5.0 out of 5 stars Demian-Highly under rated!****Bubble Puppy***, 24 Feb. 2010
Robvee (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Demian (Audio CD)
Being a big fan of Bubble Puppy only left me wanting more, I think that their gathering of promises album is awesome-can't fault it. So when you read the sleeve notes and have a look around online and find that the band went on to form Demian I had to have the album.

I was really hopeful that this album would meet my high expectations after the 'puppy album and even after one listen I was over the moon, this is a highly underated album which I would recommend to anyone into 70's rock. I actually love it as much as my Led Zep albums! To my mind it is as equally pleasing although they may not be boundry breakers like Zep they certainly know how to make a cracking album full of diverse catchy tunes that don't all sound like each other.

The only problem with this album is that there arnt anymore to follow it up!! As far as I know they never released anything else after the limited success in the charts. I wish they had more albums out I really do.

Awesome album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard-psych classic, 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Demian (Audio CD)
In fact the second album by Texan psych legends Bubble Puppy, who'd changed their name for legal reasons. Recorded late at night at the celebrated Record Plant in Los Angeles, it's a stupendous blend of tough rock riffs, pop hooks, glorious melodies and biting psychedelic guitar, but was sorely under-promoted on its original release in 1971, causing the band to splinter the following year.

Demian
Demian by Demian (Audio CD - 2008)