home-key outward approach and he is doing just as well with that and is just as keen/reluctant to use these. So my advice would be to save your money and use the freebies.

I have no idea why the free trial was so engaging to him but the full product was not.

5.0 out of 5 stars REview, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
Fantastic, would recommend to anyone who has a child of about 8/9/10 onwards.My son has problems with spelling so for fun decided to buy nessy fingers so he didn't feel he was learning to spell instead he was learning to touch type. It is working a treat and I am learning alongside him.So a good tool for adults alike. I would fully recommend for any family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, but programme does crash a lot, 15 Aug. 2011
H. Petre "hpoet" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
I bought this programme for myself, an adult with dyspraxia, having first tried the download demo version from the Nessy site. It is great fun to play the games and my typing has improved, as has my confidence. I'd tried Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing before but never progressed, as the games consisted of typing nonsense words, whereas on Nessy you only type real words, something that appeals to my learning style! Games and music are enjoyable, and you are reminded to take regular breaks.
Tried it on a visiting 10-year-old who had a good time, but would only play with the 'hunt and peck' method of typing! As with all typing games, you can 'cheat 'by looking down, and not using the correct fingers.
The disk tends to crash several times per day in my Mac laptop, particularly if the keyboard is touched while the game is loading.This happened with the demo version, too. Frustrating, I don't expect that to happen these days. That's why I'm giving it four stars rather than five, but apart from that I can't fault it.
Thanks, Nessy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nessy Fingers, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Nessy Fingers (CD-ROM)
I bought this to teach touch typing to my dyslexic students and it has been a great hit. They love it and have been making good progress.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Nessy Fingers
Nessy Fingers by Nessy (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)